• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yo guys, just coming in here to say I'm the best Falco on an entire continent. Get on my level (dat masha/larry level, trolololol)

I've been meaning to sniff the falco boards forever, but I keep forgetting to go there / haven't seen a good thread to subscribe too.. hah
I could talk about this character for hours though. Most of my training in the game at this point is with Falco, and for a few reasons it transitions to Marth very easily. Anywho - *lurk*

Yo guys, just coming in here to say I'm the best Falco on an entire continent. Get on my level (dat masha/larry level, trolololol)
Not even masha and DEHF are at the bleach-ego level. You have a ways to go little birdie.
I've been meaning to sniff the falco boards forever, but I keep forgetting to go there / haven't seen a good thread to subscribe too.. hah
I could talk about this character for hours though. Most of my training in the game at this point is with Falco, and for a few reasons it transitions to Marth very easily. Anywho - *lurk*
Maybe a little less lurk and little more omph to make a good thread worth subscribing too.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Making threads for me is hard because there are big gaps in game/intrinsic knowledge or logic to how I think/explain the game. If I were to say "power shield" more or "think about baiting this move so you can PS it and then ****" most people draw blanks or don't get how it's that simple.
Hence I'm better at answering questions or working with objective material. It also hurts that I think of things in this game as a function of Marth; he is all about fundamentals and punishment, and I think of Falco in the exact same way (with added tech), while others may think of playing Falco in completely different ways.

lol Subjective response coming up.

From my sense of the game pretty much any character is like this. At least in melee the statement of "fundamental and punishment" seems to ring true. Pretty much all characters in that game have no safe approaches or methods to apply decent pressure without committing too much to an attack and risking punishment in return. Marth, Sheik, Falcon. All of them rely more on waiting and outmaneuvering, then once they get a chance need superb punishment to take out a stock. Otherwise, you end up with what happens in brawl with nearly any attack that connects leads to another confrontation that you need to battle around rather than the one hit much reward.

Ah well. You'll have to tell me later how well a Falco/Marth combination goes together.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
lol Subjective response coming up.

From my sense of the game pretty much any character is like this. At least in melee the statement of "fundamental and punishment" seems to ring true. Pretty much all characters in that game have no safe approaches or methods to apply decent pressure without committing too much to an attack and risking punishment in return. Marth, Sheik, Falcon. All of them rely more on waiting and outmaneuvering, then once they get a chance need superb punishment to take out a stock. Otherwise, you end up with what happens in brawl with nearly any attack that connects leads to another confrontation that you need to battle around rather than the one hit much reward.
I would put someone with exceptional punishment game being able to safely cover the distance between attacks to the point which you choose an option select method of stringing more damage. Falco is actually pretty good at this. Stuff like ftilt and weak hit bair are pretty easy to hit and place people in positions that are too easy to control/react to.

Ah well. You'll have to tell me later how well a Falco/Marth combination goes together.
Use Marth in singles.
Falco in doubles
Win everything (okay, second in doubles)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Late hit everything puts everyone in terrible positions : Dash attack, Dair, heck even Uair.

And I must ask why pick Falco in doubles where he's clearly not as good as Marth. Special compo maybe ?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Late hit everything puts everyone in terrible positions : Dash attack, Dair, heck even Uair.
Yep. And it's all coz falco has a very good walk, fox trot and dash to shield length that he can cover the distance required that it turns your opponent's options from many to like... one and a half.

And I must ask why pick Falco in doubles where he's clearly not as good as Marth. Special compo maybe ?
Marth isn't that great in doubles either.
Support Falco though
Takes effort, but I'm pretty happy with it if MK's banned in doubles (haha). Abuse falco's short combo strings (20-30%ish) when you can. Laser over your team mates head (double lasers over their heads are good) for uber gay walking great walls. You can shine to protect your carry without hitting him either. Shine sets up locks on platforms in doubles more often than you'd think too. In some cases you can use single lasers to reset your carry's animations (snake ftilt or utilt). You stock tank.

Darktega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktega13
Takes effort, but I'm pretty happy with it if MK's banned in doubles (haha). Abuse falco's short combo strings (20-30%ish) when you can. Laser over your team mates head (double lasers over their heads are good) for uber gay walking great walls. You can shine to protect your carry without hitting him either. Shine sets up locks on platforms in doubles more often than you'd think too. In some cases you can use single lasers to reset your carry's animations (snake ftilt or utilt). You stock tank.
Do you have any videos of that? I would like to see them beacuse there are not many people that uses Falco on doubles, and the ones I have seen are like "Lololololol, grab".

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Keitaro putting an insane amount of work at crossfire 2. This falco is too good to be dropped for another character entirely ! (the diddy was real cute vs vinnie too)

kismet2

Smash Ace
Making threads for me is hard because there are big gaps in game/intrinsic knowledge or logic to how I think/explain the game. If I were to say "power shield" more or "think about baiting this move so you can PS it and then ****" most people draw blanks or don't get how it's that simple.
Hence I'm better at answering questions or working with objective material. It also hurts that I think of things in this game as a function of Marth; he is all about fundamentals and punishment, and I think of Falco in the exact same way (with added tech), while others may think of playing Falco in completely different ways.
I don't think they understand how to really bait. Some players will think it's just about waiting for your opponent to throw the move out but you have to set it up from attacks and positioning.

Falco is amazing in doubles. =) Jab and Dair will carry the team so hard lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Do you have any videos of that? I would like to see them beacuse there are not many people that uses Falco on doubles, and the ones I have seen are like "Lololololol, grab".
Unfortunately I do not. But I've been playing it for about a year now. I'll go out of my way to save matches next time I'm playing it.

I don't think they understand how to really bait. Some players will think it's just about waiting for your opponent to throw the move out but you have to set it up from attacks and positioning.

Falco is amazing in doubles. =) Jab and Dair will carry the team so hard lol.
Up throw and backthrow sometimes carries games too.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Yeah those lasers come in so handy for when their partner is above or behind you haha. Not to mention that it lets you push on the offensive =3 don't let your teammate be Metaknight. <3

L3G1T

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-0861-7985
I love Falco in doubles. Runaway SHL allows you to buy some time to turn two separate single battles into a 2 vs. 1 situation. Not to mention that some of his worst matchups aren't as tough in teams (IC's chaingrab is virtually nonexistant when your partner is still around, same with Pikachu, etc.) However, a lack of chaingrabbing somewhat hurts Falco, but he also has some nice, quick options out of D-throw. If your opponent wishes to do two separate 1 vs 1's, then a chaingrab to meteor smash buys a lot of time to help your partner, for example. I think Falco is a good character for crowd control, with an excellent projectile for teams (when used correctly) and a good CQC game.

I've had a lot of success teaming with my brother's Pikachu. We've tried a lot of different combinations for teams with Falco, and this one works really well. Not sure if it's just that my brother's Pikachu is better than his other characters or what, but I've found it really easy to team combo with Pikachu. I've had a short clip laying around that I was showing some of my friends. Just goes to show how beautiful Falco's Bair is. <3 Team Combo Clip.

kismet2

Smash Ace
I love Falco in doubles. Runaway SHL allows you to buy some time to turn two separate single battles into a 2 vs. 1 situation. Not to mention that some of his worst matchups aren't as tough in teams (IC's chaingrab is virtually nonexistant when your partner is still around, same with Pikachu, etc.) However, a lack of chaingrabbing somewhat hurts Falco, but he also has some nice, quick options out of D-throw. If your opponent wishes to do two separate 1 vs 1's, then a chaingrab to meteor smash buys a lot of time to help your partner, for example. I think Falco is a good character for crowd control, with an excellent projectile for teams (when used correctly) and a good CQC game.

I've had a lot of success teaming with my brother's Pikachu. We've tried a lot of different combinations for teams with Falco, and this one works really well. Not sure if it's just that my brother's Pikachu is better than his other characters or what, but I've found it really easy to team combo with Pikachu. I've had a short clip laying around that I was showing some of my friends. Just goes to show how beautiful Falco's Bair is. <3 Team Combo Clip.
Definitely. ^_^ Falco's still strong without the chaingrab, it's just another way of building percent. He still has jab mixups with gatling combo to deal good damage. Nice clip btw! I've been in that situation many times and it never gets old haha.

My Falco brother Keitaro I just saw your set vs Salem, good shiz. =) I was surprised when you kept throwing the armor pieces back at Salem but you came out on top in the end. If you can help it, try to leave one piece on the stage and make sure you're holding it. From there you can wear away ZSS shield with lasers and Zdrop>Nair/Dair for amazing shield pressure. Once her shield is really damaged you can throw the armor piece after a few lasers for a shield poke to a possible snipe for an early stock! It just depends on whoever controls the armor pieces.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Very smart advice Kismet. Thanks dude. I'm trying to make the matches more in my favor if I ever play him again and I think what you said will help.

kismet2

Smash Ace
XD I certainly want what Pikachu's having haha.

Btw I have a Falco crush on Charchar. Here's a recent video of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS4Frfd4FEA. He goes for Usmash sometimes when he shouldn't have but understands the focus of Falco which is laser and jabs, along with other means to build percents and setting up into Fsmash(can also BDACUS). He didn't force the chaingrab and set up into it at 0:24 from double jabs then mashed out for a grab when Lie tried to go for a jab cancel. I'm just really surprised to see this from a Falco that I never heard of or seen, such confidence and high level play from a new player. Charchar has two other videos but he crushes his opponents in those. So I thought a video of him playing against a good player we're familiar with would be better to show off his level of skill. I hope to see more of him in the future, he may even be a top Falco if he keeps at it.

kismet2

Smash Ace
He leaned on it a bit too much where Lie could expect it. He ignored that so it gave his opponent more control over the situation, so he just has to pay attention a little more haha.

It is true that Masha really quit Brawl for SSF4?

Once I played another fighter other than brawl, I started liking it far more. Albeit, its Melee that I prefer more of now, but I think I would have gone over to something like Blazblue or Guilty Gear. I haven't because Brawl and Melee is more than enough to try striving for to get good at. Otherwise, you are playing too many games and not getting exceptionally good at something.

Similar to how its bad to try playing like 4-5 characters when one or two is best

kismet2

Smash Ace
Yeah I won't put an uber amount of time in alot of different games unless I'm having fun with it.

Hey M@v, what's up?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Masha did say he'll come back for Smash 4, which comes out next year. So I don't really mind if he leaves temporarily.

More importantly, Larry-kun, where art thou? DEHF for name search.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Masha did say he'll come back for Smash 4, which comes out next year. So I don't really mind if he leaves temporarily.

More importantly, Larry-kun, where art thou? DEHF for name search.
Probably not going to anything except for Evo this summer.

L3G1T

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-0861-7985
EVO's going to be my first official tournament. :) I'm not going to be competing, and I'm unaware of the setup, but I'm hoping for the chance to still play against some skilled players, be it in Brawl or Melee.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Kismet and I are probably gonna start saving Marth vs Falco replays. They're wifi but there's a lack of "in-progress" Falco vs Marth videos online. After they're uploaded I'll probably provide critique so you guys can understand where it's easy to make mistakes in the MU. Kismet's worst high tier matchup is Marth IMO; hence, "in-progress": you will be able to see his improvement as time goes on

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
sounds good to me :o i play it from both sides since i play marth/falco against each other instead of dittos :p so it'll be nice to have something to watch

Kismet and I are probably gonna start saving Marth vs Falco replays. They're wifi but there's a lack of "in-progress" Falco vs Marth videos online. After they're uploaded I'll probably provide critique so you guys can understand where it's easy to make mistakes in the MU. Kismet's worst high tier matchup is Marth IMO; hence, "in-progress": you will be able to see his improvement as time goes on
Will you guys only be playing against each other? If so, I bet you both will miss something when playing each other. I could train a guy against my Falco exclusively for like 3 months, and he'll still come and lose to another falco he never played before because we both still manage to find ways to play Falco differently. For example, I might never spam phantasm, but suddenly new this Falco player spams phantasm against my underling and my trainee loses to this strategy because we never thought to cover it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Depends on the skill of both players and the coaching ability of both.
Works better with similarly levelled players in these scenarios. But yeah... don't just play to "Train someone", play to destroy them so they get better. Try everything you have constantly to see how they respond... it's how you practise options and get better yourself. It's a two way learning process, both sides need to put in effort.

Top Bottom