• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bandicoot Returns (and It's About Time!) Crash's Nitro-Fueled Smash Thread

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
While this concert leak seems more plausible then the stinky Grinch leak, I feel like it will leave a similar impact at some point. As in getting disconfirmed and lots of people will get angry. I am expecting that because I have practically zero hope and excitement for the rest of the pass thanks to Pyra and Mythra. Smash character cycles, base game or DLC, tend to end on a neutral note or a whimper, at least for me. Thank **** I got Banjo because besides thinking Steve and Terry are neat, the fighter pass picks have either disappointed me or made me pretty mad. Glares at Byleth Base game had a lot of variety in genre and character design. Why can't the DLC have that too?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While this concert leak seems more plausible then the stinky Grinch leak, I feel like it will leave a similar impact at some point. As in getting disconfirmed and lots of people will get angry. I am expecting that because I have practically zero hope and excitement for the rest of the pass thanks to Pyra and Mythra. Smash character cycles, base game or DLC, tend to end on a neutral note or a whimper, at least for me. Thank **** I got Banjo because besides thinking Steve and Terry are neat, the fighter pass picks have either disappointed me or made me pretty mad. Glares at Byleth Base game had a lot of variety in genre and character design. Why can't the DLC have that too?
For what it's worth, Nintendo are the ones picking the DLC, albeit Sakurai DOES have the final say. Maybe there's a reason for these picks?

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth, Nintendo are the ones picking the DLC, albeit Sakurai DOES have the final say. Maybe there's a reason for these picks?
Oh I'm well aware Nintendo is choosing these fighters. If Sakurai did have more say, I would expect at least more variety. It's all about maximizing profits in the end I guess.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
To be perfectly honest, I really want the Concert Leak to be real not just because Crash is on their, but also because I think ending Smash Ultimate with an orchestrated concert that orchestrates a theme for every single character on the roster would be the perfect way to end Smash Ultimate. As someone who absolutely loves and praises the music in Smash Ultimate, I would be ecstatic to hear orchestrated versions of some of these songs and it really would be a joy to listen too.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I posted my thoughts on Concert Leak in the general, but to sum it up, I give it a small percent chance of being real. Text leaks are like monkeys on typewriters, so a text leak getting the next character is not too weird, even if XC2 was not the easiest choice. It is a safe final prediction, but I think that the logistics of the concert and weird inconsistancies in the leak make it seem unlikely.

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Don't get into the false belief that Concert Leak is Crash's only path into Smash. It could very well be the leak is fake and Crash makes it in anyway.
Yeah. If we're going to believe Crash is gonna make it, we should rather believe in the five year plan rumor being real. Not that I think Crash is 100% confirmed because of that rumor, but I'm not discarding it either. I just don't wanna get disappointed.

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I've been gone for a while guys, what's going on?
New 4chan leak stating that a concert will be held next year showcasing one song per Smash rep. The list included the tracks N. Sanity Beach (Crash Bandicoot) and Proof of a Hero (Monster Hunter). It gained traction because it listed a XC2 track (Counterattack) a month before the Pyra/Mythra reveal.

Personally I don't buy it tho; monkeys on typewriters and a 4chan text leak is an immediate red flag imo.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I would be okay with Crash's inclusion, I really hope the concert leak isn't real as it will be disappointing to me if Crash and Monster Hunter is the last of the DLC. Nothing against Crash, but I won't be that hyped if it's just him and Monster Hunter left. I would be more accepting of Crash and someone else making it in than Crash and Monster Hunter.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While I would be okay with Crash's inclusion, I really hope the concert leak isn't real as it will be disappointing to me if Crash and Monster Hunter is the last of the DLC. Nothing against Crash, but I won't be that hyped if it's just him and Monster Hunter left. I would be more accepting of Crash and someone else making it in than Crash and Monster Hunter.
I mean, we still have a chance the MH Mii Costumes will come back...

Also, I apologise if me constantly reminding everyone about that has gotten annoying.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
On this thread or in general?
Just in general. It's been a bit crazy at my job this whole week.

New 4chan leak stating that a concert will be held next year showcasing one song per Smash rep. The list included the tracks N. Sanity Beach (Crash Bandicoot) and Proof of a Hero (Monster Hunter). It gained traction because it listed a XC2 track (Counterattack) a month before the Pyra/Mythra reveal.

Personally I don't buy it tho; monkeys on typewriters and a 4chan text leak is an immediate red flag imo.
Oh yeah, I heard about that one, though I tend to avoid leaks since damn near all of them (even the ones that seemingly have a lot of evidence backing them) are fake, I don't even believe the ones that have my most wanted characters on them. I feel like this one is the same because there's nothing written down for Ken despite every other character and echo fighter having a theme.

Also, as a huge fan of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I'm STOKED for Pyra and Mythra! 😍 Can't wait for the presentation on Thursday!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The one thing that makes me believe the concert rumor leak is true is the data data miners found when Ultimate came out. They found files for Jetforce Gemini and Blast Corps which, later on we got Banjo & Kazooie but didn't get these suppose Spirits. A cut Monster Hunter Spirit or png was in the data too and that right there almost makes me believe there's a chance they were saving Monster Hunter for later as DLC like Banjo & Kazooie.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Don't get into the false belief that Concert Leak is Crash's only path into Smash. It could very well be the leak is fake and Crash makes it in anyway.
Very true. It would just be nice to have reasonable certainty.
Well, screw this guy for putting them in the thumbnail.
I wouldn't say screw him, but he should be more considerate of that. You probably knew Crash would be on it though given where I posted it.

Last edited:

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
To be perfectly honest, I really want the Concert Leak to be real not just because Crash is on their, but also because I think ending Smash Ultimate with an orchestrated concert that orchestrates a theme for every single character on the roster would be the perfect way to end Smash Ultimate. As someone who absolutely loves and praises the music in Smash Ultimate, I would be ecstatic to hear orchestrated versions of some of these songs and it really would be a joy to listen too.
You know what would be an even more perfect way to end it? More DLC. I have three characters tied for my most wanted fighters and only two slots left...

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
You know what would be an even more perfect way to end it? More DLC. I have three characters tied for my most wanted fighters and only two slots left...
As much as I would love that, I unfortunately think this will be it. Then again, I did say a Pass 2 sounded very outlandish and I was happy to be proven wrong, so who knows, but I'm gonna keep my expectations really low for that.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey me too! Comes back on 3/9!

I wasn't sure y'all had seen every single episode like I have... 😅😂
I mean, I TRIED to watch every episode, but... 2020.

Though since we're talking about it now, if Crash were to come back, who would you want him to fight? Admittedly, I'm not the most knowledgable on popular matchups, so I can't say myself.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I mean, I TRIED to watch every episode, but... 2020.

Though since we're talking about it now, if Crash were to come back, who would you want him to fight? Admittedly, I'm not the most knowledgable on popular matchups, so I can't say myself.
Well, I'd really love to see a battle royale between Mario, Sonic, and Crash. That's probably going to happen too.

Other than that there's not too much that interests me. People seem to like pairing him with various video game mascots and others with just basic similarities. Crash v The Tasmanian Devil or Crash v Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) might be cool, but I don't think he could win against a toon. Lol

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
Why do you think I mentioned it? I'm one of those weirdos who LIKES Death Battle.

...Yes, even Yang vs. Tifa...
I'm one of those weirdos, too. Hell, the Ken VS Terry DB got me interested in Terry and Fatal Fury. Had it not been for Death Battle, I wouldn't have cared at all about Terry getting in Smash.

Also, Dante VS Bayonetta is the best episode ever and I can't wait for Yoda VS King Mickey in March 8th.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I officially gave up on Death Battle with Bowser vs. Ganondorf because they actually bought into that holy weapons bull**** when Bowser easily have that fight in the bag.

By their logic Death Battle Ganondorf would beat Superman, Hulk, Godzilla, Thanos, Galactus, Darkseid, and Goku, and such all at once because they lack holy weapons.

That's also not getting into Dante vs. Bayonetta (Notably ****ing Dante's regeneration to Deadpool levels as well as concluding he's faster because he can cut through raindrops which came from a cutscene and underplaying Bayonetta's durability to human despite the fact she can headbutt a skyscraper, she easily should have splattered Dante easily), Toph vs. Gaara, Scorpion vs. Ryu, and Yang vs. Tifa,

There was a time I enjoyed it but now it's just nothing more but bias fanboy **** run by two idiots with a love for No Limits Fallacies that don't even do their research.

Last edited:

JustASora/CrashSupporter

Smash Apprentice
I officially gave up on Death Battle with Bowser vs. Ganondorf because they actually bought into that holy weapons bull**** when Bowser easily have that fight in the bag.

By their logic Death Battle Ganondorf would beat Superman, Hulk, Godzilla, Thanos, Galactus, Darkseid, and Goku, and such all at once because they lack holy weapons.

That's also not getting into Dante vs. Bayonetta (Notably ****ing Dante's regeneration to Deadpool levels as well as concluding he's faster because he can cut through raindrops which came from a cutscene and underplaying Bayonetta's durability to human despite the fact she can headbutt a skyscraper, she easily should have splattered Dante easily), Toph vs. Gaara, Scorpion vs. Ryu, and Yang vs. Tifa,

There was a time I enjoyed it but now it's just nothing more but bias fanboy **** run by two idiots with a love for No Limits Fallacies that don't even do their research.
Look, I understand where you're coming from. The reasoning for Bowser VS Ganondorf was really bad and I don't see anything that excuses it. That episode is definitely one of the show's lowest points. Just like you, I strongly disliked the episode, but it didn't go as far as to make me drop the entire show all of a sudden. I'll be the first to say that DB's record when it comes to veridicts isn't perfect. In fact, I'd say that the best way to describe it is "inconsistent". Like, very, very inconsistent. There are episodes whose veridicts range from questionable to downright wrong in every single way, like Bowser VS Ganondorf, but then there are episodes with very in-depth veridicts and reasoning, like Wally West VS Archie Sonic. Hell, for that episode they actually admitted that they were originally expecting Archie Sonic to take the win, given how ridiculous OP the character is... Until they found about Wally West and how he had counters for everything Archie Sonic had. Also for season 6 they eventually brought back Ganondorf to fight Dracula from Castlevania, where this time it was Ganondorf who lost (as it should be, given how Dracula's feats surpass those of Ganondorf) and of course, this time they didn't fall for the holy weapons fallacy, demonstrating how inconsistent their reasoning can be. But I say it's far from being biased.

Though I will admit that, personally, seeing if X character defeats X character isn't the main reason I watch Death Battle. I watch it because I just want to see two popular characters beating the **** out of each other with some kick-ass animation.

I'm not trying to make you change your mind to giving the show another chance, but if I were you, and had dropped the show after Bowser VS Ganondorf, I would've missed a huge chunk of the great episodes that came after it, like Balrog VS TJ Combo, Wario VS King Dedede, All Might VS Might Guy, Beerus VS Sailor Galaxia and many more. Sure, every season had it's own share of stinkers here and there, but they're always overshadowed by the actual good episodes. And yeah, sure Dante VS Bayonetta was also wrong, but that fight freaking awesome animation, action and choreography, which I feel like those aspects tend to sadly get overlooked in the favor of seeing which character will win and why.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ok, so back onto the topic of the Concert Leak. I'm still fairly new so idk this board's views on Imran Khan, but when someone asked if he believed it, he said no.
View attachment 305318
On the one hand, he is one of the more reliable leakers. But on the other hand, he has gotten things wrong before. Still, he's gotten more things right, so I suggest we at least keep this in mind.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I still say the leak is fake by virtue of having a Dragon Quest song in the list.
I just don't know. This would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to feature DQ with all of these timeless series, so maybe he would relax. We did hear the orchestrated tracks on Hero's trailer, so we know he makes exceptions.

I'm trying to not rely on this leak though. I think Crash is very likely with or without it.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I just don't know. This would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to feature DQ with all of these timeless series, so maybe he would relax. We did hear the orchestrated tracks on Hero's trailer, so we know he makes exceptions.
Here's the thing; that was only for the trailer, but I'm not about to get into that conversation here. All I can say is, no way Sugiyama's gonna allow his music in a concert he's not a part of.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well, I'd really love to see a battle royale between Mario, Sonic, and Crash. That's probably going to happen too.

Other than that there's not too much that interests me. People seem to like pairing him with various video game mascots and others with just basic similarities. Crash v The Tasmanian Devil or Crash v Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) might be cool, but I don't think he could win against a toon. Lol
This NEEDS to happen within Ultimate. I can then die a happy man knowing Crash, Mario, and Sonic are in the same game together.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think the concert leak is just super lucky, as most close leaks have been recently, but that doesn’t really mean a whole lot. Crash is pretty damn likely either way. Crash N. Sane had the perfect release window to be considered for Pass 2. And that’s the main reason he feels likely.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

True. But than again, Death Battle Ganondorf lost to Dracula:

So things are balanced a tiny bit. Honestly, some of the outcomes of their matchups don't make sense to me like Superman beating Goku or Sanji beating Rock Lee as I think the victory should have gone to the other character who lost as they have superior power and speed over the winner of those matchups.

Last edited:
Top Bottom