• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

piegopher

Smash Rookie
Yo all- Was good to meet a lot of you at the tournament (I was the 'some guy' or 'that guy' usually playing doc)

I kinda pooped out right before the melee singles though- I played y'all enough to know where I was in the results (low!) and 5 hours of Smash was plenty for one day!

I was also glad to see there were a bunch of guys there at more or less the same level as me :) gives me hope for the future! Too bad I didn't get to know this group sooner though- Maybe I could've grown past the skills my current group.... ahh well :) There's always Brawl!

unityole

Smash Lord
It's never enough!!! A true warrior can play smash for 15 hours straight without his hands hurting one bit!

*Fist to Chest* HOO!!!
there were people that usually plays melee singles but didnt join, like around 3 or 4 of em, and there were also around 3 people for melee did not show up due to some business, but all in all we were in the room for nearly half a day :O

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
GUYS GUYS HOLY CRAP NINTENDO OF CANADA DOESN'T TOTALLY SUCK

Smash Bros Brawl. Tournament

Compete by timed eliminations with a "last one standing" concept. Qualifying rounds and Semi-Finals will be held locally. The Finals will be held in Toronto, ON. and regional winners will be flown there by invitation of Nintendo Canada.

GRAND PRIZE

Win a Trip for 2 to the Nintendo World store in NYC!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl prizing will be awarded to all semi-finalists.

Qualifying Rounds
April 4-6, 11-13, 18-20

See below for locations
Fridays 5pm - 9pm
Sat. & Sun. 12pm - 4pm

Regional Semi-Finals
April 26

*Visit participating stores for exact tournament times and dates.

National Finals
May 3 - Toronto, ON (Details to follow)

Locations (Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax):
English: http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersite/display_info.cgi?id=23801&lang=en&pageNum=7
French: http://nintendo.ca/cgi-bin/usersite/display_info.cgi?id=23801&lang=fr&pageNum=7

This is new and exciting territory for Canada. Timed is uh oh though.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I saw the NOA one and thought Canada was gonna get the shaft as usual. Happy to see this :)

Expect timed FFA matches with items though...

Metà

Smash Master
Alright, for those who didn't read my other posts mentioning this, I will be holding another SFU tournament. It will be a two-day event (most likely) and will feature all 3 smash games. The tentative title (likely to stay) is SFU 3: XFD SSBB SUCKS SH*T

jk SSBB is awesome, I just like that title XD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Alright, for those who didn't read my other posts mentioning this, I will be holding another SFU tournament. It will be a two-day event (most likely) and will feature all 3 smash games. The tentative title (likely to stay) is SFU 3: XFD SSBB SUCKS SH*T

jk SSBB is awesome, I just like that title XD
What the hell do you go to LL. Or is this a 4chan meme.

Rampage

vx
Yo all- Was good to meet a lot of you at the tournament (I was the 'some guy' or 'that guy' usually playing doc)

I kinda pooped out right before the melee singles though- I played y'all enough to know where I was in the results (low!) and 5 hours of Smash was plenty for one day!

I was also glad to see there were a bunch of guys there at more or less the same level as me :) gives me hope for the future! Too bad I didn't get to know this group sooner though- Maybe I could've grown past the skills my current group.... ahh well :) There's always Brawl!
Doc?

*FALCON PAWNCH*

lol sand baggage

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I just noticed that since I didnt bring my laptop this last tourney. It had a really rough start. Maybe I should start bringing it again.
Robbie can record with his laptop and I can set up brackets

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I just noticed that since I didnt bring my laptop this last tourney. It had a really rough start. Maybe I should start bringing it again.
Robbie can record with his laptop and I can set up brackets

NO way John u suck at brackets. *jokes*

That tournament was cool and all, save the fact that Eric prevented me from taking first... err... playing against Tiep in the Grand Finals >.>

EDIT: ...taking first.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
GUYS GUYS HOLY CRAP NINTENDO OF CANADA DOESN'T TOTALLY SUCK

Compete by timed eliminations with a "last one standing" concept. Qualifying rounds and Semi-Finals will be held locally. The Finals will be held in Toronto, ON. and regional winners will be flown there by invitation of Nintendo Canada.

This is new and exciting territory for Canada. Timed is uh oh though.
Hahah. Awesome find bro.

EB Games
Richmond Centre, Richmond (604-278-0477)
Park & Tilford Mall, North Vancouver (604-980-5210)
Metropolis at Metrotown, Burnaby (604-439-1705)

=)

Metà

Smash Master
Someone needs to organize a smashfest for Brawl. After those few games I played on saturday, I'm so excited to start training! I think I'm going to either main ROB, Puff, or Marth, but I've only played 4 characters so far.

can't wait >_<

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Is it really FFA's with items?
No news on the rules. Anyone know someone working at those locations? I'll probably attend multiple times if possible. And hopefully at least one of the days where none of you are there :laugh:

Or I might have to trek up to Park & Tilford like Noypi (who I don't know the name of) >.>;

Patooty

Smash Ace
I'm not sure, but my guess would be that there would be some Nintendo reps running the tournament. If not, then everyone should call their local EBs to see if we can get them to adapt some rulesets - (you know, give this community a fair and balanced chance at winning through skill and not FFAs). Even if this is just regionally, it should help people in our community to win the regional championships if it was 1v1 no items (based on skill lol).

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
I have all the brackets saved on my computer....i dunno if this post is random or not, i just saw a post about brackets, but was too lazy to read it to get the context....someone talk to me on msn if brackets are requested.

ngstinc

Smash Rookie
For the gva smashers who didn't pre-order: where are you guys picking up your copy of brawl? are there any midnight openings? if not, which stores will open earliest?

unityole

Smash Lord
Someone needs to organize a smashfest for Brawl. After those few games I played on saturday, I'm so excited to start training! I think I'm going to either main ROB, Puff, or Marth, but I've only played 4 characters so far.

can't wait >_<
(anything happening 3rd week of march? let me kno if there are any conflicts)
prob gonna have another one 3rd week of march but im gonna have to save up a bit
not that i dont have enough money, just spent too much in the last couple of days.

3rd week of march, march 15th should be my next tournament.

it will feature melee singles/doubles, 64 singles/doubles, and brawl singles..? and maybe crew.. not sure what crew really is about though.

anyway i can almost certain that 15th will be the date of my next tournament and please do start registering now, we had just enough people and the people wasnt really squeezed.
i am expecting around 20 meleers again, since there are some ppl didn't join melee singles nor doubles last saturday.

post and pm i guess would do the trick, i will constantly check my pm box :o
i will make the tournament thread as soon as i finish my dinner, hungry as hell!

Edit: and to John or Tiep, thanks for bringing brawl out after the tourney was over, that was very considerate of you, n thank you for bringing it :O

unityole

Smash Lord
Jack, we should do SSBM singles/doubles, SSB64 singles, and Brawl singles. Four events max
that would work, or WE COULD HAVE MORE SETUPS!/?? everyone?
thanks for those who brought their setups and equipments, great help man.

we only had 5 but things went smoothly, it was enough.
if we having all sort type of events, more setups would help, the room can hold at most probably 7, and theres that refuge area outside.. so 8 in total xD

anyway,
***** the date of this event is changed due to GC again.. :(, I heard GC this time will be on 3rd week of march, so SFU tournament will be changed to 8th *****

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I have all the brackets saved on my computer....i dunno if this post is random or not, i just saw a post about brackets, but was too lazy to read it to get the context....someone talk to me on msn if brackets are requested.
Post em'. Panelists all need access to that in order to help determine new PR rankings =).
Please and thankyou Robbie. ^_^

(anything happening 3rd week of march? let me kno if there are any conflicts)
prob gonna have another one 3rd week of march but im gonna have to save up a bit
not that i dont have enough money, just spent too much in the last couple of days.

3rd week of march, march 15th should be my next tournament.

it will feature melee singles/doubles, 64 singles/doubles, and brawl singles..? and maybe crew.. not sure what crew really is about though.

anyway i can almost certain that 15th will be the date of my next tournament and please do start registering now, we had just enough people and the people wasnt really squeezed.
i am expecting around 20 meleers again, since there are some ppl didn't join melee singles nor doubles last saturday.

post and pm i guess would do the trick, i will constantly check my pm box :o
i will make the tournament thread as soon as i finish my dinner, hungry as hell!

Edit: and to John or Tiep, thanks for bringing brawl out after the tourney was over, that was very considerate of you, n thank you for bringing it :O
Jack I know this sounds a little... demanding and out of the ordinary... but could you PLEASE make the next SFU tournament on the 14th? I'm going to Gameclucks with Kage on the 15th and I REALLY want him to experience a local BC tournament while he's here. If you dont' mind making it on the Friday (14th) I would DEFINETLY come and help organize/run both SSB64 & Melee. If you could do this, it would be awesome of you.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
No news on the rules. Anyone know someone working at those locations? I'll probably attend multiple times if possible. And hopefully at least one of the days where none of you are there :laugh:
I feel bad for all the casuals who are going to get owned at Richmond Center and Metrotown :laugh:

unityole

Smash Lord
Jack I know this sounds a little... demanding and out of the ordinary... but could you PLEASE make the next SFU tournament on the 14th? I'm going to Gameclucks with Kage on the 15th and I REALLY want him to experience a local BC tournament while he's here. If you dont' mind making it on the Friday (14th) I would DEFINETLY come and help organize/run both SSB64 & Melee. If you could do this, it would be awesome of you.

sorry to disapoint you Adam but I can only use the space we had only on weekends, or during breaks when there is no school. There are few reasons that we can't and Eric said one that everyone has school, if we were to do it, we won't be able to start till in the late afternnon, I myself have classes to attend to too, so we won't have enough time.

Theres also the fact that our lounge is made for engineer students, not just used by me. I could get permission from the student pres but as far as I know that it's still a lounge for students, means other student can come in anytime they want to eat/ relax. On a Friday, it's impossible since there are plenty of students here using lounge to do homework/ eat or play games, there is no way we can have a tournament happening in the lounge and tell those people to leave.

I hope you understand that, and I've just changed the date to March 22nd.. sorry for the change of dates again, some people told me they needed more time to book off work.. etc

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
LysanderBlack, today you said there was a Brawl banned stages list? Link me to it? I've looked but can't find one. Like I said, as far as I know there is no banned stage list and there shouldn't be for months... but I want to see it if there is one!

Top Bottom