• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, which is just that my opinion. I wasn't there but I've known Adam for quite a while. I know he can get a little out of control sometimes. I don't think Mike should have made that post. I understand being upset or frustrated. The thing to do though is talk to Adam in person about this, or send him a PM. Don't make a post like that, and don't be so aggressive in it. All that is going to do is breed anger which doesn't help in resolving a situation.

There isn't a single person in this community who I don't like. Everyone is an awesome person from what I've learned. People just have different tendencies then others. While everyone is entitled to do what they want in life, and do what they need to to enjoy themselves. This community could use to just be a little more thoughtful and mindful of others. Start thinking about other people and new players before themselves.

Just stop for a minute and consider your words an actions before acting on them. Talking down on people and talking behind their back is never going to bring anything good.

Everyone in this community is awesome, and genuinely nice. That's why after years I find myself coming back, not for the game itself, although I do love melee. But because I miss my friends, people who I game with who I truly consider to be friends of mine. That's a rare thing in gaming.

People just need to be a bit more mindful of how others perceive and feel about their actions, and what might offend people. We start caring just a little more, we'll continue to grow as a community, and it will make the game, tournaments and smash fests more enjoyable for everyone.

TL;DR I would make sweet sweet love to each and every one of you if we were stranded on a mountain and it was cold enough.

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
@ manuel. i never said people shouldnt be held responsible for their actions. if adam ****ed up then ya, he should get what is coming to him. however what i am saying is that this isnt a forum for "post your daily issues here", its a forum about a video game. putting adam on blast and posting aggressive **** about/toward him on here doesnt prove or do anything. what mike is doing and always does is just as bad and childish.

pretty much robbie said everything i needed to say in his post, and mike proved my point with his response to robbies post.

Geist

Smash Master
I dunno what happened with Adam at the stronghold smashfest, but I think this would be better suited to be handled in person rather than online.
Just putting it out there

man what's with you and the robots

fine choices. let's play sometime
lool
Robot chicks are hawt stuff
I liked the idea of a long range character that was still pretty combo oriented. And Mu has those sexy trap setups, how could I resist

once I get back to Van we should hang.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Are you planning on hosting weeklies at your place again, Geist? It's always good times there! :D

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah, I only stopped because finals got a bit crazy.
Another thing is that too many people can get a bit overbearing, but I don't like excluding anyone lol
when I'm planning on doing stuff I'll post. I don't know how my schedule will be this semester. I might be able to do saturdays if things play out.

Geist

Smash Master
You've never even come once Sion :<

One time I had like 7 or 8 people plus my 5 roommates there, that's what I mean. I don't mind 3-4 people.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I agree that defamation is not the way to go, and that there are better avenues to address these issues. However, I think that if the community as a whole is being negatively impacted by someone's decisions, then it should be allowed to be a community discussion.

I'm not particularly upset or riled up or anything. It's just frustrating when smashing with friends can't be had because of issues like this. What happened to Keith is just awful. Do you see him around much anymore? I think that selfish decisions are leading to a poorer quality of the smash experience for many of us.

Thus, while I may not agree with Mike's expression of his frustration, I definitely think the cause is legitimate.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
For christmas... I got a hangover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhFDYQHDQY&ob=av3n

Also mike. You never told me ANYTHING to my face. Everyones right. You shouldn't publicize **** like this. I could go on a tare right now and take a piece out of you, but i won't. I'm too nice to do something like that... and friends don't do that to eachother.

To the people of the community who were at stronghold that night: I apologize for my actions.

On a brighter note, my mom has some presents for me that im not getting until the new year when she comes back from victoria so my new years is kinda gunna be like my christmas.

Christmas/new years hybrid? "Christ-years"? "New Christ"? Merry Newmas?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Apologies come cheap when they aren't followed up by redress. In my opinion, the "don't drink/do drugs at smash events" lesson should have been learned after keith got beat up or after the security kicked us out of SFU.

:phone:

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
i played few games of poker when i got home

im osoyoos

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to osoyoos604 [Ks Kd]
raiderrulerz: raises 90 to 100
55snakes: raises 390 to 490
FoxyAhri: folds
osoyoos604: raises 390 to 880
kingkawliga: folds
Alfonso91888: calls 75 and is all-in
tiki hawiian: folds
raiderrulerz: calls 780
55snakes: calls 390

*** FLOP *** [5d Jc 2h]
raiderrulerz: checks
55snakes: bets 550
osoyoos604: raises 550 to 1100
raiderrulerz: calls 1100
55snakes: calls 550

*** TURN *** [5d Jc 2h] [4s]
raiderrulerz: checks
55snakes: checks
osoyoos604: bets 1590
raiderrulerz: calls 1517 and is all-in
55snakes: calls 1590

*** RIVER *** [5d Jc 2h 4s] [Qd]
55snakes: checks
osoyoos604: bets 1130 and is all-in
55snakes: calls 1130

*** SHOW DOWN ***
osoyoos604: shows [Ks Kd] (a pair of Kings)
55snakes: shows [As Ad] (a pair of Aces)
55snakes collected 2406 from side pot-2
raiderrulerz: shows [Ac 9d] (high card Ace)
raiderrulerz leaves the table
55snakes collected 10251 from side pot-1
Alfonso91888: shows [7s 8d] (high card Queen)
55snakes collected 330 from main pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 12987 Main pot 330. Side pot-1 10251. Side pot-2 2406. | Rake 0
Board [5d Jc 2h 4s Qd]
Seat 1: osoyoos604 showed [Ks Kd] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 3: kingkawliga (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Alfonso91888 (small blind) showed [7s 8d] and lost with high card Queen
Seat 5: tiki hawiian (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: raiderrulerz showed [Ac 9d] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 8: 55snakes showed [As Ad] and won (12987) with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: FoxyAhri folded before Flop (didn't bet)

thats how my new years ended, i lose 3.7k play money and thats it.

Top Bottom