• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Not to mention starcraft is the hardest game to be pro at ever >_>.
uh, brawl is the hardest game to be pro at. even if there is metaknight, i cannot play it well.

yeah, I know a bunch of people looking around for AR I & II, i just never questioned if it was a good or decent game. what do you think about it, kenny?
and how much did you get for it?

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
AR 1+2 both for $80, i asked a cousin to get it for me and i would pay him back via paypal. And i got Norturne for $100.

AR 1 has a good storyline, but i believe the gameplay is a bit weird, but it decent.

AR 2 is overall better then 1, except the american version has a GAMEBREAKING Glitch that won't let you finish the game. So you gotta use a glitch to beat the glitch lol.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Dude... "Make it slow." And then, "Make it happen." You know you're in good hands with him. That mustache, and impressive display of medals; the battlecruiser guy cannot be touched. I love falcon, but c'mon, you can't beat that stache.
I believe that the below links will speak for themselves. This will put an end to your pointless contention of Captain Falcon being anything short of the most amazing man in the universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObilqUV81IA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRmvIDznBEU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwbT_myB-Pk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykA7V1DhbjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-0GyHpNoGk

unityole

Smash Lord
Dude... "Make it slow." And then, "Make it happen." You know you're in good hands with him. That mustache, and impressive display of medals; the battlecruiser guy cannot be touched. I love falcon, but c'mon, you can't beat that stache.

EDIT: Not to mention starcraft is the hardest game to be pro at ever >_>.
correction, counterstrike 1.6 and source is the hardest game to be pro ever. fact that there are probably 20x or more cs players than sc players, the korean cs team only ever got to top 15 before they gave up and go make their own cs game.

also, now Dota is probably more competitive and harder game to be pro at than SC. any game involves more player than just single solo, is harder to be pro at. CS > Dota > SC just the fact that koreans cant be good at them, they give up on it.

VA

Smash Hero
dota is only hard by virtue of having a team, the actual skill involved in dota is not all that much. technical skill and reactions are of little use in dota, knowledge and application are all you need. so basically it's not that hard because all you have to do is learn it and do the right things.

unityole

Smash Lord
dota is only hard by virtue of having a team, the actual skill involved in dota is not all that much. technical skill and reactions are of little use in dota, knowledge and application are all you need. so basically it's not that hard because all you have to do is learn it and do the right things.
not when u r invoker and chen, gg

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Not that I know much about either game, but I do know that Starcraft's pro leagues are basically impossible to get into. The only non-korean to ever get into one is an American called Idra, who basically begged to get in, and is one of the lowest ranked there. He was considered the best non-korean player. Quality>quantity. Dota seems to be a very micro based game with absolutely no macro management involved at all, so I can't see it to be comparable when it comes to 1v1 (teams I have no idea). Counter-strike is an FPS -__-.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
also, now Dota is probably more competitive and harder game to be pro at than SC. any game involves more player than just single solo, is harder to be pro at. CS > Dota > SC just the fact that koreans cant be good at them, they give up on it.
Koreans seem to dedicate lots of time to something. They put the effort in to get good at all aspects of the game before they bother utilizing them properly.

Team games involve a LOT more thinking and communicating, which takes time and smarts, not actions per minute or ability to do specifics within a game.

It's like a hockey player that can skate fastest and shoot hardest, but can't pass the puck or cover the point when he should/the right way.

Dota is an application and tactical game more than anything, not a strategical and race game like Starcraft.

CS is also probably pretty tactical, always on the spot decisions and just winging it the best you can. Not much stratagy compared to most games.

Technical skill and reactions are almost nonfactors in dota yeah LOL! The only hard part is the adaptation to apply what you learn to the changing game as it goes on, even more difficult as a team by individually it's very difficult and takes a lot of smarts, prediction and desicion making. All things that lack in things like Starcraft in comparison, which makes up for it in the techniques that need to be practiced and the application of them and other techniques to beat them through pressure and punish rather than predict and prepare. Different practices, 1 can be done on your own time through intense play (SC technical abilities) and one is done through intense disection of play (Dota effective progression)

GG

LMAO

I'm scared of them... >_>

I can't even micro Syllas bear, at least I **** at team stuff. (like doubles LMAO)
Smarts > Practice
;)

Zaigar

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry, but POG is harder to be pro at.

Sorry about the spam; I'm new here. I got excited when I saw a "B.C. Canada Thread." All you need to know about me is in my introductions page. Go there via the "new" link if you didn't notice that.

booshk

Smash Lord
sigh all this argument about what games are better/harder to get at is so unnecesasary, its so subjective you guys will never come to an answer : )
anywaysss lets go to winning land this weekend eric LOLOL

edit: welcome friend i have a large head

manuel lets dittos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeahhhh

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
So much c*ck in this thread.
wtf, who are you?

correction, counterstrike 1.6 and source is the hardest game to be pro ever. fact that there are probably 20x or more cs players than sc players, the korean cs team only ever got to top 15 before they gave up and go make their own cs game.

Melee is the hardest game to be TOP LEVEL PRO at. GG

Also, everything Jack said about CS is true.

Not that I know much about either game, but I do know that Starcraft's pro leagues are basically impossible to get into. The only non-korean to ever get into one is an American called Idra, who basically begged to get in, and is one of the lowest ranked there. He was considered the best non-korean player. Quality>quantity. Dota seems to be a very micro based game with absolutely no macro management involved at all, so I can't see it to be comparable when it comes to 1v1 (teams I have no idea). Counter-strike is an FPS -__-.
Jack is really good at sc, although i don't think he is considered "pro". Also, he is really good at DOTA and alot of other games. I think his opinion counts the most in regards to this.

Sorry about the spam; I'm new here. I got excited when I saw a "B.C. Canada Thread." All you need to know about me is in my introductions page. Go there via the "new" link if you didn't notice that.
POG's? I remember pogs. U have ur slammer and then the pogs. I had the most pimp slammer and won like 80% of the time.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I really don't care how good he is, I know a lot about the game, it's probably the one single thing I can talk about and know for sure I know what I am saying is at least on track. I used to be very good at the game myself, but I stopped playing and only follow the pro scene and stuff like that. Melee is **** compared to SC skill wise, ask any person on the boards that plays both games and they'll give you the same answer. It's just a part of life :).

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Robby u make me so hot.

I really don't care how good he is, I know a lot about the game, it's probably the one single thing I can talk about and know for sure I know what I am saying is at least on track. I used to be very good at the game myself, but I stopped playing and only follow the pro scene and stuff like that. Melee is **** compared to SC skill wise, ask any person on the boards that plays both games and they'll give you the same answer. It's just a part of life :).
k.

unityole

Smash Lord
u dont play those games at the competitive level that i do of course u wont know it =/ also, xiao zi is top 10 in the world, possibly top 5 and he is chinese, not korean. the thing u speak of quality > quantity wasnt true, lots of north american starcraft players were doing good cause of the macro, but nowadays they micro so well too. CS is a FPS game but in teams it has more strategy than starcraft 1v1, way more actually. also Dota team play isnt as easy as u think, 1 mistake could lead to ur team to its doom.

also u should really try to play both games at high level first, see if you can beat Carl at all, and then beat some high ICCUP level korean players, then u can ask that question, which game is harder to be good at.

Melee is **** compared to SC skill wise, ask any person on the boards that plays both games and they'll give you the same answer. It's just a part of life :).
my answer is melee is harder, as a fighting game. Melee u can see everything thus # of mind games are limited, like chess. SC is fog of war type of game, therefore u can pull off random **** and win. I play SC and it didnt take me very long to be good at it. I played it for about 8 months and I took some games off a korean player with ICCUP A- skill level, but ive been playing melee for about 4months now and TOP 10 can still 4 stock me easily.

u know how those koreans do crazy APM, look at smash, they do APS, although may not be as fast as koreans in starcraft, but they have to be **** accurate every fuking step of the way, thats the truth. I can mis my micro on some few parts in SC and could still win the game, but at high level of melee if u miss 1 thing u will probably die.

Metà

Smash Master

Welcome to the community :colorful:

hope to see you at some melee events in the future! :3

Zaigar

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the community :colorful:

hope to see you at some melee events in the future! :3
I will most certainly consider dropping by for events.

my answer is melee is harder, as a fighting game. Melee u can see everything thus # of mind games are limited, like chess.
I would have to disagree. Chess doesn't have a limited # of mind games. ;\

Zaigar

Smash Cadet
It's amazing how people are still awake this time of the night. While I may not be in any position to say such a thing, I still want to stress this fact.

Zaigar

Smash Cadet
It's amazing how people are still awake this time of the night. While I may not be in any position to say such a thing, I still want to stress this fact.

EDIT: I had to say it again since you called me a spammer.

Why post the same thing twice
That one was an accident, this one is the real re-post.

unityole

Smash Lord
I will most certainly consider dropping by for events.
I would have to disagree. Chess doesn't have a limited # of mind games. ;\
theres a smash melee tournament at SFU burnaby 30th, check out the tournament listing for the tourney thread.

also chess has very little mind games, everything you can see on the board, theres almost no mind games about it. smash is different cause it's real time, chess is turn based. and believe it, if u can see 100 moves ahead in chess, and the other guy could see 100 moves ahead, there is no mind games. in 100 moves both u and him will see who lose and win, and mind game will only put u into further disavantage. mind game will only happen when a player calibre say 10 moves vs a player sees 9 moves ahead, then the player with 10 could do some mind games due to the fact that the player with 9 will probably lose even if he tries something fancy.

Zaigar

Smash Cadet
I don't know, chess seems to have unlimited possibilities. I'm not too passionate about it, but I wouldn't say it has "very little mindgames" at all.

unityole

Smash Lord
singles bracket for 30th tourney is up, refer to the tourney thread, or the smashfest thread

VA

Smash Hero
Have you ever played main game? You have 1-3 heroes under your control in microing. Not to mention macroing.

I find WC3 much harder than DotA, items and confusing hero uses, scouting and unit blends are too hard...it has more tech skill that DotA too.

unityole

Smash Lord
Have you ever played main game? You have 1-3 heroes under your control in microing. Not to mention macroing.

I find WC3 much harder than DotA, items and confusing hero uses, scouting and unit blends are too hard...it has more tech skill that DotA too.
HEY YOU NO JoHNS

when r u coming to canada again?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
u dont play those games at the competitive level that i do of course u wont know it =/ also, xiao zi is top 10 in the world, possibly top 5 and he is chinese, not korean. the thing u speak of quality > quantity wasnt true, lots of north american starcraft players were doing good cause of the macro, but nowadays they micro so well too. CS is a FPS game but in teams it has more strategy than starcraft 1v1, way more actually. also Dota team play isnt as easy as u think, 1 mistake could lead to ur team to its doom.

also u should really try to play both games at high level first, see if you can beat Carl at all, and then beat some high ICCUP level korean players, then u can ask that question, which game is harder to be good at.

my answer is melee is harder, as a fighting game. Melee u can see everything thus # of mind games are limited, like chess. SC is fog of war type of game, therefore u can pull off random **** and win. I play SC and it didnt take me very long to be good at it. I played it for about 8 months and I took some games off a korean player with ICCUP A- skill level, but ive been playing melee for about 4months now and TOP 10 can still 4 stock me easily.

u know how those koreans do crazy APM, look at smash, they do APS, although may not be as fast as koreans in starcraft, but they have to be **** accurate every fuking step of the way, thats the truth. I can mis my micro on some few parts in SC and could still win the game, but at high level of melee if u miss 1 thing u will probably die.
cot dayum.

i was up all nite foo.

Top Bottom