• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Crash doesn't have much experience with anything like cosmic magic or super saiyan modes like Mario and Sonic do. Of course, that's only if you're taking all their strongest feats into account, if you go by their normal power level it's more fair. Sonic probably has the edge in that case because he's still extremely fast even at base level, and super speed is an OP power.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah, Crash doesn't have much experience with anything like cosmic magic or super saiyan modes like Mario and Sonic do. Of course, that's only if you're taking all their strongest feats into account, if you go by their normal power level it's more fair. Sonic probably has the edge in that case because he's still extremely fast even at base level, and super speed is an OP power.
True. It really does depend on how they do it. Heck, they could even throw in a fourth or even fifth fighter just to spice things up. Full on Battle Royale!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Mario vs. Sonic vs. Crash? This seems pretty interesting, so here are my two cents.
I'm gonna be completely unbias as ever. I think Sonic is the strongest of them all, and this isn't even a debate. This may not be completely accurate as I'm not the biggest Sonic fan, but from what I've heard, Sonic can run so fast that he can literally teleport and even speed through time. Also, apparently in the Sonic Boom show, Sonic is fast enough to even outrun a black hole. Even though I'm more of a Mario and Crash fan, I did say I would be unbias here and I do genuinely think Sonic is the strongest out of the three by a longshot.
As for Mario vs. Crash, this is hard to say. I think both characters have their strengths and weaknesses, but for as much as I love Crash, I do think Mario would beat him by just a bit. Mario has access to a lot of powerups like turning mega, tossing fire and iceballs, turning invincible and running in to anything in his path, and as shown in Bowser's Fury, turning in to a mega cat who is able to defeat a corrupted and dark version of Bowser. He has also been through much more dangerous situations than Crash has. Crash's only real source of power is by the use of masks. Sure, Crash can turn invincible like the super star, but aside from that, Aku Aku only gives Crash extra hit points and nothing else. And when Aku Aku is gone, Crash's only real source of attack at that point is spinning, sliding, and belly flopping, which I don't think would be enough to defeat Mario given all the power-ups at his disposal.
Of course, I'm only talking about Crash from the N. Sane Trilogy. If we're talking about Crash from Crash 4, then I think he could stand a chance against Mario considering they act like actual power-ups, but I haven't played Crash 4 to really have an answer to that.
So, in my unbiased opinion, I think in order would be Sonic > Mario > Crash. This was hard to really think about, but given all the facts I've stated, I think this order is most reasonable.

Last edited:

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
So I was in the shower earlier (early night shower and took a good amount of time to think of both ideas through) and a few ideas popped in my head of a potential trailer reveal idea for Crash, so I'm going to list them out here and see what y'all think. (I apologize for the long post, but wanted to share my ideas)

Trailer idea #1: The trailer starts off with a overview of Crash's island with the vines in a good view. We then see Crash sliding through with Aku Aku right behind him as they presumably are coming back from another adventure within the island and both make it back home right in front of their TV on their comfortable blue couch with Coco on the couch as well waiting for their return, both Crash & Coco give each other a high five before turning over to the TV to watch. Tawna then walks in and suggests to Crash & co that they should go take a trip over to the beach for some good ol sand castles and surfing (encourages Crash to surf as well)

We see Crash and Tawna surf the waves for a good minute, while Coco and Aku Aku are getting a nice tan with the bright sun out with the surf water washing up to them, with both faces in annoyance while both Crash and Tawna just simply laugh. It then transitions to Crash getting a tan himself with everyone else doing various beach activities, when suddenly Crash looks up and notices something coming down from the sky that's coming towards him with Coco telling Crash to quickly move out of the way, which he barely does. What came from the sky was the typical good ol '?' box that landed right in front of Crash, as him and the others looked at the box with confusion. Then the box started to unbox itself with a beacon of shining light beaming onto Crash & co, with Crash stepping up to see what it's inside and shows a very 'Ooo' expression on his face as he reaches forth to grab of what's in the box. Coco then asks Crash "What was inside big brother?" along with Tawna and Aku Aku looking on. Crash doesn't respond back nor turn around until 6-8 seconds where he goes into his usual spin and shows off his Smash invitation with the caption 'Crash goes for a spin!' as Coco, Tawna and Aku Aku become all excited and cheer on Crash with Coco saying "finally you can join Mario & Sonic in Smash Brothers" with Crash looking on to the sky with the determined look on his face.

Then the usual segment of the Smash reveal trailer happens where the new fighter ends up fighting various of characters and we see Crash performing his move-set as it's demonstrated (Jet-pack, bazooka, TNT/Nitro crate, etc) and then we see both Mario and Sonic running up to Crash to fight him, but not until he pulls out Aku Aku and wears it on his face while spinning up a Wumpa like crazy tornado that throws off both characters off stage, with the usual Smash Bros Ultimate logo at the end showing along with the 'Smash Bros X Crash Bandicoot' as well. The trailer then ends with Mario and Sonic getting their heads out of the sand with Crash offering both of them some drinks, with both agreeing, having a cheers and drinking the Wumpa drink along with the other Crash characters as the trailer ends with the camera panning towards the bright blue sky.

Trailer idea #2 (part of this idea I think someone else did but not sure): The trailer starts out with Mario & Sonic at a beach together drinking a nice cup of soda as both characters are on their beach lawn chairs as they look on enjoying themselves. As they both drink their cold refreshments, Sonic looks above and notices something about to fall onto them and shows Mario the incoming falling box, both characters then promptly move out of the way as fast as they could as the box makes its landing on the beach sand. Both characters look on in confusion as they wonder what the heck the box was, which is a '?' box. The '?' box then shakes a bit as Mario and Sonic are preparing to attack back in case something popped out of there, but when the box came apart, there was nothing in there other then the Smash invitation itself. Both Mario & Sonic look to each in confusion following the weird circumstances. But suddenly we hear a voice out of nowhere: "Hey plumber boy, blue hedgehog, your worst nightmare has arrived" as both Mario & Sonic turn around only to then be blown out of the way by a incoming orange spin which turns out to be Crash Bandicoot coming back around to pick up his Smash invitation with the caption "Crash Crashes the Party!"

The trailer then goes to the usual part of Crash fighting various of characters from Smash, using his move-set at hand (Crate throw, his slide move from his games, jet-pack, bazooka, TNT/Nitro crate, etc) as demonstration of his move-set. We then see the Mecha Bandicoot robot pop up with Crash jumping into the machine to create havoc with the robot, with a final blast that sends off the characters off the stage, then the usual Smash Bros Ultimate logo at the end showing along with the 'Smash Bros X Crash Bandicoot' is shown on screen. The trailer then officially ends with Crash helping up Mario & Sonic and then offers both of them Wumpa fruit, with both of them agreeing on eating the fruit. All three characters then take a bite, have a smile with each other and then turn to the screen with their iconic smiles and poses with the caption "The three former rivals are now great friends!" as the trailer then ends.

Hope you guys enjoy/like the few ideas I had for a potential Crash reveal trailer! It took some research into the recent Smash trailers, certain moveset research and thinking of what would work for Crash that stays true to what you expect to see from the orange marsupials hopeful reveal! #CrashForSmash

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
So I was in the shower earlier (early night shower and took a good amount of time to think of both ideas through) and a few ideas popped in my head of a potential trailer reveal idea for Crash, so I'm going to list them out here and see what y'all think. (I apologize for the long post, but wanted to share my ideas)

Trailer idea #1: The trailer starts off with a overview of Crash's island with the vines in a good view. We then see Crash sliding through with Aku Aku right behind him as they presumably are coming back from another adventure within the island and both make it back home right in front of their TV on their comfortable blue couch with Coco on the couch as well waiting for their return, both Crash & Coco give each other a high five before turning over to the TV to watch. Tawna then walks in and suggests to Crash & co that they should go take a trip over to the beach for some good ol sand castles and surfing (encourages Crash to surf as well)

We see Crash and Tawna surf the waves for a good minute, while Coco and Aku Aku are getting a nice tan with the bright sun out with the surf water washing up to them, with both faces in annoyance while both Crash and Tawna just simply laugh. It then transitions to Crash getting a tan himself with everyone else doing various beach activities, when suddenly Crash looks up and notices something coming down from the sky that's coming towards him with Coco telling Crash to quickly move out of the way, which he barely does. What came from the sky was the typical good ol '?' box that landed right in front of Crash, as him and the others looked at the box with confusion. Then the box started to unbox itself with a beacon of shining light beaming onto Crash & co, with Crash stepping up to see what it's inside and shows a very 'Ooo' expression on his face as he reaches forth to grab of what's in the box. Coco then asks Crash "What was inside big brother?" along with Tawna and Aku Aku looking on. Crash doesn't respond back nor turn around until 6-8 seconds where he goes into his usual spin and shows off his Smash invitation with the caption 'Crash goes for a spin!' as Coco, Tawna and Aku Aku become all excited and cheer on Crash with Coco saying "finally you can join Mario & Sonic in Smash Brothers" with Crash looking on to the sky with the determined look on his face.

Then the usual segment of the Smash reveal trailer happens where the new fighter ends up fighting various of characters and we see Crash performing his move-set as it's demonstrated (Jet-pack, bazooka, TNT/Nitro crate, etc) and then we see both Mario and Sonic running up to Crash to fight him, but not until he pulls out Aku Aku and wears it on his face while spinning up a Wumpa like crazy tornado that throws off both characters off stage, with the usual Smash Bros Ultimate logo at the end showing along with the 'Smash Bros X Crash Bandicoot' as well. The trailer then ends with Mario and Sonic getting their heads out of the sand with Crash offering both of them some drinks, with both agreeing, having a cheers and drinking the Wumpa drink along with the other Crash characters as the trailer ends with the camera panning towards the bright blue sky.

Trailer idea #2 (part of this idea I think someone else did but not sure): The trailer starts out with Mario & Sonic at a beach together drinking a nice cup of soda as both characters are on their beach lawn chairs as they look on enjoying themselves. As they both drink their cold refreshments, Sonic looks above and notices something about to fall onto them and shows Mario the incoming falling box, both characters then promptly move out of the way as fast as they could as the box makes its landing on the beach sand. Both characters look on in confusion as they wonder what the heck the box was, which is a '?' box. The '?' box then shakes a bit as Mario and Sonic are preparing to attack back in case something popped out of there, but when the box came apart, there was nothing in there other then the Smash invitation itself. Both Mario & Sonic look to each in confusion following the weird circumstances. But suddenly we hear a voice out of nowhere: "Hey plumber boy, blue hedgehog, your worst nightmare has arrived" as both Mario & Sonic turn around only to then be blown out of the way by a incoming orange spin which turns out to be Crash Bandicoot coming back around to pick up his Smash invitation with the caption "Crash Crashes the Party!"

The trailer then goes to the usual part of Crash fighting various of characters from Smash, using his move-set at hand (Crate throw, his slide move from his games, jet-pack, bazooka, TNT/Nitro crate, etc) as demonstration of his move-set. We then see the Mecha Bandicoot robot pop up with Crash jumping into the machine to create havoc with the robot, with a final blast that sends off the characters off the stage, then the usual Smash Bros Ultimate logo at the end showing along with the 'Smash Bros X Crash Bandicoot' is shown on screen. The trailer then officially ends with Crash helping up Mario & Sonic and then offers both of them Wumpa fruit, with both of them agreeing on eating the fruit. All three characters then take a bite, have a smile with each other and then turn to the screen with their iconic smiles and poses with the caption "The three former rivals are now great friends!" as the trailer then ends.

Hope you guys enjoy/like the few ideas I had for a potential Crash reveal trailer! It took some research into the recent Smash trailers, certain moveset research and thinking of what would work for Crash that stays true to what you expect to see from the orange marsupials hopeful reveal! #CrashForSmash
I don't know about the cameos from Tawna and Coco in the trailers, but these are some interesting concepts for potential Crash trailers. I myself am expecting his splash art to be "Crash Crashes The Party" and his trailer to involve Mario and Sonic in some way 🙂

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
True. It really does depend on how they do it. Heck, they could even throw in a fourth or even fifth fighter just to spice things up. Full on Battle Royale!
Make it a battle between the classic arcade/console headliners! :ultmario: :ultsonic::ult_terry::ultpacman:

Only one that'd be missing is Bonk. Although in fairness the TG16 Mini is a thing anyway.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
God I really want E3 to get here. I'm trying to just live in the moment until then. I really kind of want Smash speculation to be over so I don't have to wonder about this anymore. Lol

Really looking forward to Crash 4 in the meantime. It looks so much fun! I'll have to wait until April to get it on Switch, but I think it'll be worth it. I'll have to beat it before Crash comes to Smash! ;) Then I'll have played Crash 1-4 and CTR! Quite the proper build-up if I do say so myself...

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
God I really want E3 to get here. I'm trying to just live in the moment until then. I really kind of want Smash speculation to be over so I don't have to wonder about this anymore. Lol

Really looking forward to Crash 4 in the meantime. It looks so much fun! I'll have to wait until April to get it on Switch, but I think it'll be worth it. I'll have to beat it before Crash comes to Smash! ;) Then I'll have played Crash 1-4 and CTR! Quite the proper build-up if I do say so myself...
Yeah, about that...

Granted, this looks to be JUST the live show. It's possible the digital show will still happen. Thing is, COVID is still a thing at the moment, so don't be TOO surprised if we lose that, too.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Yeah, about that...

Granted, this looks to be JUST the live show. It's possible the digital show will still happen. Thing is, COVID is still a thing at the moment, so don't be TOO surprised if we lose that, too.
Oh I knew that. I was talking about the digital event. I won't say it's impossible, but I feel like the digital event will go on fine. We were already having events like that last year. I suppose it's not definate that Nintendo is participating, but I'd say it's really unlikely that they won't.

Last edited:

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
Oh I knew that. I was talking about the digital event. I won't say it's impossible, but I feel like the digital event will go on fine. We were already having events like that last year. I suppose it's not definate that Nintendo is participating, but I'd say it's really unlikely that they won't.
I'm pretty sure they had to adjust their whole 2020-2021 schedule and would be shocked if this year they didn't have a June blowout that was planned around all of this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure they had to adjust their whole 2020-2021 schedule and would be shocked if this year they didn't have a June blowout that was planned around all of this.
They're likely to be a little more ready this time, seeing as regular Nintendo Directs are seemingly becoming a thing again.

Plus, ever since around 2016, there's usually an important Crash-related announcement or release happening in June, regardless where it's announced, so I'll be on the lookout for that. :kirbsnow:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Not gonna lie, the first one would legit make me think we're getting a new Crash game....and then we get Pyra'd all over again

Second one, I'd MARK THE **** OUT

Make it a battle between the classic arcade/console headliners! :ultmario: :ultsonic::ult_terry::ultpacman:

Only one that'd be missing is Bonk. Although in fairness the TG16 Mini is a thing anyway.
:ultmario: :ultsonic::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultcloud::ultsimon::ult_terry:Crash

That would be one hell of an 8 man battle Royale

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't have anything against Monster Hunter, and I actually think they would be cool. As a Geno supporter though, I do feel like it would be a huge slap in the face to include the Hunters as the only upgraded Mii Outfit from Smash 4, and not Geno, even after the two decades of demand.
Catching up on the thread, but Monster Hunter being the only upgrade would make a LOT of sense given how massive the franchise is. It's a bigger franchise than every other Smash 4 Third Party Mii Costume combined at this point (only Tekken even comes close and with the more recent stuff Monster Hunter has eclipsed it pretty handily). Not only has it become huge, but it's spent a decade being very known for its Nintendo console releases starting with Tri in 2010 and working up to Rise coming out later this month. I don't think it would be saying really anything other than how big Monster Hunter is and how beloved it is (it also follows Dragon Quest's general trajectory of being massively popular in Japan, but unlike DQ, it's made a huge breakthrough in the West now too).

Crash and Monster Hunter would be absolutely massive notes to end Ultimate on, which is somewhat why I doubt them. In terms of the biggest franchises missing from Smash, they are probably the biggest not already out of the running for various reasons (Resident Evil and Tekken got Spirit'd while stuff like GTA I don't think was seriously ever an option). But again, I'm inclined to think we'll see one larger and one smaller character to finish us out, and I'd lean on Crash as my preferred at this point.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Catching up on the thread, but Monster Hunter being the only upgrade would make a LOT of sense given how massive the franchise is. It's a bigger franchise than every other Smash 4 Third Party Mii Costume combined at this point (only Tekken even comes close and with the more recent stuff Monster Hunter has eclipsed it pretty handily). Not only has it become huge, but it's spent a decade being very known for its Nintendo console releases starting with Tri in 2010 and working up to Rise coming out later this month. I don't think it would be saying really anything other than how big Monster Hunter is and how beloved it is (it also follows Dragon Quest's general trajectory of being massively popular in Japan, but unlike DQ, it's made a huge breakthrough in the West now too).

Crash and Monster Hunter would be absolutely massive notes to end Ultimate on, which is somewhat why I doubt them. In terms of the biggest franchises missing from Smash, they are probably the biggest not already out of the running for various reasons (Resident Evil and Tekken got Spirit'd while stuff like GTA I don't think was seriously ever an option). But again, I'm inclined to think we'll see one larger and one smaller character to finish us out, and I'd lean on Crash as my preferred at this point.
Except there's one MASSIVE problem with Monster Hunter's chances: the original deal that fell through. If Monster Hunter was supposed to happen, it would've occurred no later than the end of the first Fighter Pass. Imran Khan confirmed that a MH deal fell through, and Byleth's moveset is very reminiscent of how the Hunter would work. Add on to the fact that the developers don't like the idea of the Hunters in fighting games at all (further strengthened by how poorly MCVI did), and that Sakurai respects the will of developers, it doesn't make sense to expect any additional MH content beyond the Miis and a spirit event for Rise. That, and remember, the monsters themselves are the real stars of the series and the hunters are just generic player avatars with customizable armor and weapons.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Except there's one MASSIVE problem with Monster Hunter's chances: the original deal that fell through. If Monster Hunter was supposed to happen, it would've occurred no later than the end of the first Fighter Pass. Imran Khan confirmed that a MH deal fell through, and Byleth's moveset is very reminiscent of how the Hunter would work. Add on to the fact that the developers don't like the idea of the Hunters in fighting games at all (further strengthened by how poorly MCVI did), and that Sakurai respects the will of developers, it doesn't make sense to expect any additional MH content beyond the Miis and a spirit event for Rise. That, and remember, the monsters themselves are the real stars of the series and the hunters are just generic player avatars with customizable armor and weapons.
All Understandible, But i wonder if Nintendo was the one who decided the choice of maybe adding Monster Hunter as a fighter.

MattX20

Smash Hero
All Understandible, But i wonder if Nintendo was the one who decided the choice of maybe adding Monster Hunter as a fighter.
Nintendo was the one making the deal. If they wanted a Hunter that badly, it would've happened sooner and not later. Capcom isn't stingy with IPs or music like Square Enix's international record holders are. Capcom's been very giving on the content front, and there's also significant competition with Phoenix Wright and Dante, both of whom are celebrating their respective 20th anniversaries for their series.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I frankly have never given Imran Khan nearly as much room as the catch all be all of insiders as a lot of people have (He definitely has more connections than your average online leaker man spouting stuff though) and even in his original statements on that matter he communicated uncertainty with the whole, " From what I know but honestly maybe all my info is bull**** who knows don't trust me" in his original post on ResetERA which he's generally not done in the past with his more confident claims regarding even Sora and such. I especially think the "Byleth was base game" idea to be particularly suspect and more nonsencial, but that's not really super relevant He then also turned around and said that he didn't know if MH was dead or not even by his own account.

Also "monsters are the star of the game, not the character" is just incredibly reductive and a bad way to try to write off a character and has been a thing we've seen get ignored time and time again for character choices. Byleth having different weapons is also hardly the only way to do a Monster Hunter character. And it's 100% possible that circumstances had changed since 2018 given Monster Hunter's explosion thanks to World's continued success changing the board.

Like I'm not the most expecting of Monster Hunter at this point, it may stick with just Rathalos and what it has, but I do think it's a bit foolish to write it off completely (or on the other end of things, consider it a hard lock because it aligns with a "theme" of adding to base game stuff or whatever).

Anyway, not really the thread for it, I was just mentioning them in the context of being one of the two characters left alongside Crash. And like I said, I personally would prefer Crash in that match up. But when we talk of those huge franchises left, those two do absolutely immediately come to mind.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I don't know anything about Monster Hunter. Are their any smaller, human-sized monsters that could potentially be a playable MH character instead of the hunters?

New avi for the road to E3. LET'S GO!
Are we even certain that we'll get an E3 reveal? Everybody was predicting Fighter 9 to be revealed in March, but they were actually shown off in February. For all we know, they could reveal Fighter 10 (or even both Fighter 10 and 11) in May, or really early June before E3 even starts. I'm kinda leaning toward Fighter 10 being revealed in May honestly. Don't know why, I just have a feeling about it.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, the more I think about this with Crash and Monster Hunter. How would you guys feel if they end the DLC with Crash instead of MH? While the song list is to be considered, they can always pull a mind**** moment with us and switch the two's positions

Thoughts?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't know anything about Monster Hunter. Are their any smaller, human-sized monsters that could potentially be a playable MH character instead of the hunters?

Are we even certain that we'll get an E3 reveal? Everybody was predicting Fighter 9 to be revealed in March, but they were actually shown off in February. For all we know, they could reveal Fighter 10 (or even both Fighter 10 and 11) in May, or really early June before E3 even starts. I'm kinda leaning toward Fighter 10 being revealed in May honestly. Don't know why, I just have a feeling about it.
I mean, Monster Hunter Stories had a baby Rathalos as one of the main characters...

Also, for what it's worth, the day Pyra releases should indicate when Fighter 10 will be. If she's released on the day of her presents, for example, we could very well get Fighter 10 in May. If not, well... we might be waiting a bit.

And that's without considering whether the next character is stupidly complicated to program, a la Steve...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I mean, Monster Hunter Stories had a baby Rathalos as one of the main characters...

Also, for what it's worth, the day Pyra releases should indicate when Fighter 10 will be. If she's released on the day of her presents, for example, we could very well get Fighter 10 in May. If not, well... we might be waiting a bit.

And that's without considering whether the next character is stupidly complicated to program, a la Steve...
I feel like Crash wouldn't be too complicated to make. He seems to me like a Mario or Banjo-level all-around, balanced character, with a more basic moveset in comparison to a lot of the DLC characters. That is assuming he's coming of course...

Bruh, I'll be ecstatic if Pyra and Mythra actually RELEASE on Thursday some time after her presentation! That hasn't happened for the DLC since Terry way back in November 2019

I'm still not sure of what to make of Monster Hunter's potential chances, even with that Concert Leak getting focused on. I'm just not buying the leak after everything that's happened involving leaks with Ultimate.

You know, the more I think about this with Crash and Monster Hunter. How would you guys feel if they end the DLC with Crash instead of MH? While the song list is to be considered, they can always pull a mind**** moment with us and switch the two's positions

Thoughts?
Unless it's gonna be a double reveal. In which case, I don't think it really matters which one is revealed first.

Though I'm still holding out hope for Ryu Hayabusa and Crash being the final 2 characters.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I know Mario & Sonic being in the trailer for Crash would be cool but I'd also love one if it had Cloud & Solid Snake in it. A lot of ppl say Crash would be our unofficial Playstation rep but honestly Cloud is that for me.(And now I guess Sephiroth as well) He made his debut on the PS1 and Metal Gear Solid was released only the PS1 back in the day too and was a defining game in the franchise. It's how I discovered Snake & Metal Gear. I just think it would be pretty cool with him doing some kind of interaction with the other juggernaut mascots of his day, along with rivals Mario & Sonic.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Cloud and Snake could be considered Playstation reps, I suppose, but neither was really a Playstation mascot like Crash was. Particularly given neither franchise actually originated on Playstation. Crash was, for a time, the face of Playstation, what Mario was for Nintendo and Sonic was for Sega. So interaction between them is basically a must for Crash's reveal, for the first time all three are in the same game together, able to finally fight out their rivalry.

That said, I'd have nothing against having some interaction between him and Snake and/or Cloud, and I feel it'd be extremely likely the reveal would reference their shared Playstation association in some way. A proper animated scene if possible, or just an in-gameplay scene if some of the rights owners aren't willing to play ball.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Cloud and Snake could be considered Playstation reps, I suppose, but neither was really a Playstation mascot like Crash was. Particularly given neither franchise actually originated on Playstation. Crash was, for a time, the face of Playstation, what Mario was for Nintendo and Sonic was for Sega. So interaction between them is basically a must for Crash's reveal, for the first time all three are in the same game together, able to finally fight out their rivalry.

That said, I'd have nothing against having some interaction between him and Snake and/or Cloud, and I feel it'd be extremely likely the reveal would reference their shared Playstation association in some way. A proper animated scene if possible, or just an in-gameplay scene if some of the rights owners aren't willing to play ball.
I think all shall be in the trailer

Something like Mario and Sonic at the end of the trailer would make that HOLY **** moment happen while he does fight Snake and Cloud in the trailer, just whooping them before M&S combined attack or something

It's going to be interesting to see how his trailer works

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Not certain, but I think it's very likely. It would be a good business decision to have a direct on the dates of E3 since so many will be online watching at that time.

rfarleydude97

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the cameos from Tawna and Coco in the trailers, but these are some interesting concepts for potential Crash trailers. I myself am expecting his splash art to be "Crash Crashes The Party" and his trailer to involve Mario and Sonic in some way 🙂
I think an appearance by Tawna and Coco would be pretty nice, especially with the 25th anniversary this year, what better way to celebrate not only his inclusion in Smash but to also the aforementioned 25th anniversary by having a few characters from the Crash franchise appearing in the trailer. Would be really nice acknowledgement and good use of a cameo.

EDIT: Also thanks! Glad that you seem interested and liked the ideas posted!

Not gonna lie, the first one would legit make me think we're getting a new Crash game....and then we get Pyra'd all over again

Second one, I'd MARK THE **** OUT

:ultmario: :ultsonic::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultcloud::ultsimon::ult_terry:Crash

That would be one hell of an 8 man battle Royale
The first one was obviously heavily inspired from the Pyra/Mythra trailer we got, but the idea is mostly centered around celebrating his 25 years in a way by having a few characters from his franchise being in the trailer, so if we ended up getting the first idea for the trailer, I would be content xD

However with that being said, I think my 2nd idea should be the route that they should go. Having Mario & Sonic in his reveal trailer would be an awesome acknowledgment of the former 90s rivalry between the three characters. Glad you liked both of the ideas :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Did y'all ever see the Crash v Spyro Death Battle? That **** was hype! Well animated too.

Eh, I was never too big on Death Battle to be honest. There are some people who treat it as 100% fact when talking about a character's canonical strength, when it's really not too reliable at all. These people also use non-canon sources to determine how strong a character is e.g. the Sonic comics and Sonic X. Also despite them, I am fully convinced Wario beats King Dedede.

Oh, I also haven't been here for a little while. Hello. It's March and that Pyra/Mythra Sakurai presentation is coming up soon. Woo.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Eh, I was never too big on Death Battle to be honest. There are some people who treat it as 100% fact when talking about a character's canonical strength, when it's really not too reliable at all. These people also use non-canon sources to determine how strong a character is e.g. the Sonic comics and Sonic X. Also despite them, I am fully convinced Wario beats King Dedede.

Oh, I also haven't been here for a little while. Hello. It's March and that Pyra/Mythra Sakurai presentation is coming up soon. Woo.
On the flip side there's people who seem to think DB is a giant conspiracy. Allegedly, the showrunners pretty much let their favorites win and purposefully botch the research (not saying that you think this way).

I really just can't buy this compulsive liar/fan persona that so many seem to give them. I certainly don't think they're infallible, but generally I think they do TRY to research and sometimes just fall short. I think using non-canon sources is generally to assure that there are no questions about the result (and whether to use said sources is a point of contention among fans as well), and a lot of the time they WILL only consider canon like in the rematch of Sonic v Mario.

Regarldess, the main draw to me is entertainment at the end of the day. DB pretty much always delivers on that IMHO. Their animated battles (as well as the live action ones) have been nothing short of legendary to me.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
On the flip side there's people who seem to think DB is a giant conspiracy. Allegedly, the showrunners pretty much let their favorites win and purposefully botch the research (not saying that you think this way).

I really just can't buy this compulsive liar/fan persona that so many seem to give them. I certainly don't think they're infallible, but generally I think they do TRY to research and sometimes just fall short. I think using non-canon sources is generally to assure that there are no questions about the result (and whether to use said sources is a point of contention among fans as well), and a lot of the time they WILL only consider canon like in the rematch of Sonic v Mario.

Regarldess, the main draw to me is entertainment at the end of the day. DB pretty much always delivers on that IMHO. Their animated battles (as well as the live action ones) have been nothing short of legendary to me.
From what I've seen, they usually only resort to non-canon feats when A) the main canon suggests that they can, in fact, do it (i.e. Mario casually throwing a dinosaur in one of the cartoons can be justified because of how he was able to pull on a giant Golden Chain Chomp in Sunshine), or B) using non-canon souces is the only way to determine certain stats (i.e. MegaMan.EXE's stupidly broken speed from that one manga).

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you on this one. To me the most important aspect of a Death Battle episode is the animation, action, choreography and overall entertainment I get from it. I feel like people tend to focus too much on the results and reasoning, ignoring all the other aspects I mentioned earlier. Dante VS Bayonetta's results may be a little bit questionable but the fight itself is amazingly animated and has great action and choreography, which is what I personally consider to matter the most in an episode.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, only three weeks to go until whether the 3/22/21 theory for Beenox's next game comes true.

What's that?
I'll cover this one.

The gist of it is that some insiders stumbled upon Activision going "oops my hand slipped" on a document regarding Crash's revival, whose end goal would be getting Crash into Smash. Starting from 2017 (N. Sane Trilogy) and ending in 2021, Crash's 25th (On the Run/Smash Ultimate, notwithstanding any other possible announcements).

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/05/new-crash-bandicoot-game-rumoured-for-2019
https://www.dexerto.com/smash/leak-claims-crash-bandicoot-will-join-smash-ultimate-in-2021-1428075/
https://www.destructoid.com/stories...-crash-bandicoot-involves-switch-486327.phtml

On average, the majority of Activision-related leaks (that aren't 4Chan text hoaxes) came true sooner or later, so there might be weight to this.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
To no one's surprise at all, E3 2021's live event has been cancelled.

Now this begs the question on whether or not their will be a digital event this year. I'll be shocked if we don't get a digital event considering I feel most video game companies have adjusted to announcing things during the pandemic, so I don't think this is too big of a deal.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
To no one's surprise at all, E3 2021's live event has been cancelled.

Now this begs the question on whether or not their will be a digital event this year. I'll be shocked if we don't get a digital event considering I feel most video game companies have adjusted to announcing things during the pandemic, so I don't think this is too big of a deal.
From what I understand that's most definately the plan. A digital event was apparently in the works before the live event was even canceled.

However, the ESA is planning a digital E3 2021 showcase. The event organiser previously outlined the plan in a statement to Gamesradar, writing "we can confirm that we are transforming the E3 experience for 2021 and will soon share exact details on how we’re bringing the global video game community together. We are having great conversations with publishers, developers and companies across the board, and we look forward to sharing details about their involvement soon."

This digital showcase will take place from June 15 to June 17. The entire online event will apparently begin with a preview session on June 14, followed by a handful of two hour keynote sessions, as well as smaller streams from publishers and influencers over the subsequent three days. Over the coming months, you can expect a more concrete schedule for E3 2021 to take shape.
I'm just hoping we're getting a Nintendo Direct around then at this point...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

There's actually some fans that believe that Cloud is more of the mascot of the Original Playstation than Crash Bandicoot, Not "One of the faces", "The Face" and while I don't give a **** about Final Fantasy, But I'm aware of it's importance, Cloud was never compared to or pit against Mario or even Sonic who are the faces of both Nintendo and Sega, That was Crash's job.

Which is why...

Crash Bandicoot was viewed by the majority as the unofficial/de facto mascot of Sony's Playstation brand.

While FF predates Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot (1996) is a (Playstation Original) and predates both Cloud/FF7 (1997).

Sony not just promoted his games, But Crash Bandicoot was the one sent to the frontlines to help promote the Playstation brand and other games in general, Hell he was in Pizza Hut commercials too.

Platformers, Kart Racers and Party Games.
Sound familiar? Crash Bandicoot was Sony's "Mario".

Last edited:
Top Bottom