• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Blad01

Smash Lord
I'd like to discuss the disappearance of Blad01.
LOL, sorry guys :p
To tell the truth, there are some exciting changes in my life, so I haven't really played Smash nor come on SmashBoards lately :p

And I will be gone in August, so I give you Teran the responsibility of the match-up thread, in case you haven't finished them yet :laugh:

I'm going to SL4 in 4 days though, so I really need to get my level back, and then improve it. I'm sure I would get ***** otherwise. :p

Anyways, any changes here ? Any new tricks ? :D

Anyways, any changes here ? Any new tricks ? :D
When were you on last? I forget. Been too long. But I doubt it.

We attempted to start a Falco Boards project of a community guide. It hasn't been worked on since july :/ Also, why do you appear whenever people start to wonder where you dissappeared to? <_<

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Looks like I'll be taking care of you kids from now on.
Well Blad, please do visit, you're a veteran of the Falco boards after all. :D

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The most gets done during times of procrastination.
Don't pretend it isn't true. XD

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Fuuucckkinn' tired.

Finally 3-day weddin is finished. And I just got back from the Gym with my cousins OoS.

funfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfunfun​

no broken pages ftw.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So yeah.. AIM convo:

Invokke08Havokk (9:43:45 PM): congrats on being the only Falco
Invokke08Havokk (9:43:47 PM): to 2 stock me
Invokke08Havokk (9:43:48 PM): xD
Invokke08Havokk (9:43:52 PM): like. srsly.
Invokke08Havokk (9:43:52 PM): wtf
Invokke08Havokk (9:43:56 PM): how did you do that
[ANONYMOUS](9:44:14 PM): hahah becuz falco players are dumb
[ANONYMOUS](9:44:21 PM): they dont mix it up enough
Invokke08Havokk (9:44:26 PM): lol
[ANONYMOUS](9:44:35 PM): for having such an excellent mix up game
[ANONYMOUS](9:44:39 PM): they do jack crap
Invokke08Havokk (9:44:41 PM): xD
[ANONYMOUS] (9:44:43 PM): the same things

Avion

Smash Apprentice

Oh yeah. I've been teaching/encouraging Avion to play "gay" to help get around matchups that he doesn't know, tank a stock, etc., and it SUCKS to play against someone like that. Good practice for me at the same time though =]
It's true. It works really well but I can feel the shame and gayness rising up inside me :laugh: "If you don't know a matchup, just laser, IAP, and apologize afterward." 10truths

Also, congrats Denzi on 2,500 posts!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why apologise?
My opponents constantly do the gayest things to me and I don't mind.
Yes, in friendles.

So basically, if I can expect the worst fromt them, the least I can do is a bit of defensive play. Personally I think Laser/IAP shenanigans look cool.

Why apologise?
My opponents constantly do the gayest things to me and I don't mind.
Yes, in friendles.

So basically, if I can expect the worst fromt them, the least I can do is a bit of defensive play. Personally I think Laser/IAP shenanigans look cool.
Until people learn to counter act it. It's surprising how if you start to laser and IAP away, the person will start to think you'll go back there everytime and just stand there avoiding lasers.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I want to learn how to DACUS with falco... I can't do it eh...
It's easier if you set R to attack.
The bonus of that being you get the full length of the DACUS, which is almost half of FD.

That's the only reason I actually set R to attack lol.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
WHO IS IT!?!?!?!?

But yeah, mixups are good.

lol.
If he wants to tell he will tell.... but first Falco to 2 stock me in ages. XD both offline or online.... I normally beat every Falco I play.

He also doesn't even play gay.. like this guy Brett (or w/e) did who literally camped the entire match.

So apparently playing gay for Falco = lost game to Snake.
Playing rapesauce with mixups as Falco = you'll beat Snake?

It's weird.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So apparently playing gay for Falco = lost game to Snake.
Playing rapesauce with mixups as Falco = you'll beat Snake?

It's weird.
Remember your crouching shniz?
Guess that only works on gay Falco.

Tennet

Smash Champion
It's easier if you set R to attack.
The bonus of that being you get the full length of the DACUS, which is almost half of FD.

That's the only reason I actually set R to attack lol.
I'll try that, hopefully it helps me.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
My crouching stuff only works when I'm in the lead or we are in a neutral state. :laugh:

And yah, it's only useful on gay Falco. lol
It's a hard knock life, adapting to different playstyles.

I think its more I can't figure out the timing...
I'll try and explain it as best I can, because dash --> cstick down to upZ/upR doesn't really explain much.

Basically, Falco's DACUS doesn't have a very large window, so it's not a piece o' cake like snakedashing.

After you initiate that dash immediately hit down on the cstick and although there's meant to be a miniscule delay before you smash upZ/upR, act as though you have to do the two simultaneously.

Try that for a while and see if it works. Once you've got it working a few times, you'll get the actual timing down.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Ugh I have such a habit of flicking the C stick down then up from mortar sliding, but i just got it once, at 2/3 speed though...

Avion

Smash Apprentice
COuldn't you have... you know.. described it in a slightly more understandable way xD I dont' follow.
I think he means flick the C-stick down, the flick the C-stick up. Two separate, distinct motions. Don't semi-circle the C-stick (i.e., one motion). Of course I could be way off, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's getting at:laugh:

I think he means flick the C-stick down, the flick the C-stick up. Two separate, distinct motions. Don't semi-circle the C-stick (i.e., one motion). Of course I could be way off, but I'm pretty sure that's what he's getting at:laugh:
I have tried that same thing, but I cannot shove it down and up fast enough.

Avion

Smash Apprentice
I have tried that same thing, but I cannot shove it down and up fast enough.
I actually do it differently as well, I was just clarifying what he said. I find the easiest way to be:

dash > c-stick down > control stick up + Z

Also, nice one Bleachigo :laugh:

I actually do it differently as well, I was just clarifying what he said. I find the easiest way to be:

dash > c-stick down > control stick up + Z

Also, nice one Bleachigo :laugh:
In order for me to do it right a lot of the time, I had to change around controller configuration. To match what you have mentioned.

One, Z is set to attack instead of grab. I would grab if I messed up, and dash attacking is safer than a missed grab.

Two, I start my dash using a diagonal input and hold it there instead of dash to the side, than straight up. Diagonal input is read as an up apprently and just so happens to work at starting a dash.

So for me it's more like Dash (diagonal input and hold) > cstick down > Z

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I gotta try that. I usually Boost Smash when I go for the Gatling combo, messes me up baaddd.

Anyways, thanks for invitin me to FBR. :)

I gotta try that. I usually Boost Smash when I go for the Gatling combo, messes me up baaddd.

Anyways, thanks for invitin me to FBR. :)
Make is undead for us Kuro. Well.... I just heard that the FBR is dead a lot of the time.

I can only perform the gatling combo when I shove up on teh C-stick during the beginning frames of the dash attack, I would love to do the inputs for gatling combo when I want too.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why the f*** aint I in there yet?
Oh yeah I get it, cos I'm not black.

Racist n.....
:)

Top Bottom