• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
so

what the quickest way to get there? walk from metrotown or is there a bus or...cause I looked on googlemaps and it's telling me to take a bus from a station that doesn't have that bus lol

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
oh snap, choco is back?? i unno i wanna play some smash again. i wont be able to make the tournament on the 17th since ill be in seattle that weekend, but i plan to start coming out to future smashfests/tournys.

EDIT: yakal wanna meet up at the skytrain and go together? since ive never been there myself.

Violence

Smash Lord
ggs guys.

3 Setups going at once, Mike, Adam, Icy, Blunted, Me, Choco, Yakal, Matt...

Was a good time.

Should we do this one more night before the tournament this week?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
GGs all y'all! :D It was nice to meet you Choco and I hope you come hang out with us when you can! Also sorry to everyone for getting out of hand later in the day. :awesome:

I can go tomorrow. anyone else down? I just wrote my last exam, but I'm going to be kinda busy later in the week w/ performances/rehearsals/writing music stuff
omg so much Melee. I think most people will want a cooldown, but Wednesdays have a venue fee due to Fighter's Night.

If we were to do more Smash on Tuesday (13th), would you guys want to come? Violence (if he's not busy) and I could bring setups. Maybe we could even sneak in another day on Thursday, but that might be too much for others.

What do you guys want to do?

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
gg's to you too icy (and the rest of you from sundays smashfest)... recent news says my mom wants me to stay home this weekend instead of going to seattle to buy a new tv, which means i have no johns for the tourny now

Diakonos

Smash Lord
TYES. See you Sunday, Choco.

Also: for GOODNESS' sake, guys, be friendly and encouraging to the newcomers. Don't moneymatch them and take their money. Play friendlies with them and be nice to them. Remember that Sion was a link player, Dieslow was a scrub, and I was even worse when I first started. You never know.

(eric was always good though)

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'll be sure to chaingrab them. :awesome:

jk

Edit: Actually while on the topic of new players, I've seen a lot of improvement in everyone that's only been around recently. Violence's Peach friend, Kevin has already gotten much better, and while his movement and abilities are still at an early level, he's a smart player and uses what he does use very well. Geist's Falco friend, Harry also has gotten way better and is really motivated to keep getting stronger. It's so awesome to see the passion newer players have.

Yakal also says that the CQ players have all gotten better, and I hope to have some good rematches with them since SFU! :D

This tourney is going to be so ****ing good! :D

Bwmat

Smash Ace
CQ? Does that stand for coquitlam?

because xfd I'm terrible now. Haven't been playing enough due to work and broken hands :(

Bwmat

Smash Ace

Violence

Smash Lord
Ok, regardless of whoever else is going, I'm gonna show up at Stronghold at around 6:30 to 7pm with my setup. If no one's around by 7:30, I'm gonna start money matching in Magic.

Lemme know if you're down to play tonight.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Okay, I'll be going to Stronghold at about 6:45. :D

Who wants to come play Melee with Violence and me? :D

Top Bottom