• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Denzi

Smash Master
My crewmate Pierce7D explained this to me.
That makes sense, because Marth gets hit hard by this. The lag that's added on is the lag you would recieve if you had been in the air, phantasmed/firebirded, and then landed (which, lucky for Falco, is hardly anything). It's commonly known as the triple jump glitch and it does indeed affect every character, just some more than most. It's good to know this because it can not only help your own recovery, but also help get you kills/free damage vs other players, so pay attention to how they grab the ledge + get back onstage.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Bleach, why not add the Phantasm guide to Falco boards guide as well? Just a summary of all that you posted though.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Hey Xonar welcome to the Falco boards.

Usually we don't like it when new boarders post, but if you can gain our acceptance you'll be fine. Welcome :)

Bleachigo, mind explaining a bit more about the whole thing with the lag frames from UpB recoveries, that vid, and the whole autocanceling with the aerials. I'm like a person who walked into the middle of a conversation.

Hey Xonar welcome to the Falco boards.

Usually we don't like it when new boarders post, but if you can gain our acceptance you'll be fine. Welcome :)
lul xD

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Bleachigo, mind explaining a bit more about the whole thing with the lag frames from UpB recoveries, that vid, and the whole autocanceling with the aerials. I'm like a person who walked into the middle of a conversation.

lul xD
If you use a UpB to grab the edge the game adds lag to the next time you touch the floor. (Regardless of how you get back onto the stage from the ledge grab)

If you choose to jump though, you can throw out a aerial that Auto-Cancels (Dair/Bair, idk what else Auto-Cancels) to eliminate those extra frames.

Auto cancel means that there is no lag if you hit the floor within certain time with the Aerial.

If you use a UpB to grab the edge the game adds lag to the next time you touch the floor. (Regardless of how you get back onto the stage from the ledge grab)

If you choose to jump though, you can throw out a aerial that Auto-Cancels (Dair/Bair, idk what else Auto-Cancels) to eliminate those extra frames.
Well Bleachigo, I think you found your reason for why ledge hopped lasers lag at times upon getting onto the stage.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
The whole point with the extra landing lag is not so much that you have to keep track of it when you know it'll be there, but rather when you forget to keep track of it.

Ledgejumping, failing, getting juggled only to finally land 10 seconds later experiencing the one thing you didn't expect to happens, 17 frames of lag. Juggle starts all over again, or you just eat a fsmash. The main thing is that whatever you do, if your opponent noticed you upBing on the stage and keeps track of it, there is no way he can miss a punish when you finally land. He just has to run at you and shieldgrab whatever aerial you use to cancel the lag.

tl;dr: Watch your footing, or die.

Apprently there is more than one Velox in the world 0.o

I'm not attending a eurpoean tournament. I'm in the middle of the US.

Denzi

Smash Master
^ That was amazing.

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow guys, so don't expect to see me for at least a week.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I'm leaving tomorrow for band camp. and brawl will be with me =D will be back on friday unless i sleep the rest of the day...

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Well, I guess I'm going to try and act like a replacement here. I'm waiting for my "smash director" promotion, so I pretty much have nothing to do until then. ^^

****, it's been a long time since I wandered around the Falco boards. So what are the awesome subjects of discussion here?

=O I decided to make a texture thread on SWF.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8064945&posted=1#post8064945

check it out =D
Can you make a personal one for me, pleeeease?

Top Bottom