• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Geist

Smash Master

Also: for GOODNESS' sake, guys, be friendly and encouraging to the newcomers. Don't moneymatch them and take their money. Play friendlies with them and be nice to them. Remember that Sion was a link player, Dieslow was a scrub, and I was even worse when I first started. You never know.

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut
whoever did this gets the finger wag of shame

no

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
OK, it's true, I sucked before all that as well, you got me.

well, I can still beat mike at least, lol. It's getting harder though, good **** mike.

thanks for clarifying that for me.
dayumm u need to be so good to beat me, congrats man. life accomplishment.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'll be bringing a setup too, so if anyone else wants to come, we'll have enough for everyone. Violence, Blunted and myself are going and I think the new Peach player, Kevin, will be there too.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I meant I was being sarcastic. In replying to mike's sarcasm. Actually I feel bad about posting that whole "Lol I suck, well at least I'm better than mike" post. sorry mike.

looking at the pr now, I don't feel I should be above anyone on there.

maybe possibly booshk, because I haven't played against him in forever, but last time won tidily against me as well iirc

Bwmat

Smash Ace
brood war matt.

nah, actually it was a suggested username when I created an AOL account WAAAAAAAAAY back when. In my youthful naivety I thought I would be able to get the username 'matthew'. The AOL software was like 'NOPE', and showed a few alternatives, and this one was the one I picked.

The 'BW" comes from my dad's initials, as he was the one paying for the account.

Kind of a crappy origin story, but at least it wasn't 'matt200' or something stupid like that.

booshk

Smash Lord
I meant I was being sarcastic. In replying to mike's sarcasm. Actually I feel bad about posting that whole "Lol I suck, well at least I'm better than mike" post. sorry mike.

looking at the pr now, I don't feel I should be above anyone on there.

maybe possibly booshk, because I haven't played against him in forever, but last time won tidily against me as well iirc
lol im not even supposed to be on pr i havent been to a tournament in 5 months or something like that

edit: i still arp though
'specially that manuel guy

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
TYES.

Also: for GOODNESS' sake, guys, be friendly and encouraging to the newcomers. Don't moneymatch them and take their money. Play friendlies with them and be nice to them. Remember that Sion was a link player, Dieslow was a scrub, and I was even worse when I first started. You never know.
This reminds me of that time we were at metrotown playing melee on a setup at EB they had out. Then that little 9 year old kid came up and asked to play. Then he picked DK, and proceeded to be comboed harder then any human I've ever seen. Then he held his head down in shame and walked away. It is still one of my greatest memories of playing this game.

The moral of the story is don't be 9 years old.

booshk

Smash Lord
lol i suck icy
one day though

and LOLLL i have ALWAYS remembered those days when they had ssbm setups and have always wanted to time travel back and destroy kids playing on those LOLL
seems so fun

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Hey Mike, if you thinking of joining the 3v1 tournament at Stronghold, make sure you're not against Noobking, Vish and Daltsy, or this might happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4v7ApsD5cE :awesome:

This reminds me of that time we were at metrotown playing melee on a setup at EB they had out. Then that little 9 year old kid came up and asked to play. Then he picked DK, and proceeded to be comboed harder then any human I've ever seen. Then he held his head down in shame and walked away. It is still one of my greatest memories of playing this game.

The moral of the story is don't be 9 years old.
LOOOOOOL!!!

Violence

Smash Lord
I'm going to talk to Otto about starting a combined channel, like MeleePacNorthwest or something, so people can get all of BC and Washington in one place. We upload on so many different channels, it's no wonder not many people have seen our players.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
IMO we should upload all videos to some non-youtube place as well for backup purposes, or at least multiple accounts.

:phone:

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
well if u noob uploaders havent figured out sfu surrey net is on a T-9001 connection then yall fail.

i uploaded those matches at mylers they were like 20-30 gigs total or somethin and it took only like 10 mins.

Top Bottom