• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bakery - Realised I can still edit the thread title!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
For ic and pika i am probably just going to stay falco both MUs are hard for me i hate IC. but i thinkt hat falco can win.

but just in case i have a pocket marth lol
I don't think marth is a good pocket for IC. Unless you plan on spamming retracting fair the whole match.

Just use ganon

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I'm considering learning Snake for pretty much the same reasons that Bloodcross is using him. Maybe Marth... -_-

Not sure, I don't really know the Pika MU cuz I've never played it, but I feel comfortable against IC's with Falco. It's still hard, but I like it.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
You pretty much apply the same mindset of "don't get grabbed" in both MU's.

You can jab tjolts so you won't have to reflect every tjolt and get baited for it.

Also, **** Olimar. I won't have Olimar on these boards

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I can get vids of me bodying pikapika with falco. the matchup isnt that bad. Its kind like falco dittoes (which also explains why 90% of you hate it but I love it.) which is also clearly winable for falco. lol

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
It's a -1 IMO. Rising pound is safe from grabs on IC shield. Her mobility allows her to get in and get out safely and she's got 6 jumps. Bair is Godlike for spacing and nair is amazing at gimping nana.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
You can only use Ganon if you're Mink because utilt hits from across Smashville.

M@v

Subarashii!
Just remember in falco vs pika, even though he has that ******** cg, you can pay the favor back until about 70% if you read him right ;)

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Just remember in falco vs pika, even though he has that ******** cg, you can pay the favor back until about 70% if you read him right ;)
I have never played lost to ESAM.

M@v

Subarashii!
Also, think of this way guys; How many pikachus are you going to face that are GOOD and can do the cg consistently? I have NEVER faced a pika in tourney that could do the consistently with pika and I've always won. Ironically, one of my crew mates is a pikachu player who can do the cg (and I practice the mu a lot), but I've never had to face his pika in tourney minus practice ones we hold.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Also, think of this way guys; How many pikachus are you going to face that are GOOD and can do the cg consistently? I have NEVER faced a pika in tourney that could do the consistently with pika and I've always won. Ironically, one of my crew mates is a pikachu player who can do the cg (and I practice the mu a lot), but I've never had to face his pika in tourney minus practice ones we hold.
ESAM.

10chaingrabs.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
As long as we have the one in my area and both of us are good enough to make it in the bracket, I'm gonna play him too many times.

How many pikachus are you going to face that are GOOD and can do the cg consistently? I have NEVER faced a pika in tourney that could do the consistently with pika and I've always won.
lol The last tounament I went too DLA whipped out pikachu and got it down all three of my stocks except once. Although, jumping out at 70% is still pretty bad.

And Meta Knight is finally banned huh? I wonder if my area will conform or not. As far as I know, WI and MN never held MK banned tournaments, so I expect it might not happen in future. My immediate area suffers from the lack of any outstanding brawl players.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wouldn't recommend picking up Marth just for IC's. It's an even MU.

Toon Link does pretty good against IC's, I think. Alot easier to use too.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wouldn't recommend picking up Marth just for IC's. It's an even MU.

Toon Link does pretty good against IC's, I think. Alot easier to use too.
He does well against Pikachu too and he's a character that a lot of Falco players like. He's a viable pocket, not the best one.

Twinster

Smash Cadet
What is honestly the best choice vs IC's to have as a pocket character? I, personally, only have like 1 or 2 IC's even remotely near me so its not that big of a deal.. But in a case where I need a pocket character, who would y'all recommend?

Hard to answer that. Different characters have different attributes to play against the ICs. Characters like Meta Knight and Wario can avoid grabs by camping the air. Someone like Snake has sufficient tools to separate the ICs and have defenses should he get grabbed. Another trait is that the heavy weight makes the CG take longer and possibly more room for error. However, I have heard a number of ICs say that trying to CG floaty characters is more difficult compared to heavy characters.

Then there is the time taken to learn a character well enough for a single match-up. Would you rather take a faster character to learn or higher learning curve character? No best answer to the IC.

M@v

Subarashii!
ESAM.

10chaingrabs.
Sorry your one of the unlucky ones that lives near a good pika main :p

Its ok though; I see lain at a lot of tourneys I'm at ;3

I'm down to peach or marth as a secondary. Peach is better vs icies, but my marth is waaaay better than my peach, he's more flexible, and he's less of a learning curve. Probably going with him.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What is honestly the best choice vs IC's to have as a pocket character? I, personally, only have like 1 or 2 IC's even remotely near me so its not that big of a deal.. But in a case where I need a pocket character, who would y'all recommend?
Those two you should watch for were pretty bad against MK. Oh well.

Snake, Marth, Diddy, and Lucario are all viable choices.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
tbh Falco is the highest tiered character that hardly anyone solo mains. There are plenty of solo Diddy/Snake mains, but so few solo Falcos. Imo if you know the Pikachu/IC matchup your opponent will be in for quite a surprise, everyone seems to concentrate on just the chain grabs and thinks its an auto win. We have the best camping ability in Brawl guys, use it. Im never gonna use anyone besides Falco in tourney :)

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Knowing is only half the work.

Actually, not even half... because god there's just too much work vs pika/ic's.

As much as I would love to solo main Falco, I have other characters too and I like using more characters (I recently remembered I have a DDD LOL).

Top Bottom