• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Z-r0w

Smash Rookie
Where the heck did you hear that?! If you go straight from secondary then ya you need ~90%, but transfer from other post sec generally only need like 3.0 - 3.2 GPA, even on the SFU websites it says in the past the transfer GPA is only like an avg of 2.8 GPA.
It says it on the website but applying to business is tough i've known people who have gotten rejected with high 3.0 GPA's. But I can apply to general studies and easily get in that way.

unityole

Smash Lord
It says it on the website but applying to business is tough i've known people who have gotten rejected with high 3.0 GPA's. But I can apply to general studies and easily get in that way.
to get into business from highschool, min GPA is 3
from other institution i think its also 3, or maybe they just try to get the average to 3, of all your glasses that is.

Z-r0w

Smash Rookie
to get into business from highschool, min GPA is 3
from other institution i think its also 3, or maybe they just try to get the average to 3, of all your glasses that is.
Well i'll definitely look further into it because it looks like there are quite a few SFU smashers....oh yea and the school's good....but smash first.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Never seen a star on WarioWare so if there are stars then nvm.
Delfino plaza is probably one of the best stages there is. A lot of people will argue to keep it on.
FireEmblem is not a hazard stage.
Halberd nothing is random. Its probably one of the most entertaining levels.
Pokemon Pillar well i've seen a few people use it as a counter pick in tourney.

And no I dont have all stages. Theres like 1 or 2 stages I dunno how to unlock.

Metà

Smash Master
Never seen a star on WarioWare so if there are stars then nvm.
Delfino plaza is probably one of the best stages there is. A lot of people will argue to keep it on.
FireEmblem is not a hazard stage.
Halberd nothing is random. Its probably one of the most entertaining levels.
Pokemon Pillar well i've seen a few people use it as a counter pick in tourney.

And no I dont have all stages. Theres like 1 or 2 stages I dunno how to unlock.
Well, since you don't have all the stages, that probably explains why the random stage select option hasn't been unlocked yet (assuming it's in).

About the moving stages, I watched a video on each of those 3 stages, and they seem just fine to me. However, I don't think they should be neutral stages; we didn't have Rainbow Cruise on random and it has no hazards (MLG has it on random sometimes, I think). Neutral stages should be simple, stationary stges IMO.

Also, how is Luigi's Mansion? Should we allow it as a counter-pick? Also, I think you left out Rainbow Cruise.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Well Evan, those stages just really have moving backgrounds. Not really a moving stage like Rainbow Cruise where you had to keep up with the scrolling. I wouldn't mind them going neutral at all as they really don't give any benefit to one character over another. Delfino is the only one that really changes like Mute City. Castle Siege and Halberd don't really do anything at all.

Stages I had for counter-pick but not John:
Rainbow Cruise
Mario Circuit*
Luigi's Mansion
Bridge of Eldin
Great Sea
Yoshi's Island*
Onett
Norfair
Electroplankton

I think those should at least be given a chance. Maybe not Mario Circuit and Yoshi's Island. Onett hasn't changed so it's basically got the same controversy as Melee did, except now we don't have waveshining Fox.

Oh and I had Port City banned while John didn't. I could go either way on that one considering my thing was the cars which can KO at under 100% easily, but if you memorize the stage I guess they are avoidable?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure you can DI out of Fox's infinite shine (and Pikachu's infinite) by pushing into him. You will push them away and can escape. I haven't read up too much on it, but I do remember seeing that said a few times.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Electroplankton banned fo sho.

Delfino, Halberd, Starfox stage, and stages similar to those can't even be compared with rainbow cruise. If you take away all the pretty graphics, it's basically like a tourney stage, turning into another tourney stage (the platforms flying around, and then landing on the ground). Rainbow cruise on the other hand is really more like a moving stage.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Why is Electroplankton banned though. I've never really seen any issues with it. The only one is that apparently tether characters can get confused, and for that, tough =/

It's a counter pick stage, and in Smash, stage is chosen before either character. It's the up+b that's gimped so you can still recover, just poorly. You're taking the character full-well knowing you have a disadvantage. Are there more issues with it?

Oh and Lylat Cruise doesn't even morph. It's just like FD in that the background changes. By the way, what do people have against Great Sea? The canonballs?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Electroplankton stage is sort of campy (Bottom left/Top left)
Just trying to get to the bottom left side will cause you to suicide almost
Meta knight can also stay on the bottom right and spam the A move and make the thing go up and down and as someone tries to get on they will get hit by his attack and get knocked off and force back to where they started. They can try to come from the top but then it would take way to long to fall and would just get usmash/tilt and theres almost nothing they can do.

Meta vs Ganon on that stage Meta can 3 stock Ganon no problem.

The stage is like 6 platforms on one side and 4 more on the top left and then 1 in the very bottom left.

I would even say WarioWare stage is more balanced then this even with starman.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Oh. Well that makes sense. I guess this stage is similar to that Donkey Kong stage with the waterfall in the background in Melee?

I can't believe I still don't know the names of some of the Melee stages.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm still gonna go on Friday at Metrotown. I'm already signed up so I might as well. The prizes are good, but the tournament format is just so ugh.

Rampage

vx
Hey, I was wondering. Could we have a Weekly smashfest or something? If anyone is willing to host something once everyweek or two that would be swell.

No richmond plz kthx

Rampage

vx
Come one man do you have any idea how long it takes to get from here to richmond and back?That's at least a good 3-4 hours

Walk -> bus -> bus -> skytrain -> bus -> bus -> walking

Rampage

vx
agreed with dark
Thanks for your opinion

anyways Yeah, I know. but there are a lot of good smashers in vancouver and van is like 1 bus ride away, we have to take like 3 bus' and the skytrain and more bus' after that. and there are only 5 coco smashers We want to play other too you know.

anyways yeah dark good point but how often would you guys come to coquitlam for a smashfest? Really. :ohwell:

Z-r0w

Smash Rookie
well has anyone looked into any lan centres? I remember seeing one (in aldergrove though...) that had a TV and a cube in the back and it was like $4 an hour.

Top Bottom