• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Im going now.... yay

Well if you want the other (and worse) part of the story Kasper, the person hosting Ally had enough room in his house for you guys, it's just that he is a ****. He's been shunned out of the Brawl community for doing that btw.

So yeah housing in France got a lot better since then.

PS : I can testify that dutchies house their guests good, they even take you to the Burger King when they're not hungry.
Calzorz told me the story of how leon went in on charby and he hasnt been heard from since.

Dutch housing is gdlk. Gregs is the best!

:059:
Gregs is an awesome guy

channeling the inner falco i see
Someones gotta do it

Kasper, the other English have arranged for a cabin where the entire group is staying, just talk to them about it. And yeah, we wouldn't abandon you guys in desperate times and at least have you know upfront what things are like.

EDIT: Also, didn't you already book a ticket?
They booked without me giving any answer but im going now so its kool and thanks for that marc, it calms me down abit.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yoh kismet saw your replay against Nairo at crossfire, good stuff dude. Too bad you cancelled one too many phantasm.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Are any of you going to the Apex qualifier in North Carolina on 11/23?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Falco destr0o0oys Olimar

Jab/utilt/laser more and maybe get high before your sets

Also shouts to DANGAN RONPA

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Yellows are pretty bad, but Purples kill you extremely early. I'd rather take damage from a yellow and not die, then take damage from a purple and lose a stock.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Problem is how strenuously complicated it is to get in on an Olimar with yellows. Yeah we can play an avoid upsmash game until 200%, but we're just flat out not able to hit him without extreme risk :(

With purples, we have to respect up smash and can play a reactive game for side b, a spacing game for purple grab. PS side-b DA is freedom.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Getting in on Olimar with Yellows isn't hard, their disjoints aren't what makes them bad.

Them eating lasers and still flying at Falco is what hurts Falco.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
It's not that hard to approach yellows >_>. I mean, it gives him more priority which makes it harder to challenge the attack, but why even risk doing that when you can flat out avoid the move? I will admit, it's a lot more difficult to compared to his other pikmin, but it's not significantly harder, especially when you take into consideration that you can bait out his yellow pikmin attacks and approach when he has different color pikmin in the front of the line.

I'd still much rather fight an Olimar with a lot of yellows compared to one with a lot of Purples.

clowsui

Smash Legend
falco (the character) actually carried me this weekend. not me the player lol

still have the worst trouble with olimar. pretty much it

i watched the set again. you just jump too much vs olimar. olimar's anti-air is OD but when he's in the air he sucks. also his grounded options are not very good because they're all slow. so just stay mostly grounded, throw reflector at longer ranges/side b through at mid range, and shield if you have no other options.

Drew I am going to that Apex qualifier.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Played Falco yesterday for the first time since august and after playing some other fighters I feel like I'm literally learning to walk.

Now all I have tio do is get rid of that years old habit that turns B reversed laser into suicide phantasms.

Played Falco yesterday for the first time since august and after playing some other fighters I feel like I'm literally learning to walk.

Now all I have tio do is get rid of that years old habit that turns B reversed laser into suicide phantasms.
I swear I get better without doing anything by simply not playing for like 3 weeks straight. Sure, there is the lag time to get over with for your ability, but the mentality of having that long break is exceptional after a tad bit of practice.

It seems like the more I try to play say like once a week or more is just dreadful for me.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I don't play except for once or twice a month. Why am I not godlike.

Xeyload pls

My analogy to what I meant by that statement is similar to cardo-training. If you run every single day for hours you risk injuring yourself and your marginal returns diminishes the more time you spend. By taking the necessary amount of time to rest you avoid injuring yourself, but still improve your stamina.

Similarly, I think my mentality with smash is very similar to this idea. By attempting to play for say a couple hours a day or every two days over the course of a couple of weeks I eventually reach a state where I completely lose focus when playing. For example, I do not notice my habits or my opponents habits very well and fall into muscle memory type strategies and responses to my opponent rather than being able to adapt.

By taking more time between practices say a couple of hours one day, then no play for 3-4 days I keep that good peak condition tech ability and keep my mind refreshed as well. Or it works well for my mentality to take weeks off helps as well. My tech suffers after not playing for so long, but a day or two of short practice quickly brings that up to par quickly.

I have no idea if this idea works for others, but playing once or twice a month I would say is not frequent enough to actually improve. If anything, I might say you are playing frequently enough to maintain your current gameplay. Unless you really don't give a crap when you play. Also, I was thinking more about melee when I mentioned that than brawl. Obviously, there are other factors too in determining performance. If you only hold the control stick to the side when playing you are not improving at all.

At any smashfest, the first hour or so after a week of no play is atrocious for me. After some time to practice the next 2-3 hours are great. After that my performance diminishes greatly. Very similar observations at tournaments as well. I am thinking it might be best for me to simply play in sessions of 2-3 hours and only play every few days.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Falco boards still the same I see I haven't posted here in ages. How's Falco been doing in the meta game these days anyway?

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
Didn't even know that the boards was alive! Haven't been here in years now, but nice to know that falco still lives. And I bet that just made me break rule #4

HeadofHudet

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
5259-5066-0804
Works for me. I think I'll stick around here for now - might get better and learn and stuff. Taken a peek and already found lots of useful information and opinions that will contribute to my playstyle.

Top Bottom