• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Violence

Smash Lord
Two questions:

1. Should we increase the price of venue at Magic Stronghold to 7 dollar venue fee, if we also have a full-time professional streamer whose job it is to make, keep up, and run a live stream for the entire length of the tournament?

2. At the Press Start Biweeklies, the lowest price they'll consider is 2 dollars, and I think I'll take them up on that. Is that a problem? At these events, should we consider it basically a smashfest? Should we have some seriouslies recorded for ranking? Small tournament? Or keep things casual?

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Two questions:

1. Should we increase the price of venue at Magic Stronghold to 7 dollar venue fee, if we also have a full-time professional streamer whose job it is to make, keep up, and run a live stream for the entire length of the tournament?

2. At the Press Start Biweeklies, the lowest price they'll consider is 2 dollars, and I think I'll take them up on that. Is that a problem? At these events, should we consider it basically a smashfest? Should we have some seriouslies recorded for ranking? Small tournament? Or keep things casual?
for question 1...

I think we should try the 7 dollar venue fee for the livestream at Magic Stronghold, so I think that's fine.

for question 2...

Yea I'm fine with the 2 dollar fee as well... smashfest + small tournament IMO (money or not for money) basically depends on how many people go.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Also GGs at Eric's today! Edwardo is mad cool too! :D

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Merry Christmas, guys.

1. No, I don't think we need that. We want the venue fee to be as unimposing to new players as possible.

2. $2 is fine, and good for small tournies.

:phone:

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
merry christmas homies. hope erry1 partied safe!

for question 1, i think 2 dollars more for a venue fee to have livestream is a great deal... however i dont think its a good idea right now. i'd wait until the newer players in our community get used to regular outtings and tournaments and then once we have a steady number of attendance at tournaments, then would be a good idea to introduce livestream.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
As cool as that is for Press Start to do that, couldn't we all just go use Stronghold, which is larger and free (except Wednesdays)?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Why would you make it $7? manuel is right, it will just push away new players. It's like when donairs used to be $5.00 exactly and the HST brought it up. I couldn't just walk in and slap down a five bill. That's why we have prices that are .99 cents on the end. It sounds cheaper.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
y isnt it free on wednes?

Fighter's night, where UMvC and SF, etc players play. Since we'd take up space that's for them, we have to pay a $2 venue fee.

Also agreed with Roby. As cool as it would be to have a proper livestream, especially since an extra $2 is pretty cheap for that, a lot of new players probably don't want to pay any extra money.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
aight

I can't leave for 2-3 hours, and takes me like 2 hours to to burnaby. dang, I'll call you tomorrow eric brown falco object blunted. if ur around

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
(4:49:27 PM) Michael Jia Xing Li: naw
(4:49:29 PM) Michael Jia Xing Li: daze will rip u apart
(4:49:40 PM) Michael Jia Xing Li: he will ***** choke slam u
(4:49:47 PM) Michael Jia Xing Li: he will do some triple H ****

relavent LOLOL

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
so funny. adam put down 30$ n like a hundred bux worth of kills for me to mm greg n i did. half way through matches he ***** comes back in the room takes his $ n kills then pretends nothin happ ahhahahaahh it was so funny haha good times

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Nobody is perfect, therefore nobody should be held accountable for what they do?

If I were running Stronghold, I would have kicked Adam out immediately. This is a place where you play games, not where you go to get extremely drunk and drugged. Have you considered that maybe we don't want that kind of thing in our community? Maybe we just want to enjoy the game, and have newcomers come without thinking smash is for alcoholics and potheads. It's one of the reasons my gf hates the game.

Sion

Island of Horizon
oh snap choco gonna be pro at umvc3 looool

that's good to hear, nathan. i hope you have a good read out of it

Top Bottom