• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

MattX20

Smash Hero
This news basically only seems to confirm how the announcements for Microsoft and Sony would go, since Nintendo Directs still tend to contain all their main announcements in the Direct as planned.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/Canadianguyehh/status/1252667333560152069

If that Portuguese bloke is correct, we should be hearing news by the end of the year.

Edit: Hmm, never mind then. It did seem like a "the sky is blue" statement.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Hello everyone! I am new to this thread and since Crash is one of my most wanted characters, and as a nice introduction, I thought I could share my ideas for a Crash Bandicoot Challenger Pack and what I think he should come with! I'm keeping this semi-realistic, so don't expect too much out of this. Anyways, let's start!

Fighter
Crash Bandicoot obviously joins the battle in this Challenger Pack! Crash would be an all-around character, utilizing all sorts of moves and weapons from his game. His outfits would consist of all the forms Crash takes in his games, such as his Pilot, Underwater, Biker ect. Other outfits could resemble Evil Crash from Crash Twinsanity, and he could also have his PS1 appearance as well. Another neat alt idea is Japanese Crash, which is the appearance of Crash that Crash takes in Japanese advertising. The final alt can be Fake Crash, who I think could have completely different voice clips separate from Crash, similarly to Ike.

As for his moveset, his neutral special should be his iconic spin, pretty self-explanatory if you ask me. His side special should have him ride on Polar for a little bit. I'm thinking this could work similarly to Wario's Bike. His up special is my favorite idea. Crash uses a crate trampoline. HOWEVER, this is actually a pretty interesting move, as it as an RNG-gimmick. Their is a 90% chance that Crash will use a Spring Crate, however, their is a 40% chance Crash can use a TNT Crate, which he can bounce off of, but the crate will countdown from 5 before it explodes. This crate can also be picked up before it explodes. And lastly, their is a 5% chance that Crash can use a Nitro Crate, which explodes immediately upon using it, causing Crash to take damage, going very high in the air, however, he will never die using this move. However, any opponent caught near the Nitro Crate's explosion will get INSTANT KO'd no matter what percentage you're at, so watch out. As for his down special, I think it makes sense for it to be the Fruit Bazooka. Its a charging move, and you can aim at the opponents. The longer you charge, the more wumpa fruit that come shooting out. As for his Final Smash, Crash traps the opponent by dashing in to them with Polar, and then a cutscene plays, showing a huge boulder rolling down, crushing the opponents. Its a simple Final Smash, but its the best I could come up with and it makes sense for Crash.

Stage
I have to be honest, this one was quite difficult. Not because I couldn't think of a stage, but moreso because their is SO MUCH to choose from. I'm debating choosing either N. Sanity Beach or Cortex Castle as the stage, but any Crash stage from the Naughty Dog-era is preferable.

Music
For music, I chose 15 tracks that I think would be perfect. Some of these picks may be bias, but that just goes to show how great Crash music is.

N. Sanity Beach [REMIX] - Crash Bandicoot
Main Theme - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Main Theme - Crash Bandicoot: Warped [REMIX]
Hog Wild \ Whole Hog - Crash Bandicoot
Turtle Woods \ The Pits \ Night Flight - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Main Theme - Crash Twinsanity
Slippery Climb \ Stormy Ascent - Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
Ripper Roo - Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
Dr. N. Tropy - Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy
Dr. Neo Cortex - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Title Theme - Crash Team Racing
Crash Cove - Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
Hot Air Skyway - Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
Electron Avenue - Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
Japanese Theme Song - Crash Bandicoot

Classic Mode: N. Sane Icons
As for Crash's Classic Mode, I decided to do something different. Instead of referencing something from his game, I think it would be make more sense to fight against different video game mascots, signifying how Crash basically was the unofficial PS1 mascot.

Round 1 - :ultmario: on Mushroom Kingdom from Smash 64 (Ground Theme- Super Mario Bros. 64)
Round 2 - :ultsonic: on Green Hill Zone (Green Hill Zone)
Round 3 - :ultmegaman: on Wily Castle (Mega Man 2 Retro Medley)
Round 4 - :ultpacman: on PAC-LAND (PAC-MAN)
Round 5 - :ultryu: on Suzaku Castle (Ryu Stage Type A)
Round 6 - :ultcloud: on Midgar (Let The Battles Begin!)
Bonus Stage
Round 7 - Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Dr. Neo Cortex) (Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, PAC-MAN, Ryu And Cloud are all your allies)

Fighter Spirits
For Fighter Spirits, their are two Spirits you can obtain.

Crash Bandicoot
*Clear Crash's Classic Mode.
*Purchase in the Vault Shop for 300G, after downloading Crash.

Fake Crash
*Purchase in the Vault Shop for 300G, after downloading Crash.
Spirit Board
For Crash's Spirit Board, 12 Spirits are available, two of which can be upgraded.

Coco Bandicoot
Type: Ace (Grab)
Stars: 2
Fighters: :ultisabelle: (Blue Alt), Crash
Stage: N. Sanity Beach
Music: N. Sanity Beach [REMIX]
Conditions:
*Defeat the main fighter to win.
*Time slows down occasionally.
When Equipped: Timer Equipped [?]

Crunch Bandicoot
Type: Advanced (Attack)
Stars: 3
Fighters: :ultdk: (Red Alt)
Stage: Dracula's Castle (Battlefield)
Music: Hog Wild \ Whole Hog
Conditions:
*The floor is on fire.
*The enemy's special attacks have increased power.
When Equipped: Fire Immunity

Aku Aku
Type: Novice (Shield)
Stars: 1
Fighters: :ultbrawler:, Crash (Mii Brawler wears an Aku Aku mask)
Stage: Jungle Japes
Music: Main Theme - Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Conditions:
*The enemy (Mii Brawler) often avoids conflicts.
*The enemy often shields.
When Equipped: Enhanced Shield

Dr. Neo Cortex
Type: Advanced (Neutral)
Fighters: :ultdoc: (Black Alt) :ultpeach:
Stage: Pilotwings
Music: Dr. Neo Cortex
Conditions:
*Stamina Battle.
*The enemy starts the battle with a Ray Gun.
*The enemy (Peach) often avoids conflicts.
When Equipped: Ray Gun Equipped

Dr. N. Brio
Type: Ace (Attack)
Fighters: :ultdoc:
Stage: Wily Castle (Omega)
Music: Slippery Climb \ Stormy Ascent
Conditions:
*Stamina Battle.
*The enemy heals once in a while.
*The enemy turns giant after a while.
When Equipped: Super Mushroom Equipped
Can be enhanced to:
Mutant N. Brio
When Equipped: Undamaged Attack & Speed ↑

Dr. N. Gin
Type: Novice (Grab)
Fighters: :ultbowserjr: (Roy) :ultrob:
Stage: Lylat Cruise (Omega)
Music: Main Theme - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Conditions:
*Stamina Battle.
*The enemy's melee attacks are stronger.
*When Equipped: Melee Attacks ↑

Uka Uka
Type: Advanced (Shield)
Fighters: :ultbrawler::ultdoc:(Black Alt) (Mii Brawler wears an Uka Uka mask)
Stage: Final Destination
Music: Dr. Neo Cortex
Conditions:
*Take your strongest team in to this no-frills battle.
When Equipped: Fast Final Smash Meter

Tiny Tiger
Type: Advanced (Attack)
Fighters: :ultincineroar: (Orange Alt)
Stage: Arena Ferox
Music: Main Theme - Crash Bandicoot: Warped [REMIX]
Conditions:
*The enemy is giant.
*The enemy deals damage when falling.
When Equipped: Instadrop

Ripper Roo
Type: Ace (Grab)
Fighters: :ultyoshi: (Blue Alt)
Stage: Garden Of Hope
Music: Ripper Roo
Conditions:
*The enemy is equipped with a Bunny Hood.
*The enemy loves to jump.
*Bob-ombs will rain from the sky.
When Equipped: Bunny Hood Equipped
Can be enhanced to:
Gentleman Ripper Roo
Type: Ace (Neutral)
When Equipped: Fire Immunity

Pinstripe Potoroo
Fighters: :ultjoker: (Red Alt)
Stage: Kalos Pokémon League
Music: Hot Air Skyway
Conditions:
*The enemy favors neutral specials.
*The enemy's special attacks have increased power.
*The enemy can unleash powerful critical hits at random.
When Equipped: Neutral Special ↑

Nitros Oxide
Type: Advanced (Grab)
Fighters: :ultgreninja: (Green Alt)
Stage: Port Town Aero Dive
Music: Crash Cove
Conditions:
*The enemy has increased move speed.
*The enemy can deal damage by dashing in to you.
*The enemy is very fast and can't stop quickly.
When Equipped: Move Speed ↑

Dr. N. Tropy
Type: Legend (Attack)
Stars: 4
Fighters: :ultbayonetta: (Blue Alt)
Stage: Umbra Clock Tower
Music: Dr. N. Tropy
Conditions:
*The enemy's FS meter charges quickly.
*The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash.
*The enemy can use their Final Smash twice in a row.
When Equipped: Chance of Double Final Smash

Mii Fighter Outfits
Finally, the Mii Fighter Outfits! I think these outfits should be based on characters from the Crash series, other Activision franchises, and other platformers.
Aku Aku Mask (Crash Bandicoot) (:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:)
Uka Uka Mask (Crash Bandicoot) (:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
Spyro Hat (Spyro The Dragon) (:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:)
Barbarian (Diablo) (:ultswordfighter:)
Klonoa (Klonoa) (:ultbrawler:)
Hat Kid (A Hat In Time) (:ultswordfighter:)

In addition to the Hat Kid outfit, one music track from A Hat In Time is released alongside the outfit. The song is Mafia Town.

Conclusion
In conclusion, this is my idea for a Crash Bandicoot-themed Challenger Pack and this would be the dream for me. I'm sorry if this is a very long post, but I made this from the bottom of my heart because I really love both Crash Bandicoot and Super Smash Bros. and this would be a dream come true for me!

What are your thoughts on this? Do you like it or is their anything I should change? Let me know!!! :D

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The updated design looks really good, I think it is perfect for the mobile environment. I'd say it only loses to the N. Sane Trilogy.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I really like how they're integrating the Titans into this game with a more classic-style look. Nice way to revision, but also acknowledge a less desirable part of Crash's history (even tho I think it's a solid title).

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I really like how they're integrating the Titans into this game with a more classic-style look. Nice way to revision, but also acknowledge a less desirable part of Crash's history (even tho I think it's a solid title).
I figure that it's healthy to repurpose older ideas in a new way, particularly for some that previously didn't have the best of executions when having a lot of potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh wow that Crash rumour sounds awesome hopefully it’s true about the new game.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh wow that Crash rumour sounds awesome hopefully it’s true about the new game.
If you're talking about that 4Chan text leak...it's fake, you can tell because it just so happened to be posted on the day the mobile game soft-launched, and it brings up said mobile game's multiverse element to get extra attention points.

Take any text leak with :shaker:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah I see darn shame but oh well. Hopefully we get another new game one day.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Wanted to share another moveset idea.

Forward Air: Yoyo Swing

Crash pulls out his yoyo and swings it forward. As he does so it spins, racking up multiple hits along its trajectory until reaching its max length (pictured), where he'll yank it back to knock foes away. This is inspired by his idle animation and his attack from Skylanders; it affords him some excellent range and is his longest-ranged melee attack in this moveset, it's also an excellent move for foes you want to push away while dealing constant damage.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The Crash Bandicoot mobile game actually looks pretty solid as far as mobile games go and that's coming from someone who doesn't really play or care about mobile games with the exception of "Pokemon Go" which I still casually play at times when I walk my dog.

I'm actually digging the art style and his design too, It stays faithful to his Classic/Modenized N.Sane Trilogy look, But with an even more wacky and cartoony look (If that was even possible for Crash) that looks straight out of a modern CGI cartoon or movie.

Gameplay wise without a doubt would follow the "Runner" concept as Crash Bandicoot's gameplay and level design was made for this type of game style and stays pretty faithful to the source material.

Looks like a fun little time waster and maybe will give it a shot if I'm bored or something in the future.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly I think Crash would be up there as far as June Direct reveals that could rival or surpass Banjo in terms of hype. While he's not as high as the latter on the most wanted list of newcomers among the hardcore Smash set, to a broader and more casual audience he's a more significant character and with his recent games much more relevant. And while Terry, Byleth, & the ARMS character were all solid enough additions, a Crash reveal feels like it could really get newcomer buzz back into the series that feels like its fizzled out these past few months.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly I think Crash would be up there as far as June Direct reveals that could rival or surpass Banjo in terms of hype. While he's not as high as the latter on the most wanted list of newcomers among the hardcore Smash set, to a broader and more casual audience he's a more significant character and with his recent games much more relevant. And while Terry, Byleth, & the ARMS character were all solid enough additions, a Crash reveal feels like it could really get newcomer buzz back into the series that feels like its fizzled out these past few months.
It all depends on when and if we get news for the next Crash game at that month. In terms of tie-in newcomers, we've rarely had a chance for the stars to align like it could right now.

https://crashynews.wordpress.com/20...s-generated-channel-is-inaccessible-and-more/

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I know this probably has been discussed multiple times, but what do you all think would be Crash's logo? I imagine it would probably be either a wumpa fruit, wumpa crate or Aku-Aku.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I would go with either Crash's life counter with his tongue sticking out (Similarly to Sonic's logo) or the Aku-Aku mask as the series logo, Can't go wrong with either, But I probably would prefer Crash's face life counter as the franchise's logo.

Another one that I have been having somewhat of a hard time thinking is Crash's "Victory Theme", Only because he doesn't really have one when he either beats a level or defeats a boss from the original trilogy, The closest one we have is the CTR victory theme when you finish in 1st place and while I do like it, It would be kind of weird for the series victory theme be from a spinoff kart racer and not the main trilogy.

I would imagine they will probably take the "Warped" theme because overall it's the most used and probably iconic theme from the franchise and give it a shortern grander fanfare theme similarly to the Pokemon or King K. Rool's victory theme in Smash.

Stage entrance is either gonna be "Cortex's Strikes Back" warp/teleport or "Warped's" time warp.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Beat the N-Sane Trilogy yesterday. As someone in my early 30's that didn't really play the games back in the day, I'm happy for the experience and just my quick thoughts on each:

Crash Bandicoot- Wasn't expecting the game to be as hard as it was. The game is "NES hard" in how you'll eventually get it but you're going to die a lot in the process. That said, it's not too different from Ninja Gaiden and Kid Icarus and I see why it became a classic. The very precise platforming in some levels kind of killed my motivation to 100% the game though.

Crash 2: Cortex's Boogaloo: Probably the best of the 3. Very polished and the difficulty was lowered just enough to still be challenging but not brutally unforgiving like the first game. Fun enough to beat 100%.

Crash: Let's Do the Time Warp Again: Feels like it lacks focus, kind of like DK64. Feels like it tried to cram too many gameplay ideas into one game. Platforming isn't as strong as 2 and a few of the vehicle stages bordered on not being fun (Hot Coco and Rings of Power come to mind). Still fun enough to get everything but didn't care enough to get the final gem or gold speed run thingies in each stage.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Beat the N-Sane Trilogy yesterday. As someone in my early 30's that didn't really play the games back in the day, I'm happy for the experience and just my quick thoughts on each:

Crash Bandicoot- Wasn't expecting the game to be as hard as it was. The game is "NES hard" in how you'll eventually get it but you're going to die a lot in the process. That said, it's not too different from Ninja Gaiden and Kid Icarus and I see why it became a classic. The very precise platforming in some levels kind of killed my motivation to 100% the game though.

Crash 2: Cortex's Boogaloo: Probably the best of the 3. Very polished and the difficulty was lowered just enough to still be challenging but not brutally unforgiving like the first game. Fun enough to beat 100%.

Crash: Let's Do the Time Warp Again: Feels like it lacks focus, kind of like DK64. Feels like it tried to cram too many gameplay ideas into one game. Platforming isn't as strong as 2 and a few of the vehicle stages bordered on not being fun (Hot Coco and Rings of Power come to mind). Still fun enough to get everything but didn't care enough to get the final gem or gold speed run thingies in each stage.
You think Crash 1 is hard?

...i mean it is, but the PS1 version was even worse in that regard. In order to save, you needed to clear a Tawna bonus round, obtain a key or the most common method, obtain a gem by breaking all the boxes of a level.......without dying. Yeah, pretty dumb. Thankfully the N. Sane Trilogy version fixes that by giving you the chance to save without any requirements, and you can obatin gems without worrying about the death penalty (except the colored ones)

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice

Cortex Strikes Back was always my favorite, with 1 right behind it. They have that classic video game feel, but Warped's levels dissociate me from personally liking it as much as the 2 predecessors.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Sorry to get off-topic, but I would love to give a more formal introduction. Crash has been my #1 most wanted character since Brawl, but I never really thought he was likely since he wasn't that popular of a request back in the day, and that was around the time when Crash games started to die. It has always been a dream of mine to get Mario, Sonic and Crash Bandicoot in the same video game.

I've been playing Crash games before I even started to get in to Nintendo. The first game I vividly remember playing was Crash 2 on the PS1 and I had so much memories playing that game. Ever since then, I was hooked and bought almost every Crash game. I own the original trilogy, as well as the remakes, the original CTR and Nitro-Fueled, Wrath Of Cortex, Twinsanity, the GBA games, Nitro Kart, Tag Team Racing, and even the Mutant games. As you can tell, I love Crash Bandicoot.

Now that Crash is a popular request, and now that he is finally back in the spotlight, it makes very hopeful that I can FINALLY get that dream crossover that I have been waiting for since I was little. And I will continue to support Crash for years to come. #Crash4Smash :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I guess that early test run for the mobile spin-off was a little too early.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This character is going to happen. Everyone knows it.
Don't jinx it. I would faint if it actually happens but let's hype responsibly. Don't get me wrong, I think he is really likely, but I could have sworn Doom Slayer was going to be FP5 and I don't want something like that happen again. Of course that was on me so don't repeat my mistake.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I really want Crash, but its really hard for me to be confident in his chances.

On one hand, Crash is a gaming icon, and I am pretty sure Nintendo And Activision know this. Hell, even the tagline for when Crash N-Sane Trilogy was revealed for the Switch was "Gaming Icon Crashes The Switch". But their is also a part of me that doubts it. Activision is known for being stingy and I can see them being that company to say no for whatever reason. And on top of that, most of the Crash support seems to be fairly new, from what I have seen, and since it has taken long to get long-time fan requests like Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo, I have little hope that a fairly new request like Crash will be chosen.

I really want to be wrong, however, but I have doubts. Personally, I am 50\50 on Crash's chances. I could see it because of his legacy and the fact that he is a gaming icon, but I can also see Activision being stubborn to put him in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We just don't know what a given character's chances are until the minute that they're shown off as a fighter. A reveal turns 0% into 100%.

Just wait and see what will happen. If he's in, it's the most educated guess in the world. If not, we don't know what the heck is being done with his franchise anymore.

Right now I just want to see if anything new will be done for Nitro-Fueled after the Pro Challenges change next week.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It is interesting that Activision being an issue feels like the only somewhat known impediment for him getting in (as we don't know Nintendo or Sakurai's thoughts on him). Every other potential issue is accounted for:

-Well known & currently relevant character to hardcore Smash fans & the general audiences
-Appeared on numerous Nintendo consoles
-Completely family friendly
-Popular in Japan & the West
-No current representation in Smash via Spirits or AT's.
-Loads of adaptable moves to work with
-Distinct design & personality
-Instant buzz given the previous rivalry with Mario

There are other third party characters that might get more hype if they showed up (Sora, Master Chief, etc), but Crash feels like the biggest non-Nintendo figure that would most easily fit in for the game and him not appearing would be a waste by both the big N and Activision.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing for sure is, we got radio silence on all fronts of Activision in regards to Crash news, Nitro-Fueled or otherwise with the only possible clue being a new Activision-published Crash project announcement always preceding a new Call Of Duty announcement.

How much longer is this suspense going to last? Also, we're running out of things to guess as potential PS5 launch titles:

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
This character is going to happen. Everyone knows it.
Crash Bandicoot is kind of giving me the same gut feeling that I got with Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool (My most wanted characters) in that it's not a matter of if, But when, He just seems like a too big and obvious of choice, (Especially with the choices that are left out there.) to not include in this type of game that he's a perfect fit for.

Super Smash Bros is a "Platform Fighter" where some of the biggest platforming icons in gaming (Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong) are beating the hell out of each other, I mean how can you not have Crash Bandicoot?

He's the type of character that just seems destined to be in Super Smash Bros and if it doesn't happen it would feel like a another missed opportunity just like with Sony and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Hopefully Nintendo can right this wrong.

2018 - King K. Rool
2019 - Banjo-Kazooie
2020 - Crash Bandicoot ?

I'm looking to make it 3 years in a row for me personally.

maxresdefault.jpg

Nintendo... Activision... Make it happen.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I really hope Crash happens but deep down, I've got a sinking feeling that Nintendo is going to ignore him for whatever reason. Sounds weird, but it's the reason I can't bet all my chips on him making it into the game.

Sure, he's definitely deserving of getting an invite but that's what everyone said about a Resident Evil character, and look what happened there.

Not to mention that, as Enigma mentioned, Crash's support isn't all that great compared to other characters. Since he is a Western character who has strong ties to Playstation, he wasn't thought of being a viable option until now. Even now I see his support dying down due to lack of evidence and people thinking Rayman is more likely to be chosen as the "Platform Mascot" character for this pass because of recent leaks, and given how chummy Nintendo and Ubisoft are with each other, I can't blame them.

I'll still remain hopeful for Crash's chances for now, as I don't want negativity to get the better of me, but I'm can't bring myself to see him as an inevitability. Stuff like this has happened to too many fanbases within the Smash community and it could easily happen to us.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Im a big fan of Crash getting an endless spin as his standard B.
This would mean that most attacks can be used from the spin, and that you can keep him essentially in two movement variations- spinning or not spinning.
Each has perks. The spin, of course, would allow a float/hover down, but would be harder to control, and leave more lag in attacks. Not to mention, it would be a constant need to press it.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Fixed that for you.
Which is why I said "Personally".

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan of Metroid (Hoping for a Prime trilogy remaster and can't wait for Prime 4) and I am happy that Ridley made it in as he is deserving and left me satisfied and cheering that Metroid got their main antagonist. But I didn't get into Metroid until I got older.

I'm a bigger fan of Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie and Rare as a whole. B-K and K.Rool were my personal "1-2 punch" most wanted characters overall and definitely left me pumped up and yelling with pride that no other character that has yet to make it into Smash could.

My satisfaction with the roster has peaked (For the most part), And Crash Bandicoot is probably only one of the very few characters left that I can think of that will give me "Somewhat" of a close feeling to Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool making their Smash debut

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Im a big fan of Crash getting an endless spin as his standard B.
This would mean that most attacks can be used from the spin, and that you can keep him essentially in two movement variations- spinning or not spinning.
Each has perks. The spin, of course, would allow a float/hover down, but would be harder to control, and leave more lag in attacks. Not to mention, it would be a constant need to press it.
I think that would work better as his Down B. Neutral B I see being his Fruit Bazooka.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Can't remember if I brought it up before on this thread or another, But I really do expect 1 more "Western" video game character to join Season 2, I could of sworn that I read somewhere that Sakurai said that he would be open to including more western characters after the inclusion of Banjo-Kazooie.

And my gut is telling me that we should be expecting this E3/Direct or (Whatever the hell you want to call the event that's happening this summer) of course that is if the virus didn't delay that is.

But these are the 3 frontrunners for western representation that I think are the most likeliest.

- Crash Bandicoot
- Rayman
- Master Chief

Crash Bandicoot and Master Chief are definitely "E3 reveal or finale" characters with the "Star power to bring the hype", That's not to say Rayman can't bring any hype either, While he is a significant platforming character, Ubisoft's company mascot and would be cool with him in Smash, His "Star Power" isn't on the same level of Crash or Chief, But the one advantage that he does have is that Nintendo and Ubisoft have been very cooperative with Nintendo IP's and already has content in Smash.

Master Chief seems less likelier than Crash or Rayman and more of "Wild card pick" in that while Microsoft is already on board, We don't know if they would do the "Impossible", Banjo is one thing, But to put the face of the Xbox brand in Smash would be uncharted territory and might be going too far for them.

Bottom line: I feel like Crash's biggest competition is Rayman as the other "Western Platforming Rep" and I really only expect one of them to make it in if it's anything based off anything from season 1, I can see it going either way, But I believe Rayman might have the edge.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I really hope Crash happens but deep down, I've got a sinking feeling that Nintendo is going to ignore him for whatever reason. Sounds weird, but it's the reason I can't bet all my chips on him making it into the game.

Sure, he's definitely deserving of getting an invite but that's what everyone said about a Resident Evil character, and look what happened there.

Not to mention that, as Enigma mentioned, Crash's support isn't all that great compared to other characters. Since he is a Western character who has strong ties to Playstation, he wasn't thought of being a viable option until now. Even now I see his support dying down due to lack of evidence and people thinking Rayman is more likely to be chosen as the "Platform Mascot" character for this pass because of recent leaks, and given how chummy Nintendo and Ubisoft are with each other, I can't blame them.

I'll still remain hopeful for Crash's chances for now, as I don't want negativity to get the better of me, but I'm can't bring myself to see him as an inevitability. Stuff like this has happened to too many fanbases within the Smash community and it could easily happen to us.
Honestly- him not being seen as a viable option would, statistically, bode well for him, considering none of the characters that got into pass one were a 'viable option.'
:ultpiranha:- I never saw this considered by a single person. The most legitimate WTF character, moreso than Wii Fit Trainer.
:ultjoker:- Not on Nintendo. Not viable.
:ulthero:- Perhaps the most requested of the bunch, but ignored in English speaking countries.
:ultbanjokazooie:- Microsoft would never get in. And if they did they'd put someone else first.
:ult_terry:- Not on the radar.
:ultbyleth:- We wouldn't have another FE character.

Can't remember if I brought it up before on this thread or another, But I really do expect 1 more "Western" video game character to join Season 2, I could of sworn that I read somewhere that Sakurai said that he would be open to including more western characters after the inclusion of Banjo-Kazooie.

And my gut is telling me that we should be expecting this E3/Direct or (Whatever the hell you want to call the event that's happening this summer) of course that is if the virus didn't delay that is.

But these are the 3 frontrunners for western representation that I think are the most likeliest.

- Crash Bandicoot
- Rayman
- Master Chief
I would not rule out a number of other characters.

Steve (Mii+ costume perfection, IMO); Scorpion (It's a fighting game, and Mortal Kombat as a media series is only surpassed in sales by Street Fighter);
well, I could go on, but I think these are the primary holders that come to mind right off the top. Oh- and Spyro. It depends how much his legacy is actually considered to have lived on in Skylanders.

I think that would work better as his Down B. Neutral B I see being his Fruit Bazooka.
I legitimately cannot imagine a world where this is possible. HIs most iconic move- if a special- would be his default move. Wompa Fruit bazooka... may not even get into the game.

Top Bottom