• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So Concert leak is dead as was very possible.... and pretty much nothing changes for Crash. Of the highly rumored names, I'd say he only has to worry about Rayman and Tracer for the E3like Reveal.
I swear, if we get ANYTHING Overwatch-related in Smash, I'm gonna-

remembers this is a family-friendly SmashBoards thread

...be very disappointed...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So you couldn't even handle a Mii costume? Damn bro, you're dedicated. Lol
To put it bluntly, Overwatch is one of the few things I DON'T want in Smash. Usually, I'm at least indifferent (particularly when it comes to characters I have no attachment to), but... well, let's just say this is a bit personal...

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
It's getting really tough to temper expectations just because of a bunch of different things:

• The 25th anniversary and "more exciting announcements" coming this year
  • The next reveal probably being an E3 reveal, which is historically fighters more favored by western audiences or that have universal appeal
  • The fact that we haven't gotten any non-human or platformer characters in this pass
  • My personal hope that they're smart enough to not put three JRPG swordfighters in a row and at least have something to split them up

But man, we'll see in a bit I guess.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What if the next character will be revealed before E3, like say, in a hypothetical April Direct?
I doubt it. I think Nintendo will announce the final 2 characters in the same presentation in June or the Summer whether E3 happens or not. Ultimate's roster should be wrapped up by the Summer.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
[*]My personal hope that they're smart enough to not put three JRPG swordfighters in a row and at least have something to split them up
[/LIST]

Another reason to want characters like Rayman or Crash is because the DLC lineup needs some variety in terms of gaming genre. The majority of characters in Fighters Pass 1 were from RPG's with the only exception being Banjo and Terry. So far in Fighters Pass 2, we have a fighting game character, a crafting game character and two RPG characters. Let's see if this gets balanced.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
It's getting really tough to temper expectations just because of a bunch of different things:

• The 25th anniversary and "more exciting announcements" coming this year
  • The next reveal probably being an E3 reveal, which is historically fighters more favored by western audiences or that have universal appeal
  • The fact that we haven't gotten any non-human or platformer characters in this pass
  • My personal hope that they're smart enough to not put three JRPG swordfighters in a row and at least have something to split them up

Omg STAHP! You're getting me way too excited... xD

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think Ryu might be dead, so at this point I really just want to see Crash and Master Chief blow our ****ing minds. It's probably impossible, but that may just be how they get us...

View attachment 305933
Getting Crash Bandicoot and Master Chief would really make Super Smash Bros Ultimate truly feel "Complete".

It's one thing to get a major 3rd party character, But to get the face of a console brand is next level stuff as these 4 have/had the status to have that special title.

• Nintendo
  • Sega
  • Sony Playstation
  • Microsoft Xbox

It doesn't get bigger than that in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
With Snake, Cloud and Sephiroth in Smash, Crash's inclusion would make him the fourth Playstation related third-party to end up in Smash instead of Playstation All-Stars, right?

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
A final digital reveal around E3 with Ryu Hayabusa and Crash Bandicoot would be my personal dream to end the Smash Ultimate DLC. One is a NES & sixth generation video game console icon that would add some great variation and hit a different few age groups. And the other was one of the original Playstation mascots back in the day, is practically universally liked and an animal platformer that this pass needs bad.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
A final digital reveal around E3 with Ryu Hayabusa and Crash Bandicoot would be my personal dream to end the Smash Ultimate DLC. One is a NES & sixth generation video game console icon that would add some great variation and hit a different few age groups. And the other was one of the original Playstation mascots back in the day, is practically universally liked and an animal platformer that this pass needs bad.
NGL, I'm getting some heavy Hero and Banjo double reveal feel from this. Wouldn't be surprised if what you said actually happens.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since I suspect the next fighter won't be until June/E3 and the Lloyd Mii returns as the final returning Sm4sh Mii. I'm further now doubting on Crash.

Yes some the returning Sm4sh Miis returned with fighters with no relation but the majority of them did.

Joker = Tails and Knuckles given Altus is owned by Sega
Terry Bogard = Akira being both he and Terry are from fighting games
Min Min = Heihachi, same reason as Terry with Akira
Steve = Gil given the blue diamond swords
Sephiroth = Geno due to both being Square
Pyra & Mythra = Monster Hunter given dual blades which Pyra & Mythra basically are

Something to consider is all.

Edit: On rather second thought maybe we'll get a double reveal at E3 consisting of said sword fighter (Ryu Hayabusa, Yuri or any JRPG character in general being my bets) and Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Since I suspect the next fighter won't be until June/E3 and the Lloyd Mii returns as the final returning Sm4sh Mii. I'm further now doubting on Crash.

Yes some the returning Sm4sh Miis returned with fighters with no relation but the majority of them did.

Joker = Tails and Knuckles given Altus is owned by Sega
Terry Bogard = Akira being both he and Terry are from fighting games
Min Min = Heihachi, same reason as Terry with Akira
Steve = Gil given the blue diamond swords
Sephiroth = Geno due to both being Square
Pyra & Mythra = Monster Hunter given dual blades which Pyra & Mythra basically are

Something to consider is all.

Edit: On rather second thought maybe we'll get a double reveal at E3 consisting for said sword fighter and Crash Bandicoot.
If the Lloyd Mii costume has to return, I'd probably see it coming back along with Ryu Hayabusa.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Personally I'm really doubting a double E3 reveal since these are apparently the last two fighters. It would make a lot of sense to spread out the last two reveals to lengthen the publicity on Smash as long as possible. More publicity = more sales. This would help them maximize profits for the year.
If it wasn't for Pyra & Mythra coming out this month, I'd agree, otherwise I would go on to say the next fighter could have been revealed in April but and every year since Ultimate we've had a reveal in June/E3. I don't see CP10 being revealed in May than the other character in June one month apart. If so close a double feels more likely.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
If it wasn't for Pyra & Mythra coming out this month, I'd agree, otherwise I would go on to say the next fighter could have been revealed in April but and every year since Ultimate we've had a reveal in June/E3. I don't see CP10 being revealed in May than the other character in June one month apart. If so close a double feels more likely.
I'm saying I think we'll get a reveal in June, and then a reveal in September/October. That way Smash always stays in the consumer's thoughts.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm saying I think we'll get a reveal in June, and then a reveal in September/October. That way Smash always stays in the consumer's thoughts.
Or we get CP10 sometime in June and then the final character around September like with Banjo, still basically the same.

Reminder December 31st, 2021 is only a placeholder.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Or we get CP10 sometime in June and then the final character around September like with Banjo, still basically the same.

Reminder December 31st, 2021 is only a placeholder.
No, I get that. I'm saying I think it would be a good marketing ploy to do something like:

June: CP10 reveal
July: CP10 presentation/release
September: CP11 reveal
October: CP11 presentation/release

I could be wrong of course, and I honestly hope I am because I would freaking love a double reveal.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm really feeling a Crash reveal at E3. I've seen some skepticism around there being no more big third party characters and people thinking that Steve and Sephiroth will be it for the mind-blowing reveals. What people forget is that Nintendo plans these passes out in advanced, evidently so with Steve most likely supposed to be revealed at last E3 and Sephiroth being revealed at the Game Awards, and it just so happens that both of these characters have a wide multi-country appeal to them. I have no doubt we will see a western-centric character at E3. Of course it could be someone else like say, Hayabusa or Agumon, but at this point Crash has so much going for him it's crazy. Not to mention I have a good feeling we will see at least one brand new third party company get a fighter in this game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We survived another Mii wave! Something interesting is that Sakurai said that he usually purchases figures to model characters for. You know who has figures and tons of merchandise? That’s right. Rilla Roo
Bring the whole Crash Bash gang in Mii fighters

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I know figure theory is dumb, but...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
God, this would be sooooooo good. Crash is my most wanted third-party (followed closely by Rayman) and if we have to get one more first-party, Bandana Waddle Dee is the perfect choice. He has a lot potential for a fun moveset and we haven't got a new Kirby rep since Brawl. You cannot imagine how happy this would make me.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
God, this would be sooooooo good. Crash is my most wanted third-party (followed closely by Rayman) and if we have to get one more first-party, Bandana Waddle Dee is the perfect choice. He has a lot potential for a fun moveset and we haven't got a new Kirby rep since Brawl. You cannot imagine how happy this would make me.
Ehhhhhh, Bandana Dee's cute, but not my cup of tea for a Smash character. I'm still predicting Ryu Hayabusa and Crash Bandicoot for the final 2 characters 👍

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I think Ryu might be dead, so at this point I really just want to see Crash and Master Chief blow our ****ing minds. It's probably impossible, but that may just be how they get us...

View attachment 305933
Absolutely no.

I'm sorry, but this image ruined it for me. Cut MC out and you got an iconic 90's war that we've been waiting for. I feel Steve will end up being the major Microsoft rep even though Banjo is there too

So Concert leak is dead as was very possible.... and pretty much nothing changes for Crash. Of the highly rumored names, I'd say he only has to worry about Rayman and Tracer for the E3like Reveal.
Imagine if April/May we get Rayman and then E-3 we get Crash

That would be one hell of a way to end the DLC

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I mean I get it, Master Chief is the mascot of Halo. He does stand out from the others of course, being a realistic sci-fi FPS character instead of a cartoony platformer, but I can see why people want him.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, but this image ruined it for me. Cut MC out and you got an iconic 90's war that we've been waiting for. I feel Steve will end up being the major Microsoft rep even though Banjo is there too
I mean just because if Master Chief somehow were to make into Smash along side Crash doesn't mean you still can't have that dream fight, Why not both?

I mean I get it, Master Chief is the mascot of Halo. He does stand out from the others of course, being a realistic sci-fi FPS character instead of a cartoony platformer, but I can see why people want him.
I mean Master Chief isn't that much more realistic than Samus, Sure Halo is more graphically realistic because it's on more powerful hardware with Xbox, But they can make the armor similar to Samus's Varia suit and use the more alien/plasma like weapons instead too.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I mean Master Chief isn't that much more realistic than Samus, Sure Halo is more graphically realistic because it's on more powerful hardware with Xbox, But they can make the armor similar to Samus's Varia suit and use the more alien/plasma like weapons instead too.
Or they could throw us for a loop and give him an anime artstyle.

What? Microsoft's pretty desperate to become a thing in Japan. Where do you think those Sega buyout rumors came from?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Absolutely no.

Sorry you feel that way. I'm honestly fine with anyone as long as we get Crash. I just thought having all the mascots would be cool.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
I mean just because if Master Chief somehow were to make into Smash along side Crash doesn't mean you still can't have that dream fight, Why not both?

I meant specifically in comparison to the other three console mascots, for Smash in general he's not too out there

Top Bottom