• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Concert leak is dead in the water and Monster Hunter along with Capcom reps are deconfirmed.

Where does Crash stand now?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Concert leak is dead in the water and Monster Hunter along with Capcom reps are deconfirmed.

Where does Crash stand now?
About where he always did, I figure. Even without the alleged concert leak (I think we need another term for supposed "leaks" that turn out to be fake), his inclusion would make a lot of sense, and Activision has been pushing him pretty heavily for the past few years.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Damn I can't believe none of my Mii costume predictions were right lol 😖
Great presentation though. Can't wait to play Pyra and Mythra later today! 😍

Rest in piece, Concert Leak...

But on the bright side, Pyra releasing today means that we may yet have a chance at Fighter 10 being as early as May. I remember somebody here was excited about that.
That was me!! 🤙

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Capcom rep is def not dead, they only got two franchises Mii'd out of a ton of possibilities. And Crash is fine, that leak was hardly make or break.
Sakurai did specify that they were put in specifically for upcoming releases. While this development does deliver a blow to Capcom reps' chances, they're not completely out.

MH is dead, the concert leak is dead, but Crash is still in the running.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Didn't watch the presentation because I wasn't interested in the characters, But to no surprise Crash Bandicoot dodged another bullet and is safe for now.

At least that's one less major franchise to worry about considering how much it had going for it right now.

But the way I see it, The less competition the better.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What if the next character will be revealed before E3, like say, in a hypothetical April Direct?
I don't know how likely that is; there's been a pretty consistent roughly three month gap between reveals (aside from cases like Hero and Banjo, where two characters were revealed on the same day) for a while now.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Wow... what a presentation. It told us so much, and Pyra/Mythra look exciting to me too!

Concert leak is dead, MH is dead, a Capcom rep in general MIGHT be dead, and MAYBE Lloyd is coming since that seemed like the best time to reveal him (although I really don't think he would be next).

Let's also not forget that Sakurai basically confirmed there won't be a FP3. It's all coming to a close here soon folks...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't know how likely that is; there's been a pretty consistent roughly three month gap between reveals (aside from cases like Hero and Banjo, where two characters were revealed on the same day) for a while now.
There was two months between Steve and Sephiroth in terms of their reveals.

SuperJumpmon64

Smash Cadet
Pyra/Mythra looks pretty cool! Might make them one of my mains once they release.

Its good to see that Crash dodged the Mii bullet, but R.I.P Monster Hunter and the concert leak, and potentially any Capcom rep.

Now, regarding the Lloyd costume, I'm not really sure if Lloyd himself will be our Tales of rep. It could probably be another character, like Yuri Lowell.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
We survived another Mii wave! Something interesting is that Sakurai said that he usually purchases figures to model characters for. You know who has figures and tons of merchandise? That’s right. Rilla Roo
200 (3).gif

Damn I can't believe none of my Mii costume predictions were right lol 😖
Great presentation though. Can't wait to play Pyra and Mythra later today! 😍

That was me!! 🤙
Wow really?! My name is Adam Little!
Didn't watch the presentation because I wasn't interested in the characters, But to no surprise Crash Bandicoot dodged another bullet and is safe for now.

At least that's one less major franchise to worry about considering how much it had going for it right now.

But the way I see it, The less competition the better.
True, it's hard for me to imagine who could possibly take Crash's place at an E3 reveal now. Maybe Dante, but even that is seemingly doubtful.
WOOOOOOSH
LOL! To be fair I wouldn't put it past someone to think that was a hint at something.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So what makes you think it could be in May, anyway?
Well, I don't necessarily "think" it, it really depends on how complex Fighter 10 is. However, a LOT of people have noted the relatively short gaps between Steve and Sephiroth, and Sephiroth and Pyra. It could, potentially, imply that the Smash team has gotten a good workflow down at this point, meaning FP2 could get wrapped up sooner than we think.

Granted, this is a lot of assuming things, but you get where I'm going with this, right?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I don't necessarily "think" it, it really depends on how complex Fighter 10 is. However, a LOT of people have noted the relatively short gaps between Steve and Sephiroth, and Sephiroth and Pyra. It could, potentially, imply that the Smash team has gotten a good workflow down at this point, meaning FP2 could get wrapped up sooner than we think.

Granted, this is a lot of assuming things, but you get where I'm going with this, right?
Oh yeah, I do. On that note, I do hope that it is the case that the gap between Pyra/Mythra and the next fighter is as short as the one between Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra. That would actually be nice to see.

Though I was kinda asking indirectly, if there is a reveal in May, do you think a Direct will come with it? I kinda should have made that question more clear.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Oh s*** I'm stupid! I meant that I was the guy in this thread talking about a possible May reveal, which the comment who posted the tweet mentioned at the bottom. My fault, I'm not Riley Little XP Sorry for the confusion.
Oh I got you! You're fine. I just misunderstood. No worries. :)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I do. On that note, I do hope that it is the case that the gap between Pyra/Mythra and the next fighter is as short as the one between Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra. That would actually be nice to see.

Though I was kinda asking indirectly, if there is a reveal in May, do you think a Direct will come with it? I kinda should have made that question more clear.
Um... I don't know, actually. Are May Directs a thing Nintendo does? It WOULD be a good idea, assuming E3 doesn't work out and they need some way to show off their second half of 2021...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Um... I don't know, actually. Are May Directs a thing Nintendo does? It WOULD be a good idea, assuming E3 doesn't work out and they need some way to show off their second half of 2021...
Just looked it up, there actually HAVE been May Directs before. Mainly during the Wii U/3DS era.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Keep in mind that Sakurai does use action figures and figurines for some characters in Smash, which likely includes the final 2 fighters of the pass. Crash does have action figures, both old and new, so keep your eyes peeled

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
So Concert leak is dead as was very possible.... and pretty much nothing changes for Crash. Of the highly rumored names, I'd say he only has to worry about Rayman and Tracer for the E3like Reveal.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
So Concert leak is dead as was very possible.... and pretty much nothing changes for Crash. Of the highly rumored names, I'd say he only has to worry about Rayman and Tracer for the E3like Reveal.
Rayman is a cool character, but just doesn't seem big enough for E3 IMHO. Plus, we do already have a lot of Ubisoft content in Smash. I could be wrong on both counts meaning anything of course.

As for Tracer, eh, I love Overwatch, but the franchise just feels far too new to me.

Basically I'm saying Crash is the most likely. Lol I hope...

Top Bottom