• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

DolphinBrick

Smash Rookie
Well I play brawl as well and will be moving to Burnaby in September for school, so playing me is an option if nothing else is going on.

Don't let the haters get you down. Most people here enjoy playing melee more than Brawl. :p
lol, cool. I can't even find my melee so I would suck playing against any of the melee community here >_>. I'd be glad to play you, but I'm not that great yet. I'm learning though. Am I allowed to ask for friend codes here?

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Lol pretty sure Tony is going to quit if Tiep/Ryan/Eric leave as well. It just wont be worth the time and effort to go to a tourney with about 10-12 people and also because Tiep always gives him a ride.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
West Coast! So so.. how do you guys feel after Apex? Do you feel empowered? =P Was it tougher than you expected?
Well, I did a lot better against people who I think I'd definitely lose to (M2K, Jman). But after playing Hbox in doubles, I realized how **** good people are at this game. Unbelievable.

I didn't perform what I'm capable of -- otherwise I probably would have ended with Eggm's placing of 9th (he did a great job).

=D I will start going to moar Cali tournaments, though. If they're only $200, that's not too bad!

Stevo

Smash Champion
I think Canada overall did really well
but there was like that one point in the tourney where Canadians just dropped like flies.
I was all excited cause everyone was still in, then all of the sudden, everyone was knocked out.
Im starting a new job right now so hopefully in the near future I can maybe go to another out of country tournament. (last one I went to was OC2 lol)

People are indeed way too good at this game though. If I played consistently (read: more than 2-3 times per year) Im sure I could take em on, or at least keep up.

If people are quitting that just leaves more room for others to step up and take their place!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well, I did a lot better against people who I think I'd definitely lose to (M2K, Jman). But after playing Hbox in doubles, I realized how **** good people are at this game. Unbelievable.

I didn't perform what I'm capable of -- otherwise I probably would have ended with Eggm's placing of 9th (he did a great job).

=D I will start going to moar Cali tournaments, though. If they're only $200, that's not too bad!
You said you can't lose to Foxes what's going on! lol.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Jeez I post a legitimate question and Eric comes in and steals the attention so nobody notices my post lol.

Anyways, if I do indeed move to Vancouver I'll help refill the PR.
Yeah Stevo coming to BC! It's about time, really...

Eric is too good.
We need to have a dinner sometime again, that was good times. Also, come to Norcal with Tim and I and stuff like that still on your smash agenda even after retiring? <3
I'm pretty much at the point where I'll only be going to OOS things because I want to travel more and meet more of the community. Pretty sure Tim's on the same page, you should join us on our escapade Eric (you too Manuel if you're planning on country hopping more lol)

West Coast! So so.. how do you guys feel after Apex? Do you feel empowered? =P Was it tougher than you expected?
EMPOWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
AW YE!!!!!!!!
What did I miss? A tourney? lol

Lol pretty sure Tony is going to quit if Tiep/Ryan/Eric leave as well. It just wont be worth the time and effort to go to a tourney with about 10-12 people and also because Tiep always gives him a ride.
lol true.
I REALLY hope Tiep/Ryan come to something OOS just ONCE more before they go. I heard they did before, I'd love to go to something with them, just because. <3

I love how humblingly ridiculous this game progressed and progresses, I hope it never stops. :D
9th seems much more fitting. ;D
YAY DiakoNorcal?

If people are quitting that just leaves more room for others to step up and take their place!
There is a LOT of up-*** too. Always. You got this guys!
lol ew

You said you can't lose to Foxes what's going on! lol.
I thought it was Falco...? o_O

unknown522

Some guy
I am quitting supser smash brothers.... I have many things to focus on in my life and I'm losing interest in the game.. I'm sure I will see you guys outside of smash from time to time.. but from now on no more smash for me..

Sorry KK I know you wanted to play me, but I will be gone to Vancouver Island anyways..

I will be going to Roby's place tomorrow at 12pm and staying for a while which will probably be my last smashfest, so if you guys wanna see me and play some games before I retire that would be cool..

I know to some people this may look like I'm trying to get attention or something, but I'm just letting you guys know for future tournaments and such..

It has been great playing all of you and I'm sure the smash community will stay strong for many years to come! If any you guys just wanna hang out outside of smash I'm up for that as well! =)
no....

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I'm speechless.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Does everything you post have to be negative? =_=

has anyone seen the project M brawl vids lol it still looks like it needs more work but its gettin there lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80oteBEw8BQ&feature=related
Whenever this happens to any game the community gets divided. (ex. private servers for MMO's) then we'll have everyone debating what should be changed/removed blah blah, a lot will agree/disagree............. just play melee only ;)

Bamesy

Smash Ace
has anyone seen the project M brawl vids lol it still looks like it needs more work but its gettin there lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80oteBEw8BQ&feature=related
That does look fun.
For the most part, I'm seeing that as finally having a good use for my wii. :D
Pretty much like a fun side thing, kind of like Brawl was, but refreshing?

Don't worry. If any of you decide to come over to the west he'll be back.
He said he'd still hang out with peeps, and people visiting from elsewhere are always new and fun to hang out with.
BC really needs to go on a nice roadtrip/OOS thing sometime as a BC tourney instead of hosting one. :/

everyone has quit like 50 times in bc lol
I quit for months at a time. :D

super smash brothers melee
I see what you did there!

don't worry melee will take over your mindset soon
: D
BOOOOSHK

Patooty

Smash Ace
I don't quit.

Bye Eric; I think I've had to face you in 90+% of the local tourneys that we've both been to, and I've only beaten you once (maybe twice?) in all these years. With you gone this means I'm +1 on the PR AND +1 in tourney rankings now muahahaha. I'm getting better right? :ohwell:

srsly though Eric it's been fun, everything all these years. Not just smash. And I think you quitting smash might hurt the smash community here a bit, but not your friends that much, because you've managed to turn smash friends to real friends. GL on w/e it is you decided now should occupy your time. And remember, an official "quit declaration" doesn't mean you're not allowed to play anymore :p

BroBuddyDudeMan

Smash Rookie
Are there any people up for some friendly matches (we're not good enough for tourny) in the Maple Ridge area? My friend and I are getting tired of fighting each other, we need some new styles to play. We got 2 tv's 2 game cubes a basement and no one to play... help us fix this problem.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Are there any people up for some friendly matches (we're not good enough for tourny) in the Maple Ridge area? My friend and I are getting tired of fighting each other, we need some new styles to play. We got 2 tv's 2 game cubes a basement and no one to play... help us fix this problem.
I'll come to your house and teach/play you if you let me live there for 2 days. I have no place to live after today.

SKidd

Smash Master
Does anyone here have Brawl wifi?

and will project m have wifi, does anyone know

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What days are people going to be available for playing when I'm there?

I'm there from the 16th - 22nd but the 22nd is probably a day of flight so I can't do much then.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
I just bought a N64 with 2 GOOD controllers and MarioKart and GoldenEye64 all for 70$
And I'm going back and getting ANOTHER N64 with 2 MORE good controllers and DiddyKongRacing for 60$
So now I have all I need since I had smash64, bomberman64, banjokazooie, donkeykong64 and papermario64 already.

Set for life.
Boots of Travel ftw

SKidd

Smash Master
I'm too young for N64

but paper mario 64 for the win
I love paper mario <333

booshk

Smash Lord
C'mon, someone give KK some information, or someone play with him!! I guess our community is not at its peak right now, a tournament isn't even being hosted! Too many people out of province :(

i guess PM dieslow/sion..

Metà

Smash Master
i got 2nd in teams at a tournament over here

5th in singles out of like 30

wisconsin showed up, and cosmo was ****** everyone with zelda, even bluezaft who is actually really really good (he's from texas)

seriously guys, i had to leave early, but I wouldn't be surprised if cosmo won. I couldn't take a game off his zelda

also, i didn't use jigglypuff once the entire tournament

Top Bottom