• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Patooty

Smash Ace
Fake. Although there are real variations on the e-card virii, this postcard virus is a hoax.

That said though, there's no reason you should be opening any attachments that you weren't already expecting. It's like asking for trouble.

Rampage

vx
I'm a something =/ ?
Jess, I lost my copy of the excel file... could you PM darkdragon8, the guy who started this thread?

TROY SEND ME THE SMASHER REFERENCE.

What is falco's infinite? And yeah crews are fun. I am free after 3 on Saturday. LET'S PLAY THE GAME.
You're updating?

If you would please change

Zero_P to Rampage

and have fox/falco instead of just falco. thank you

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Willing to put money on that?! :p

Bobby I might go to that depending on money. Im trying to save up for school tuition and dont want to spend to much.
I am building a fund to help buffer costs for OOS. I know how tough travel can be. 40 hour bus ride zomg. So if you can give me an estimate later on how much tickets will cost, I can come up with a fair discount for you.

We still have lots of time till the summer and I want this to be the biggest Hawaii tournament of all time. Who knows how much time I have left to be a gamer...

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
That retail Brawl event I talked about (might've been MSN) was pretty bad. Friend had a ticket so I went with him. WiiMote only and it was really annoying. Wasn't fun at all =( Entered our names in a draw for Brawl and left after half an hour. They kept telling us to put the wiimote strap on even though there's no motion controls o_o

Metà

Smash Master
Sorry Yakal, I talked to Keith, he said Roby's busy tomorrow. You can smash at my place for a while if you want though. Sometime mid afternoon. If you can make it, bring your sensor bar, SSBM, and/or VCR.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Who has SSBX and WIFI! I need more people to play! I only have Dieslow and Dday!
Just wait 7days =P Although I'm gonna be doing SSE for 2 days straight until I'm done @_@

Tournament Organizers
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142678

Read that and act accordingly! To edit your tournament title, just go to the topic list and double click the line with the title.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
F-ing DDAY!!!! XD
That's RIGHT! Remember that INTENSE finish against Oregon? Mark was up 3 stocks but for someone who'd played the game for like 6 months I'd say he did pretty **** for his first tournament.

He's even a member now. http://smashboards.com/member.php?u=42372

John: Once I get working I'll purchase a router and modem so I can have a good signal for Wi-fi =-D.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Play me on Wifi Adam! hehehe
And while your at it see if you can come to Hawaii in august. I'm putting together a tournament something special. =) If costs if a problem I can help with that.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
B B B B RaWl!!!!! Btw wifi tournys weekly? Ya i think so ;p should be fun organizing these

JDZL

Smash Rookie
man, i haven't even played brawl yet. and i wasn't so great at melee.
but i signed up under washington.

see y'alls around.

Supertramp

Smash Cadet
new here, looking for good players

howdy,

My name is Marshall and I live in Vancouver, just outside of UBC. I have been playing melee for a few years and I cant seem to find any good players at all asides from my brother's Sheik. I literally have asked every person I know if they think they are good at ssbm, and expectedly ruined them. Its almost like the game was more fun before I began to truly progress at it.

I realize that because of this, how subpar my game probably is. Even though I can drillshine a marth around a stage, I only expect wavedashes from Sheik players. Even though I can shffl fairs into ken combos without thinking, I have never players a competent shine spiker.
I need help. I can do everything with marth and fox, shot of consistently backwards SHDL with fox because I cant break the habit of short-hopping falcos SHL with the y-button.

I am hoping to squeeze in a few melee matches against decent players in the area, before I begin to utilize the advanced techniques in Brawl (which, to agree with M2K, seem lamely remade). If anyone there are any people in Vancouver who are willing to play some standard matches for fun against me, that would be amazing. If there is a list of people in vancouver already on the website, then could someone direct me to it? Thanks.

Supertramp.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
howdy,

My name is Marshall and I live in Vancouver, just outside of UBC. I have been playing melee for a few years and I cant seem to find any good players at all asides from my brother's Sheik. I literally have asked every person I know if they think they are good at ssbm, and expectedly ruined them. Its almost like the game was more fun before I began to truly progress at it.

I realize that because of this, how subpar my game probably is. Even though I can drillshine a marth around a stage, I only expect wavedashes from Sheik players. Even though I can shffl fairs into ken combos without thinking, I have never players a competent shine spiker.
I need help. I can do everything with marth and fox, shot of consistently backwards SHDL with fox because I cant break the habit of short-hopping falcos SHL with the y-button.

I am hoping to squeeze in a few melee matches against decent players in the area, before I begin to utilize the advanced techniques in Brawl (which, to agree with M2K, seem lamely remade). If anyone there are any people in Vancouver who are willing to play some standard matches for fun against me, that would be amazing. If there is a list of people in vancouver already on the website, then could someone direct me to it? Thanks.

Supertramp.
We should get this guy to play with us when I come to Vancouver... He needs a little reality check.. hahaha. I don't know how close UBC is to you guys but I want to own his face right now!!!

unityole

Smash Lord
howdy,

Supertramp.

meh since you're unheard of, you'll prob get wasted by the smashers from this board xD
just a prediction.. :O

anyway there will be a tournament in 3 weeks? March 29th, at SFU burnaby mountain campus. include both melee and ssb64, see if you're interested and test your skills with some of the best BC smashers.

Eric: thnx for reminding everyone about the tourney, i wasn't doing much lately, too much to study xD

Rampage

vx
howdy,

Supertramp.
Come to the tournament at SFU on march 29th. I'm pretty sure you will find a challenge there for sure. It's not everyday that a "New" good player joins...>_>

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
howdy,

Supertramp.
Don't listen to the noobs, especially that Divinokage guy.

There are actually a few talented smashers who live like RIGHT at UBC. Send a private message to "Fox Machine" or the original poster of this thread. They are both UBCers who are good at the game. Unless I get hit in the head by like a Blastoise, I should be joining them come September. There is a list of Vancouver smashers right on the first post of this thread. It's the big picture entitled "BC SMASHERS REFERENCE WTFZ".

This game is so much more fun than you know =P. I am actually a Marth/Fox main myself, so if you have any questions let me know. tha_pimp_panther [at] hotmail.

There are tournaments coming up at SFU, one March 15-16, I believe, and the other in late April. Also, sometimes people will randomly shout "SMASHFEST!" and we'll go to their house and play this smash brothers game.

Welcome to the community.

Metà

Smash Master
Manli, Jack's tournament is on the 29th. Also, when you update the Smasher's list, could you put Puff/Sheik/Fox? If not all three, just put various. I'm a dedicated tri-main now.

Top Bottom