• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Patooty

Smash Ace
jea right.

it played out more like this:

*Manuel didn't forget my controller at some dudes house on the day of crews so I ***** Ganon with my tail*

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
LOL I forgot your controller? No one told me I was supposed to bring Tiep's controller. And since Ryan had his, I just assumed you had yours?

Come guys, don't let it come to this. The point is you guys winning was a freak of nature. You guys defeated Kage readily, went even with me, and somehow even with john. And somehow John lost that match against Eric.

The other point is I smell a rematch.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
No I dont hear.
They have some top players but top and best are completely different things ;)
Lol went even with me?

Kage - Took 5 stocks from Tiep with his 7 - Total 5
Manuel - Took 2 from Tiep and 3 from Ryan with his 6 - Total 5
John - Took 3 from Ryan and 6 from Eric with my 7 - Total 9!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I just realized a post of mine from a while ago didn't go through. John, what do you think about Great Sea in Brawl? I really do like it, but can see people finding the canonballs to be maybe an issue. I think it should be available for counter-pick at least at the start.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
No requirements.

I like great sea. I dont think the canonballs are an issue. The thing I think would be an issue is the boat spikes people. And when falling after the tornado causes a lot of different gravity.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
That's one crew battle, how about the other?
I recall you getting camped on PS by Tiep's Fox.

R A N D O M : just give me your first name and main character. And uh, promise you'll actually play smash. Lol.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
No requirements.

I like great sea. I dont think the canonballs are an issue. The thing I think would be an issue is the boat spikes people. And when falling after the tornado causes a lot of different gravity.
Well, the boat only spikes if you actually hit it at the front (don't think the back spikes). I think the falling after the tornado shouldn't matter too much. Different gravity doesn't last too long and isn't too detrimental as a result of that. It's not like it's not obvious it's happening. I just didn't remember seeing it as a counter-pick on your list and believe it should be.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Come one man do you have any idea how long it takes to get from here to richmond and back?That's at least a good 3-4 hours

Walk -> bus -> bus -> skytrain -> bus -> bus -> walking
I bussed 40 hours on a greyhound to get to 0C3 in the summer... then I did the same thing on the way back. >.> No bus johns plz xD

How does one get on the list of Smashers in B.C.? Any skill requirements?
Play the game.

Crew match 4 melee: Team Richmond (w/noobking) vs "Team Better". Then we do Richmond (w/out noobking) vs NewWest(w/noobking)/Surrey vs Vancouver/Burnaby???

Why aren't we doing Crews for Brawl? I think that'd be really awesome. Any thoughts?

TROY: Brawl is already getting boring for me. Then again, I've yet to connect to Wi-fi and play people from different places all over the world >.>

Rampage

vx
I bussed 40 hours on a greyhound to get to 0C3 in the summer... then I did the same thing on the way back. >.> No bus johns plz xD

Play the game.

Crew match 4 melee: Team Richmond (w/noobking) vs "Team Better". Then we do Richmond (w/out noobking) vs NewWest(w/noobking)/Surrey vs Vancouver/Burnaby???

Why aren't we doing Crews for Brawl? I think that'd be really awesome. Any thoughts?

TROY: Brawl is already getting boring for me. Then again, I've yet to connect to Wi-fi and play people from different places all over the world >.>
You didn't have to get off and on bus' lol It is not fun...and OC3 wasn't even near here

I'm not too excited about playing other people around the world...I'm sure most of the time all you'll get are noobs?

But with friends will be a blast!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
You didn't have to get off and on bus' lol It is not fun...and OC3 wasn't even near here

I'm not too excited about playing other people around the world...I'm sure most of the time all you'll get are noobs?

But with friends will be a blast!
Okay, nothing can ever top Robbie, Scotts, Tony's, and my trip down to SoCal. So GG there.

I agree with everything else you're saying here though.

dieslow

Smash Ace
i regret going. that was the dumbest / longest trip ever.

+ greyhound is for mexicans. we saw many of them. ask adam and robbie LOL

*highlight of the trip*
Robbie: some guy got arrested by cops just as he got off the bus. (he was mexican btw)
Robbie's Mom: "Was he Black? Well would you be surprised if he was?"

Haha

Rampage

vx
You obviously missed my point.

ANYWAYS

@ Evan

I'm not sure if you can call that an infinite

Can you DI out of it? If you can't that would be pretty ********

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure nothing tops my greyhound trip from Winnipeg to Vancouver for crappy, but it wasn't smash related and pretty personal. But yeah, worst trip of my life =[

No banning of any techniques yet. Let's not be scrubs about this.

R A N D O M

Smash Rookie
@firexemblem:
I'm friends with a few of the guys on that list, so I wouldn't worry.
First Name: Jess
Melee Main(s): YLink/Sheik

@ Noobking:
You're not missing much with the online unless you have a zippy connection, man. Played a friend of mine who lives 10 minutes away and was getting a tad of lag.

@ Rampage:

Falco's infinte IS an infinite. No DI'ing whatsoever.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I'm a something =/ ?
Jess, I lost my copy of the excel file... could you PM darkdragon8, the guy who started this thread?

TROY SEND ME THE SMASHER REFERENCE.

What is falco's infinite? And yeah crews are fun. I am free after 3 on Saturday. LET'S PLAY THE GAME.

R A N D O M

Smash Rookie
Falco's B-Laser stuns enough that if you don't L-cancel, and the Falco times it right, he can get you stuck in a perpetual "Get shot, fall down, bounce of the ground, get shot" loop, until you go off the edge of something so you're out of the way of the lasers.

Edit: Right, it's the Laser Lock.

Edit 2: Yeayeah, but I could hardly be called a tough competitor. :dizzy: I can get obliterated by pretty much anyone.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Edited cause patooty says so. :]

So as not to waste this post, this summer Hawaii will be holding a large Melee/Brawl tournament.

Melee Singles, Brawl singles, Brawl Teams (possibly crews if time allows)

Out of state smashers that are scheduled to attend are Eggz, Forward and PC Chris.

The tournament won't happen till like early august so there's plenty of time to think about it.

Top Bottom