• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
They would never do this but I'd love to see a trailer with Sonic and Mario's fight interrupted by Crash with a loudspeaker saying "Hey plumber boy, your worst nightmare has arrived" ala the Crash ads from the mid 90s.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Down+A: Crash attacks using his famous Slide move (7%, small knockback)
Gotta be honest, I don't see why people make his slide specifically his down tilt instead of his dash attack. Yes, other characters like Simon have slides as a down tilt, but in the case of Crash it's literally the complete opposite of how it's used in Crash's games. Crash has to be in motion to perform a slide otherwise he can't do it (with maybe the one exception of the Super Slide in N-Tranced on the GBA, maybe?), ergo perfect for a dash attack instead; are you even able to do a down tilt whilst in motion in Smash Bros at least naturally?
I feel like if Crash Bandicoot is gonna have a debut trailer for Super Smash Bros it's gotta be headlined by Mario to highlight how big of a deal and addition he is to gaming's biggest crossover's roster. Not to mention his rivalry to Mario is only 2nd to Sonic the Hedgehog.

While Sonic will always be considered Mario's "Main Rival", Crash Bandicoot was Sony's attempt (Even if they can't mention Sony/Playstation) to rival the iconic Italian plumber and I hope they show that in the trailer, Somewhat similar style to Sonic joining Brawl, But with a more comical, wacky and friendlier vibe seeing how Crash is more on the "Wacky/Comical" side, While Sonic is more "Cool/Edgy" and in the trailer I can see Mario offering a somewhat friendly welcome seeing as this will be the 1st time ever that both of these star characters/franchises will finally crossover, But also shifting to a more competitive and rivalry-like take in the trailer to not forget that this is "Smash" after all.
Fun fact: in Skylanders, you could actually put together the separate Donkey Kong/Bowser (with Diddy also appearing apparently) and Crash/Cortex Skylanders at the same time; we were just that close to being able to put Crash together with his old rival!
I always imagined that Crash’s trailer would begin with Mario and Sonic fighting when they are suddenly interrupted by the Bandicoot. They then proceed to have a three way clash at the end, something similar to K Rool’s trailer.
They could drudge up the K. Rool/Banjo thing one more time (though start it differently) to make it look like Crash's silhouette only for it to be Sonic! And then Aku Aku speaks for Crash with the trash talk from the old ads...
"Hey plumber boy, hedgehog man, your worst nightmare has arrived!"

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Gotta be honest, I don't see why people make his slide specifically his down tilt instead of his dash attack. Yes, other characters like Simon have slides as a down tilt, but in the case of Crash it's literally the complete opposite of how it's used in Crash's games. Crash has to be in motion to perform a slide otherwise he can't do it (with maybe the one exception of the Super Slide in N-Tranced on the GBA, maybe?), ergo perfect for a dash attack instead; are you even able to do a down tilt whilst in motion in Smash Bros at least naturally?

Fun fact: in Skylanders, you could actually put together the separate Donkey Kong/Bowser (with Diddy also appearing apparently) and Crash/Cortex Skylanders at the same time; we were just that close to being able to put Crash together with his old rival!

They could drudge up the K. Rool/Banjo thing one more time (though start it differently) to make it look like Crash's silhouette only for it to be Sonic! And then Aku Aku speaks for Crash with the trash talk from the old ads...
"Hey plumber boy, hedgehog man, your worst nightmare has arrived!"
i feel revisiting the k.rool trailer would get tiring, not to be rude but i'm being a little honest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the last time, the K. Rool trailer thing only makes sense with Rareware characters. Otherwise it's just jarring, weird, and shows lack of creativity on the fandom's side.

No, we wouldn't get a trash talk trailer either.

Maybe we could get something like the N. Sane Trilogy intro, but with Polygon!Crash turning into his Smash design instead? Just remember that Japan tends to make Crash more appealing and goofier, the trash talk is only on the Western marketing department.

On a different note, I finally got the Platinum paint job and Oxide decal. :bobomb:

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
For the last time, the K. Rool trailer thing only makes sense with Rareware characters. Otherwise it's just jarring, weird, and shows lack of creativity on the fandom's side.

No, we wouldn't get a trash talk trailer either.

Maybe we could get something like the N. Sane Trilogy intro, but with Polygon!Crash turning into his Smash design instead? Just remember that Japan tends to make Crash more appealing and goofier, the trash talk is only on the Western marketing department.

On a different note, I finally got the Platinum paint job and Oxide decal. :bobomb:
Well to that extent, was Mario vs Sonic vs Crash as much a thing in Japan?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
100% Agreed with this part. I believe there's no doubt it should be his dash attack, nothing else really makes sense for it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
...Okay, so nothing radical happened today, except an ad for the forthcoming dropping content for all the GPs. Even though the final GP lasted longer than usual, the 4-day buffer period for the Pit Stop reset is still in effect.

I guess we'll see about the next update by Thursday.

Also, the icon for the Gasmoxia GP decal has still yet to show up.

Edit: Never mind, it just showed up for me, finally.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda funny, as a kid I liked Spyro & his trilogy of games better than Crash's, but as I grew older I tend to like Crash & his games better.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Can't say I know if it was the case. There are definitely folks like cello_us that want them to interact with each other in a friendly sense tho.

Japan was moreso about "Buy the Sega Saturn, or Segata Sanshiro kills you like a toku villain".
Seeeing a Japanese artist daw Earthworm Jim is like stepping into an alternate dimension. I know the SNES version apparently was released there but outside of that......

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Can't say I know if it was the case. There are definitely folks like cello_us that want them to interact with each other in a friendly sense tho.

Japan was moreso about "Buy the Sega Saturn, or Segata Sanshiro kills you like a toku villain".
On second look. I noticed how the artist gave Crash his actual green eyes as opposed to the black beady eyes that japanese artists insist to give him. Plus he also gave him is signature Grin.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Post Grand Prix content revealed:

• Lab Scientist, Baby Cortex, and Baby Tropy are characters
  • New skins including the long-awaited legendary skin for Geary
  • New carts
  • Rilla Roo's face has been fixed so it isn't as hideous looking

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, the first fighter for Fighters Pass 2 is an unrevealed ARMS rep. Looks like Crash wasn't Fighter 6 like that one Twitter guy, MandyCan said, not that the person was credible, anyway.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The babies are official! Geary got a skin! There's an easily accessible airplane kart!

...And it all happens on the day my PS Plus account expires, go figure.

So, the first fighter for Fighters Pass 2 is an unrevealed ARMS rep. Looks like Crash wasn't Fighter 6 like that one Twitter guy, MandyCan said, not that the person was credible, anyway.
At least Jeff Grubb was entirely correct about the Direct happening today. Shame we didn't get a host, but it was for understandable reasons.

It still looks like the possibility of Crash showing up at Summer (AKA former E3) is still pretty real.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Post Grand Prix content revealed:

• Lab Scientist, Baby Cortex, and Baby Tropy are characters
  • New skins including the long-awaited legendary skin for Geary
  • New carts
  • Rilla Roo's face has been fixed so it isn't as hideous looking
Wow, they actually added the scientist. That's amazing. Also even fixed Rilla Roo lmao, that's great

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And we got a bonus character that's even wilder than King Chicken.

The checkpoint crate.

e8a.gif

I don't think anyone expected that...

Edit: As a cap-off to this wonderful day, here's an interview with Andy Gavin:

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I have two questions to ask:

One: where are those Beenox crates hidden at? I need that character...

Two: how long does it take to datamine these updates? To see what could be next, of course.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
That leak was already debunked a month and a half ago

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Seeing as we may not get the next content update until early May, this seems like a good time to focus on other games alongside it, like N. Sane Trilogy.

Beenox times are nigh-impossible for me though, so I can't guarantee doing those.

Edit: The Beenox team is alright.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Add me to the supporter list, i should have mentioned this before.

But i guess there's no better time to say this than now because.............you know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Look, all I'm saying is that we did Ridleyboards in 2018 and we all remember that year's E3. ;)

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
We're a twisty zany loony bandicoot now, we can't be told what to do! Dab party!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I guess I'm too lame to have my actual Crash picture load, so I don't know which one it is.

On a side note, cov has become such a concern that even the in-game CTR feed reports on it now.
CrashBoards can have more than one meaning - I'm pretty sure your current avatar is intentional.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Ayyyyyyy

I hope we see Crash join Smash so he'll appear in the banner even outside of this day.

Top Bottom