• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know all of you think of characters like Crash, Rayman or Master Chief as characters that fit the bill as E3 announcements. But am I seriously the only one who still thinks about this?
View attachment 305716
To be honest, I'd rather NOT think about that. Not because I'm against Fortnite or anything (never played it), but... remember all the people who hated Steve? Think that, and multiply it by... about a million or so.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I forgot about Rayman and Sora! Yea, those are good points against their inclusion. What do you think about a Capcom rep?
I think a Capcom rep is possible, but I don't think it would happen at E3 personally, unless it was Dante as you mentioned. Something going against a Capcom rep imo is that almost all of the Capcom outfits have returned except for the Monster Hunter ones and you'd think they would have saved those outfits for a Capcom rep, although I don't think it is anything major. We also had no Capcom rep listed in that huge Capcom leak a while back, although we did end up getting Ryu and Chun-Li in Fortnite so I'm not sure how trustworthy that is.
However, if Concert Leak is to be believed, it suggests that Crash is next and that Monster Hunter, a Capcom rep, will finish off the Pass, and that sounds most reasonable to me.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I think a Capcom rep is possible, but I don't think it would happen at E3 personally, unless it was Dante as you mentioned. Something going against a Capcom rep imo is that almost all of the Capcom outfits have returned except for the Monster Hunter ones and you'd think they would have saved those outfits for a Capcom rep, although I don't think it is anything major. We also had no Capcom rep listed in that huge Capcom leak a while back, although we did end up getting Ryu and Chun-Li in Fortnite so I'm not sure how trustworthy that is.
However, if Concert Leak is to be believed, it suggests that Crash is next and that Monster Hunter, a Capcom rep, will finish off the Pass, and that sounds most reasonable to me.
Personally, I doubt that MH is happening. If they wanted a MH rep that badly, they wouldn't have waited til the end of the second fighter pass to do it. That, and Imran Khan's comments about the MH deal falling through seem pretty accurate given Byleth's moveset.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I'd rather NOT think about that. Not because I'm against Fortnite or anything (never played it), but... remember all the people who hated Steve? Think that, and multiply it by... about a million or so.
You know, the less you think about it, the higher are the chances of it happening.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Maybe it's because I wasn't a Geno supporter, but I honestly failed to see any hints as to why Geno would get in. The only thing that I saw in the character's favor were things like the Inklings, Chrom and King K. Rool transitioning from being Mii costumes in Smash 4 to actual playable characters in Ultimate and Sakurai saying that "It's more important that a character is fun to play as than being recognizable" when talking about Terry. While the "hints" I see for Crash have some more substance, I agree that we shouldn't look too much into them.
Exactly

I just want to know if our boy made it so we can stop the torture

Yea, I'm trying to depend on Crash's merits rather than leaks right now. All of it is far too wishy-washy...

I've seen this too, especially on Facebook. The hate really bugs me. Eh... let them complain. There's nothing wrong with a passionate fanbase provided they aren't harassing anyone...
Tell that to the Waluigi fans who harassed Sakurai. That bugged me to where people need to calm down.

Does anyone else feel that they'd be pretty much satisfied with Smash characters after Crash gets in? I mean, I'll probably always prefer to see more characters I like, but Crash is the last one I feel NEEDS to be in. He makes things feel pretty much complete to me, and since we probably will never see this many characters together again I feel like this is gonna be the best we're going to get.
I'll be 100% satisfied if Crash makes it in. Crash not making it would be 99% satisfied since we have a very deep roster of iconic, recents, and diverse characters from all over gaming

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
To be honest, with how these DLC picks have been, we won't actually know until we see it, I bet. Plus, they DID consider Palutena E3-worthy.

Granted, they were introducing Smash 4's customisation features that year, but still...
Well to be fair, we also got Pac-man albeit behind closed doors for some reason. Regardless, every single time Smash has been featured at E3 we've gotten at least one huge character and/or a character that was highly requested. I don't see that trend being broken any time soon.

I know all of you think of characters like Crash, Rayman or Master Chief as characters that fit the bill as E3 announcements. But am I seriously the only one who still thinks about this?
View attachment 305716
I've thought about it a lot, and I honestly just can't see it. Fortnite isn't even 4 years old yet, and who knows where it will be in another 4 years.

Smash tends to heavily gravitate towards 3rd party franchises that are well established/classic. Literally the only two exceptions to this are Bayonetta and Minecraft, and even their franchises have been chugging along for over a decade now. You can make further exceptions for them too since Bayonetta is basically an honorary Nintendo series, and Minecraft is the highest selling video game of all time.

In short, I really don't think Nintendo (or Sakurai for that matter) will see Fortnite as something that has "earned" it yet. You won't hear me say it's impossible though...

Yea, I've actually thought about all of this, and it certainly makes a Capcom rep seem uncertain, but it's hard for me to see anything else that can compete with Crash Bandicoot for an E3 reveal (if he's in the game that is).

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this means anything but here’s something I found interesting. The Crash on the Run Twitter account posted a video showing tweets of people being excited for the game. One of the tweets mentions the 5 year plan rumor, and they put that in the video. Really makes you think huh?
View attachment 305721
The fact that they included a post talking about the 5 year plan makes me question the validity of the rumor.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
We also had no Capcom rep listed in that huge Capcom leak a while back, although we did end up getting Ryu and Chun-Li in Fortnite so I'm not sure how trustworthy that is.
I'm pretty sure what leaked was only about 5% of Capcom's plans. There's still a lot of stuff in Capcom's future that we have no idea about, case-in-point: Ryu and Chun-Li in Fortnite.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So, something exciting happened. (Credits to Mr. Peepee Mr. Peepee for finding out about this).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, something exciting happened. (Credits to Mr. Peepee Mr. Peepee for finding out about this).

That is rather intriguing. The fact that they specifically tweeted about something about the 5-Year Plan has me intrigued. Whatever this crossover with Smash is, in between being a Crash Bandicoot Brawler costume coming with Pyra & Mythra or maybe Challenger Pack 10 at the digital E3 this year...looks like we'll finally get it.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if anyone caught this in Sakurai's last tweet, but Mythra appears to be wearing a familiar set of ears. Could this be some kind of nod towards our inevitable Crash reveal? 🤔

I thought we all agreed that POTDs didn't hint at characters...

Besides, Mythra is wearing rabbit ears.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
More relevantly, guess who's coming back?

View attachment 305716
If the Travis Mii costume reveal taught me anything, "no comment" most likely leads to a Mii costume, since Suda 51 also said something to that effect.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Yea, I'm really not sure what to make of that On The Run tweet. Seems like there could be a lot of possible explanations for it.

On another note, some people seem to think Crash could be revealed as a Mii tomorrow? I REALLY don't think so. Lol
My Mii costume predictions for tomorrow are Lloyd Irving, KOS-MOS and Shantae.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Yea, I'm really not sure what to make of that On The Run tweet. Seems like there could be a lot of possible explanations for it.

On another note, some people seem to think Crash could be revealed as a Mii tomorrow? I REALLY don't think so. Lol
To me, I feel like Crash is a rare example of a character who I think is either in as a playable character, or not in at all. Crash is such a huge icon that I highly doubt all he will get is a mere Mii Outfit or a Spirit Event. If Crash is to be represented in anyway, it HAS to be as a playable character. I think we have nothing to worry about when it comes to these Mii waves.

In terms of my predictions for tomorrow's Mii Wave, I think Lloyd is guaranteed to return considering he is a dual wielding swordsman, and releasing him with two literal swords makes a whole lotta sense. Namco also has strong ties to the Xeno series. If Lloyd isn't revealed as a Mii tomorrow, then that is gonna look highly sus imo.
I also think Elma and KOS-MOS make a lot of sense considering Elma comes from Xenoblade and KOS-MOS is important to the lore of the Xeno series. I also think if Ryu Hayabusa isn't gonna be playable, I think its very possible he could be our big deconfirmation for tomorrow, kinda like how Travis was our big deconfirmation for Min Min's wave, and how Geno was our big deconfirmation for Sephiroth's wave.
A sleeper pick choice for a possible Mii Outfit tomorrow is Fi from Skyward Sword. Just like Pyra & Mythra, Fi is also a living embodiment of a sword, and it would be perfect timing considering we just got the announcement of Skyward Sword HD.
Lastly, I predict the Knight from Hollow Knight will be our deluxe Mii Outfit for tomorrow. I'm kinda shocked how far we've gone without a deluxe outfit for the swordsman, and I can't think of a more perfect deluxe outfit for the swordsman other than the Knight. I'll be shocked if that doesn't get revealed tomorrow because it just makes so much sense.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
To me, I feel like Crash is a rare example of a character who I think is either in as a playable character, or not in at all. Crash is such a huge icon that I highly doubt all he will get is a mere Mii Outfit or a Spirit Event. If Crash is to be represented in anyway, it HAS to be as a playable character. I think we have nothing to worry about when it comes to these Mii waves.

In terms of my predictions for tomorrow's Mii Wave, I think Lloyd is guaranteed to return considering he is a dual wielding swordsman, and releasing him with two literal swords makes a whole lotta sense. Namco also has strong ties to the Xeno series. If Lloyd isn't revealed as a Mii tomorrow, then that is gonna look highly sus imo.
I also think Elma and KOS-MOS make a lot of sense considering Elma comes from Xenoblade and KOS-MOS is important to the lore of the Xeno series. I also think if Ryu Hayabusa isn't gonna be playable, I think its very possible he could be our big deconfirmation for tomorrow, kinda like how Travis was our big deconfirmation for Min Min's wave, and how Geno was our big deconfirmation for Sephiroth's wave.
A sleeper pick choice for a possible Mii Outfit tomorrow is Fi from Skyward Sword. Just like Pyra & Mythra, Fi is also a living embodiment of a sword, and it would be perfect timing considering we just got the announcement of Skyward Sword HD.
Lastly, I predict the Knight from Hollow Knight will be our deluxe Mii Outfit for tomorrow. I'm kinda shocked how far we've gone without a deluxe outfit for the swordsman, and I can't think of a more perfect deluxe outfit for the swordsman other than the Knight. I'll be shocked if that doesn't get revealed tomorrow because it just makes so much sense.
I'm not gonna lie, a Crash Mii costume designed like the Crash guy from the late 90s Crash commercials would be kinda funny and awesome.
Though obviously, I would prefer Crash as fully playable myself.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I seriously doubt a Crash Mii will be with Pyra/Mythra. He seems like way too big of a western character to be given the Mii costume treatment. Someone like an Indie Character will probably be the deluxe Mii tomorrow. Speaking of Mii’s, I expect Lloyd, KOS-MOS, and the big Mii here to be either Shovel Knight, or Freddy.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
Part of me feels like that if they didn't want to feature the mention of the '5 year plan' onto the video, they most def could've picked another tweet that didn't have the mention that also predicted the March release date

So the fact they STILL included the mention in the video was rather interesting. But we'll see if it leads to anything

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Y’all talking about Crash getting a Mii suit makes me nervous. That’s no way of putting our boy in the game.

but the 90’s reference though

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I really don't see Crash getting Mii'd as possible. It just wouldn't make sense to license such a highly demanded character for only that. It makes sense for more niche characters as a sort of consolation prize since there are only so many slots, but Crash? If you can get the license, you'd make him an actual fighter. He's more likely to not get in at all than get in as just a costume.

Of course, they could always prove me wrong, but it would be a very weird decision.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I really don't see Crash getting Mii'd as possible. It just wouldn't make sense to license such a highly demanded character for only that. It makes sense for more niche characters as a sort of consolation prize since there are only so many slots, but Crash? If you can get the license, you'd make him an actual fighter. He's more likely to not get in at all than get in as just a costume.

Of course, I could always prove me wrong, but it would be a very weird decision.
If the very unlikely scenario where Crash does get Mii'd actually happens, then it's going to be 10 times worse than when Byleth was announced. The outrage and backlash would be monumental. I really don't want to imagine that.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Either they are being cheeky about on the tweet or the intern sucks at cropping tweets. Even i can do that.

Btw, this 5 year plan thing reminds me a lot of the DMCV leak which had almos 85% of it be legit and at the end it claims that Dante was coming to smash.....

I don't see no Dante round here so we could have a repeat of that. Hopefully i'm wrong.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 305716
This doesn't really mean much for a Fortnite rep's chances. A lot of characters never get announced at some special event for their game and developers most of the time don't really confirm or not when someone asks if their character is going to be in Smash.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
We survived another Mii wave! Something interesting is that Sakurai said that he usually purchases figures to model characters for. You know who has figures and tons of merchandise? That’s right. Rilla Roo
I felt jealous seeing Lucina(and Corrin) there and not Robin(The Poor Guy didn't get a figure) also if that was the case What about Byleth!?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Man most of my second choices were from Capcom. Going all in on Crash then

Top Bottom