• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Wow. This community is as ******** as ever... I miss you guys so much. Also mad props to t3h Icy for that aviary wordplay.

Okay guys, you've convinced me, I'm coming to the seattle tourney.

I can drive 4 other people, but it's not going to be based on fairness or first come first serve. It's going to be based on my bias and favoritism. So I need to talk to a few people and old friends first to see how they're doing. Then if I have spare spots I'll put them up for grabs.
you're still as ******** as ever to I see.

hai gayzzz only cul ppl ride w/ me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AkxFgWCOe0

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Haha, or maybe he just wants to go over the border with people he knows well... Lol. You should think twice about what you say, Roby. I think you would do the same thing. It's reasonable imo.

:phone:

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Basically it means I want to make sure all my old friends are comfortable and have ways to get to the tourney. Then if I have extra room I'll gladly help out anyone I don't know. That's just kind of how life works. I totally would have given you a ride too if you had needed one Roby.

@FrenchToasts, I'll be honest I don't remember you from the Zhu tourney. If you know what I look like though just come up to me and introduce yourself, I would love to meet/MM you. I love seeing new players and how much they've improved in this community.

Just curious who here is still looking for a ride to Seattle? I can't guarantee anything, but I'd like to know who needs rides so I can let them know if I do have a few extra spots.

Genesis FTW

Smash Apprentice
Hi Tiep!!!! How's Japan?? I miss you...

I remember both Yakal and Nathan. I also remember getting wobbled.... I was like....Stop it.

I'll let you both know what's up, I know you're both legit guys, so I have spots available you'll be the first now.

booshk

Smash Lord
-Videos. Perspectives other than mine can teach me a ton about anything, including Melee and Falco dittos obviously. If I'm not watching Shiz or Zhu or Sion or Chops or whoever playing, then it is safe to say I'll be absorbing as much material as I can from my sets with Mango at RoM4.
yo pp loves u

Violence

Smash Lord
Man, I got there too late, just as Mike and Icy were leaving.

I was a pretty salty, but ended up making 40 bucks at the end of the night, so it's all good.

But yeah, for people who don't know, as long as it's not Wednesday, there's an open CRT TV in Stronghold that they don't charge you to play on, so if you bring a set up, you can play on it. I think we've been doing it regularly on Fridays from like 7-11pm, so if people wanna show up and play, go for it.

Violence

Smash Lord
Lemme clarify.

During normal hours, they have many people who enjoy playing SFIVAE and UMvC3, which are played on LCD monitors. This space is the same space to be used for our Melee and the Brawl tournaments, so the CRTs are kept in storage, except one. They were rolled out last night after Eric and Mike left in prep for today's Brawl tournament.

We'll have 6 for the tournament, no problem, but during normal operation hours, usually there's just 1(we can probably ask for 1 more).

FrenchToasts

Smash Journeyman
they basically store the unused tv's in the backroom because you can't have 6 unused tv's takin up a whole back table thats dumb. when me n adam got there there was no tv we had to carry the huge piece of plastic onto the back table

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Who wants to play Melee at Stronghold tomorrow? Violence and I are going, but he'll mostly be playing Magic.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I might be able to come for a few hours tomorrow. What time?

edit:holy **** it's choco, haven't seen you in ages.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm not doing anything tomorrow, so whenever is fine. How about 2pm until whenever?

Edit: New plan in next post.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Alright, just so we're all clear:

Magic Stronghold
Noon until 10pm or later
Tomorrow (Sunday)
Violence brings the setup
Violence, Bwmat, Choco, Diakonos? and myself will all be there

Top Bottom