• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Pikachu won. Just because pikachu isn't terrible. There was no tournament. Play the game, then see for yourself.

I can't imagine the game being terribly competitive though. Unless we learn to do wondrous things with the game...

dieslow

Smash Ace
its gonna be competitive, im sure. more people in tournies = more money in prizes.
dunno about u, but i'd like to try to win money.

whitegaurd

Smash Apprentice
I might be visiting B.C(vancouver)in march(50/50). And I'll like to smash , with you guys. Is there going to be any tournament or smash fest later this month. If I'm coming, ill be here from the 26-31.

unityole

Smash Lord
I might be visiting B.C(vancouver)in march(50/50). And I'll like to smash , with you guys. Is there going to be any tournament or smash fest later this month. If I'm coming, ill be here from the 26-31.

i could probably make one, but 26-31 that would be sometime around 2nd midterm.. :o

ps. there seems to be quite a few good smasher from ontario..?

whitegaurd

Smash Apprentice
Well if its too much of a hassle, it doesn't matter.
WEll I don't know much about ontario smashers. I come from quebec, we have a good amount of smashers.
Kage, Vwins, Bam...

P.S: But if there is something going on. Please pm me. Thanks.

Metà

Smash Master
Well, I'm hosting a tournament in April. Other than that I don't know what tourneys are scheduled. We do smashfests a lot though

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well if its too much of a hassle, it doesn't matter.
WEll I don't know much about ontario smashers. I come from quebec, we have a good amount of smashers.
Kage, Vwins, Bam...

P.S: But if there is something going on. Please pm me. Thanks.
Im sure one of us will host something if not myself between those dates at the end of March... Where will you be at the time? Like where in Vancouver?

Evan: Hey wanna team for ssb64 at the SFU tourney on Saturday?:)

unityole

Smash Lord
Ah, for x_nintensity_x and piegopher
got good news for you guys, we lim the meleers cap at 16 but wouldnt hurt to have a bit more :) so after some talk with Evan and Adam, you guys are in fosho.

Manli: I still have reserved spots for you and maybe for your friends too :O

Im sure one of us will host something if not myself between those dates at the end of March... Where will you be at the time? Like where in Vancouver?

Evan: Hey wanna team for ssb64 at the SFU tourney on Saturday?:)
yea i'll prob make one, another ssb64/melee event if this coming saturday goes smoothly.
and Evan would like to team with Eric, under my tournament thread xD, evan says.

ps. i just hope the lounge doesnt explode :(

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
its gonna be competitive, im sure. more people in tournies = more money in prizes.
dunno about u, but i'd like to try to win money.
Classic dieslow, classic.

Also, I'm calling it right now. Dieslow will be first on BC PR for Brawl if/when we decide to make one >.>

Everyone: Pray for me, pray for my soul. Things with GF looking grim. IF it gets taken care of I'm 100% making SFU this weekend. Eric, how do u plan on getting there???

Darkmusician

Smash Master

Also, I'm calling it right now. Dieslow will be first on BC PR for Brawl if/when we decide to make one >.>

Everyone: Pray for me, pray for my soul. Things with GF looking grim. IF it gets taken care of I'm 100% making SFU this weekend. Eric, how do u plan on getting there???
Hang in there Adam!!! You got this. :]

Blunted_object10

Smash Master

Im driving to Tieps house then Tieps driving myself and Ryan to SFU.

lol i think we should make a ssb64 PR as well... whos up for it?

and then after the 1st tourney for Brawl make a Brawl PR!

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
DONT ADAM DONT DO IT!!! . its sooo weird lol but there discovering stuff EVERY day aka the weird throws fox trotting (what seems to be the new dash dancing but i think better) dede's supposid chain throw(havent seen it) and all sorts a cool stuff i think this game may acculy have some competitiveness in it soon but... infinite shining against a wall is aparntly as easy as holding down and pressing b repeatdle(havent seen this either but so ive heard) and il be first in brawl pr RAWR!!!! (hopefully lol)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
pff you're letting yourself down already!? (Hopefully!? lol) You need to have absolute confidence in yourself and have no doubt within yourself if you really want to stand a chance to be 1st on the PR... =)

If you don't have the correct attitude RIGHT NOW IN THE MOMENT, you will never have it.

x_nintensity_x

Smash Journeyman
I was taking a look at this, i pretty much loled

"NIK FTW! he has the coolest hair, im not even joking, i dont care what hongers/nammers say!

ps: nick, lend me some hairspray."

(can you guess who said it?) -- someone said this when i was reading 676 pages worth of spam ><

edit: nvm, 749 pages of spam >_>

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
copypasta:

some BAD DUDE hackzords through smashboards and got a list of e-mails and stuff. the power admin would like you to consider changing your passwords. actually you should. read below.

Superman said:
One, the individual in question sent out an email blast to a number of users that contained a message advertising his site. He also obtained a list of members' email addresses, but claims that he will delete it. We also have reason to believe that this individual may have obtained some potentially sensitive information from our database. I recommend that any users who may have supplied some sensitive information via threads, posts, or PMs (such as usernames or passwords) change that information as soon as possible--while it's not necessarily likely that that information has been stolen, we cannot be absolutely sure about what information was taken.

In addition, I would like to suggest that all users change their account passwords. A good password will contain a mixture of letters (capital and lowercase), numbers, and symbols, and be at least 8 characters long. I also recommend you choose a password unique to this site so as to not endanger any other accounts you may have with the same password elsewhere. To be clear, we have no reason to believe that any of your account passwords have been compromised--even if they were indeed taken, they are stored only in an encrypted form that is not readily decrypted by modern technology.

Lastly, I'd like to note that the Revolution style will temporarily be the only style that will be available. We expect to re-enable the other styles shortly.

unityole

Smash Lord
TY for the warning, changing psw will do!

**Only few days away, heres the vital info again for those who might be interested and not know about it**

We want to expand our community and you can help us grow by just showing up and play ! This will be on the Feb 16th, yay another Saturday =O and once again it is on SFU campus, Engineering lounge.

As expected, there will be SSB64 and Melee. We will have people arrive at 10-11 am and start as soon as possible, 11 am / noon so hopefully we can end it early.

Events / Prizes:
- Melee Singles Tournament + Doubles
- SSB64 Singles + Doubles

Melee Singles - $10 per player, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 70/20/10.
Melee Doubles - $10 per team, best of 3, 4 stocks no item, time 8 minutes. Pot % 70/20/10.
SSB64 Doubles - $6 / team, best of 3, 6 stocks no item. Pot % 80/20
SSB64 Singles - $5 / player, best of 3, 6 stocks no item. Pot % 70/20/10.

All singles tournaments are seeded through pool/round robin, double elimination brackets.
All doubles tournaments are seeded through round robin or single elimination bracket.
Semis and Loser's final are best of 5, all finals best of 7.

Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, ranked by seeds.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City and Mushroom Kingdom due to cloud, piller and edge camp.
- For Melee, I'll leave it to the veteran.. all the regulars, banned stages, bug abuse etc... (rules will be from the 1st page of BC Canada Thread, the standards)
- All doubles, team attack ON, life stealing is allowed.

Our Equipments:
3 Setups for SSB64, 1 setup for Melee. Cheap snack food and pop machine!

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Events will take place in engineering lounge just like last time.

Others:
**Our lounge ain't that big, if you're here only for the melee tournament, I would ask no more than 16 players here just for melee. Of course, if you're here for both, its totally fine :)
(please do realize that abusing this would lead to of me asking some people to leave/ go home, just PM me in advance, you do have 3 weeks...)

Controllers will be provided for SSB64. It is required to bring a controller for yourself if participating in Melee. You are welcome to bring another Melee setup as the tournament will run more smoothly =)

**I will be honest. I am going to purchase food / snack such as pizza / chips but since I am such a big fan of SSB64 and also because of Melee as a smaller event, only the players who join SSB64 singles may have free pizza :o, unless prepayed.

Any other details, just ask me in person or post under the thread, I will get back to it as soon as possible.

Finally, YES THIS EVENT include both Melee and SSB64, NO BRAWL YET.

UPDATES

Players confirmed
Unityole
Wayne
MSC
Jeremy
Stephen
Tuan
Panda
Gavin
Meta
xXx_NoobKing_xXx
Blunted_object10
Bwmat
AIDS
omgitswill (and 2-3 of his friends)
Spacefalcon
Patooty
Crackhead
Josh
Kuinn
Travis
Willy
Anthony
Hitsugaya
Piegopher
Matthew
x_nintensity_x

Players unconfirmed
Holyman
Kham
- (his cusins' friends)
Genesis FTW
Prince Loki
Rip the Jacker - can't make it, good luck to your album recording !!!

64 ers
Anthony
Blunted_Object10
Bwmat
Crackhead
Gavin
Jeremy
Josh
Kevin
Matthew
Meta
Mike
MSC
Panda
Patooty
Quinn
Stephen
Tuan
Unityole
Wayne
Willy
xXx_NoobKing_xXx

Melee ers
AIDS
Blunted_object10
Bwmat
Crackhead
Genesis FTW
Hitsugaya
Meta
Omgitswill
- (2 to 3 of his friends)
Patooty
Piegopher
Spacefalcon
Travis
Tuan
x_nintensity_x
xXx_NoobKing_xXx

Players onhold
none..

Equipments Confirmation
SFU - A setup for SSB64
Unityole - TV
Willy - SSB64 + N64
Panda - N64 + RF switch
Meta - 2 TVs + 2 SSB64 + N64 + GC + Melee
Bwmat - TV
Blunted Object - A setup for Melee
Hitsugaya - A setup for Melee
AIDS - GC + Melee

Patooty

Smash Ace
Hey Jack, you missed me for 64 :)

Also, for anyone who missed chet's post on the previous page (don't 40ppp > 10ppp me, that's not the issue at hand):

Go back a page and read chester's post asap

Top Bottom