• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
It is not a tournament, it is a smash fest. So you are saying we are not allowed to get together and play smash before they return? And during that time they have the oppertunity to go OoP for a tournament?

Sounds a little silly. I think a small tournament would be ok, that way we both have something to do, but a smashfest should not even be an issue right? I think it is a melee one aswell, so that should not affect you right?

You guys are going to play brawl. Didn't you quit melee?
You're getting defensive about the wrong thing. You should be getting defensive about me saying you guys never go out of province after saying so!

AIDS

Smash Lord
You're getting defensive about the wrong thing. You should be getting defensive about me saying you guys never go out of province after saying so!
Sorry, I read it wrong. Anyway, why is it a problem that not everyone pays to go out of province though? We have school, jobs, etc. and if we can't go out of province for a tournament, then having a small get together here should not be a problem right? I don't understand the point to your arguement.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Sorry, I read it wrong. Anyway, why is it a problem that not everyone pays to go out of province though? We have school, jobs, etc. and if we can't go out of province for a tournament, then having a small get together here should not be a problem right? I don't understand the point to your arguement.
No no no no no. I mean that we always say we will at the beginning, then sort of just drop out.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol vanityangel, ggs you jerk. Really ggs with Daltsy, awesome to watch :D
Thanks for comin. And thanks for at least losing in Barlw so I had something to win. ;P

I'm liking melee. Slowly starting to work on some mains and get my game up. Soon I will be goodish and might prove as some competition. First to Daltsy and the vanityangel kind of guests, then Vancouver! :D Don't think I can do it with Link though lol

Well, gotta get cleaning after VAs spill of pink drink on ma floor.

AIDS

Smash Lord
No no no no no. I mean that we always say we will at the beginning, then sort of just drop out.
Yeah lol, I know what you mean. But a lot of the time it is new people who get exited, and then they say for sure! But later on they ask parents and relise that some parents might get creeped out. I think that is what happens most of the time, lol.

unityole

Smash Lord
Any equipment needed?
nope, just bring ur controllers

firestorm: kelowna isnt out of province, i said i would go but only if eric is going, or if i can get a ride.
aids: this saturday isnt just about melee, its also brawl, basically all smash games..

we can switch TVs for different games, prob more melee and more brawl than 64 since we only have 4 TVs.

edit: so far we've got Yakal, Matt, me, Adam, Keith, Manli, Eric, RobyVA coming
people that are unsure are Ced, Robyextreme, Tony, Tiep, Ryan, OmgitsWill, John?
sean, teagan? more?

Metà

Smash Master
I'll be back on August 25th, so in about 2 weeks. Jack, would you be able to host another fest before school starts, that I could go to? Doesn't have to be big, I just want some SSB, lol.

unityole

Smash Lord
I'll be back on August 25th, so in about 2 weeks. Jack, would you be able to host another fest before school starts, that I could go to? Doesn't have to be big, I just want some SSB, lol.
we'll see, most likely no since i work on weekends.
you'll have plenty of time to play cause im making a smashleague and a club, to solve my tournament TV problems. freaking rent TVs for free :o

EVERYONE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS THIS SATURDAY, AND YOUR SETUP JUST IN CASE.
don't be lazy or else we are going to have 4 tvs only with 2 setups and 2 of them won't be used, and everyone would just have to wait to play. BRING YOUR SETUP PLZ, OR ELSE NO PIZZA FROM ME

edit:
EVERYONE BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS THIS SATURDAY, AND YOUR SETUP JUST IN CASE.
don't be lazy or else we are going to have 4 tvs only with 2 setups and 2 of them won't be used, and everyone would just have to wait to play. BRING YOUR SETUP PLZ, OR ELSE NO PIZZA FROM ME

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
you'll have plenty of time to play cause im making a smashleague and a club, to solve my tournament TV problems. freaking rent TVs for free :o
Just 64, or Melee/Barlw as well? If it's something in the evenings/weekends, I might consider it if I get a vehicle then.

If you're starting a club, just keep in mind there's a little more to it than just starting it and letting people run off and do stuff. I dunno what SFU is like, but the biggest thing stopping us from starting a smash club at UVic is the 10 member 2/3 student minimum, which by the sounds of things will work itself out, but we'll see. Just keep in mind that it's a little more orderly than just people coming in and playing (at least, that's the way it is at UVic), but you should be fine, I'm sure.

Any other possible fests before September, ideally during the week? I'm moving back to the mainland on the 16th and I'll be around till early January, but I'd like to get some smash in before I start working in September. I don't know if I'll have a vehicle before then, but we'll see.

unityole

Smash Lord
smashleague we have here is daily for engineering students sort of thing, only for 64 cause we got 64 here everyday.

if you guys got time we can try to go for a weekly thing a smash melee league?
example would be, people coming in every weekend? doesnt matter if they can't make it couple of times as long as the games are played it's fine.

say each player get 4 matches against everyone else, and i'll prob make a site to keep record and stuff, then league ends after the semester ends.... etc

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
no me but rest of bc gogo

alllllsoooo, I'm planning something big, like a tour through the west coast so I can play everyone. I haven't played anyone in the US since like 2000 in San Diego lol. Gotta get my US smash fix sometime. And anyone can tag along. It'll be in about a year or so if it happens. Just an early early heads up.

unityole

Smash Lord
wow gameclucks is so expensive.
yea it cost just 15 to enter and to play friendlies
and as for friends that come along to watch its 5, ummm

i dont really believe in venue fees, but looks like they spent a lot of money on getting the place and TVs and other payouts to staffs

note this saturday, no setup = no pizza, so BRING SETUPS PLZ
unless you're all want to stick to the old school 64, then you dont have to bring anything...

yakal, matt, adam, yang, stephen, me, sean, tiep, ryan, manli, keith
someone grab tony, roby, va, john and eric plz

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I dont have a choice but to charge a venue fee... the rent on the place is almost $850 on its own...
The alternative would be to keep 40%++ of entry fee's.

Most of the large tournaments cost about the same as the GC National also... CH4 is $65 I believe.

Top Bottom