• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
I read it. I can be there from as early as it starts until about 3. What is the order of events?
starts at 10, so registering and all that.
when enough players show up we'll start Melee and 64 doubles.

Am very sorry but both the singles are after the doubles. both happening at once.
Pizza comes at maybe around noon, or 1 ish in between that time.

Hey Jack, you missed me for 64 :)
roger! added

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol wait. You're switching between games? So people will stay for ssb64? Lol why not just make sure that melee entrants stay for ssb64?

It just seems odd. But sure, I'll be there at 10. Email me your number.

unityole

Smash Lord
Lol wait. You're switching between games? So people will stay for ssb64? Lol why not just make sure that melee entrants stay for ssb64?

It just seems odd. But sure, I'll be there at 10. Email me your number.

uh, switching means switch the game sharing TVs? if thats what u meant then its not what im trying to say.

hopefully we will have 6 setups, 3 setup for 64 and 3 maybe 4 for melee.
both happening at once.

my CELL number:
604 722 7798

hope u all can find the room quickly, just follow the map/instruction :) its simplified xD

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Oh both are happening simultaneously? Mkay. Well if everyone is there at 10 for registration we could start as early as 1030. And doubles doesn't take as long as singles.

Anyone wanna do teams? I'm pretty good at both games.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
How often do you guys have tourneys in Vancouver? Is there something every weekend or a couple everyweek? Just small things too. If I get a chance to I'd like to take a trip down there for some melee. I haven't played in months cause my disk fried and when Brawl's here I still would want to melee a bit. But if I take a trip down there for that, I want it to be worth my time. So what's the best time a week/month and where do I go/who do I talk to?

unityole

Smash Lord
Way to steal our tournament day guys!

But we have HYPE!

planned it about 1 and a half month ago, you're just a bit late.
besides you're from Calgary, its really far to travel, and we usually have event going on here within the lowermain land.

this just happen to be a small tourney with lots of people.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Patooty. I'm so sorry I spelt your name wrong in the credits. >_<

I played Brawl today. My Zelda is undefeated in singles. lolz

Brawl is so good.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played Brawl today. My Zelda is undefeated in singles. lolz

Brawl is so good.
"I will light the way for Bottom Tiers." - Darkmusician

And so forth, Darkmusician hunted down every Space Animal, every Valkyrie of Justice, every Knight of Destiny that have shed the blood of the lower classes at Melee's End. It was time for the revival of the Revolution that the Ancients predicted. It was the rise of the goddess Zelda... It was a new beginning.

*cue epic music*

Darkmusician

Smash Master
"I will light the way for Bottom Tiers." - Darkmusician

And so forth, Darkmusician hunted down every Space Animal, every Valkyrie of Justice, every Knight of Destiny that have shed the blood of the lower classes at Melee's End. It was time for the revival of the Revolution that the Ancients predicted. It was the rise of the goddess Zelda... It was a new beginning.

*cue epic music*
Thanks Chester! That's the most bad @$$ thing I've ever read. I can't wait to play and maaaaaybe see all of you again. :]

Thanks Patooty. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It's a pity that we didn't record more. But I still had a great time.

unityole

Smash Lord
sorry for the late update

there are quite a few people would prefer the tournament tomorrow at SFU starts later, and some would prefer earlier. so now it's gonna start at 11am, not 10.

64 and melee doubles would go first, est 2 hrs should be enough for both the doubles to finish.
singles would most likely start at 2pm. just an estimation..

hope to see you all soon!, and please do follow the map/direction/instruction. call me at 604 722 7798 if you still have problems / can't find the room. I will be up at around say 9 am in the morning :O because i am lazy.

unityole

Smash Lord
Its the same room as it always has been right?
sorry but if you read the thread, its 2nd floor, not the 1st floor.
it will be inside a lounge, so please follow map/ direction.

don't assume it's the same since its at SFU, even though its only like 2 mins walk apart.
please do take the time and read up, if you're lazy you can always call me, but I will be very busy tonight and tomorrow, so probably less likely to answer phone.

unityole

Smash Lord
thanks for everyone who showed up today at my tournament and it was a success and for those who helped me with their melee setups, eric tiep and matt :o.

special thanks to Meta who did most of the tournament brackets by himself, and to Genesisftw brought his laptop and saves the day.

finally, special special thanks to me who has a very hot mom xD and brought the pizza :)

Adam, 4th in 64 singles man, so close, and your c.falcon ***** !
Tiep and John, excellent adaption skills, learn so quickly at 64, wow!
Manli, never loses his skills and kept improving :O
Evan, bring a powercord that works next time :D and thanks for helping me with running the brackets

and thanks you everyone for coming.

Top Bottom