• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
lol. That's some pretty good advice.

I wouldn't have made it far XO

Ozz was doing pretty well though. Not sure if the tourney is still going on or not, I left kinda early. He had just beaten Bwett though, probaly best Yoshi in Texas?

Razer was there, so was Gnes, Sethlon [Who went Falco/Marth], Hylian, UTD Zac, takeurlife, CY and some other good players.

It was fun none the less. :)

Denzi

Smash Master

Ozz was doing pretty well though. Not sure if the tourney is still going on or not, I left kinda early. He had just beaten Bwett though, probaly best Yoshi in Texas?

Razer was there, so was Gnes, Sethlon [Who went Falco/Marth], Hylian, UTD Zac, takeurlife, CY and some other good players.

Friendlies with any of those people would help you get better.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Go ahead and give me **ggot tier, Teran. :mad:

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman

Even though you were eliminated you should take the chance next time to play as many people as you can eventually you will improve through expirience XD

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
The platform cancel you have to release down when you're passing through the moving platform, not press down. Or, you can hold down and do an aerial, which is what I do.

...unless you can also do it by pressing down, which I'm fairly sure you can't do but welcome someone proving me wrong.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You can do it by pressing down you hold down while jumping to stay on the platform, and press down when you do it to just land and then quickly go through the platform.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
My understanding of the mechanics was that it was the game no longer reading you as being neutral in the air and fake fastfalling that allowed the platform cancel. This was why the platform cancel could be performed with any aerial, specials, and I think even airdodges.

So to do it without any aerials or other inputs, you have to hold down while jumping, then release the control stick back to a neutral position at the appropriate time. Anything else is unnecessary.

Anyway, it's a good video. I had told everyone about Dair -> PC -> Shenanigans back when there was that whole thing about platform cancel's viability when I did the rainbow cruise 0-death, but nothing really came of it. I think people find it too difficult to learn with too little reward to actually bother using it. Ah well. Into the vault, I suppose.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Actually, you can't platform cancel on Battlefield. It has to be a moving platform because... err, I don't know why. Because Brawl is wierd, I guess?

Rainbow cruise's platforms count as moving because the whole stage is technically moving.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Actually, you can't platform cancel on Battlefield. It has to be a moving platform because... err, I don't know why. Because Brawl is wierd, I guess?

Rainbow cruise's platforms count as moving because the whole stage is technically moving.
oh yea we know you can't do it on battle field were just saying it'd be cool if you could.

Yoshi's Island. Pirate Ship? Pokemon Stadiums, though this is ridiculously dumb since the only time they move is when the stage is changing.
Doesn't the water part has 2 moving platforms on the right? And the windmill moves... Although that doesn't really count.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's a cool tech but it isn't what we all should be focusing on. I just have a lot of free time to do this because my apprentices are 30-40 minutes away driving distance. They're the only ones I can seem to get 1v1s with.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
SIN.

1. M2K
2. SK92
3. DieSuperFly
4. FoW
5. Tyrant
5. Havok
7. Z
7. DEHF
9. Zex
9. LeePuff
9. MikeHAZE
9. Meep
13. Hitori
13. CBK
13. C@nip
13. F0cus
17. FoxTrott
17. TC1
17. BoA
17. Ajax
17. HugS
17. BTB
17. Trendsetter
17. Swordsaint
25. DannyKatt
25. Eagle
25. Tudor
25. LeoFTW
25. Teba
25. Creepyfingers
25. Bigfoot
25. Kokaloo

Good ****. SK92 got enough money to go to DEVASTATION. Hopefully there will be vids.

SIN.

1. M2K
2. SK92
3. DieSuperFly
4. FoW
5. Tyrant
5. Havok
7. Z
7. DEHF
9. Zex
9. LeePuff
9. MikeHAZE
9. Meep
13. Hitori
13. CBK
13. C@nip
13. F0cus
17. FoxTrott
17. TC1
17. BoA
17. Ajax
17. HugS
17. BTB
17. Trendsetter
17. Swordsaint
25. DannyKatt
25. Eagle
25. Tudor
25. LeoFTW
25. Teba
25. Creepyfingers
25. Bigfoot
25. Kokaloo

Good ****. SK92 got enough money to go to DEVASTATION. Hopefully there will be vids.
After roaming around the smashscene online for almost a year now, you start to see a lot of names that other people haved used as well. I can no longer really tell if they are people I know, or someone I don't know using the same name.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
1. M2K-Metaknight
2. SK92-Falco
3. DieSuperFly-Metaknight
4. FoW-NESS!!!
5. Tyrant-Metaknight
5. Havok-Metaknight(I think)
7. Z-Pikachu
7. DEHF-Falco

Top Bottom