• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Mad props to DK players and people using obscure unpopular characters. MK is just the most generic character; he was on every tv at the same time last tourney. No props to MK, unless it's the prodigy child who keeps taking our money. x_X
QTF. I don't mind seeing a 12yr old dominate with him. Which... also FURTHER proves how gay MK is. But yeah, I don't know about or play brawl at all so just completely disregard what I say =)

Dynamism, perhaps you can help me.

I'm learning to play guitar, but I'm sorta teaching myself. Do you have any tips for me? Or any resources you found really useful? I'm not planning to become godly on guitar, but good enough that I can lead worship at youth group, or be sorta creative with my guitar. I have an electric, but when I'm good I plan on buying an acoustic.

So far, I can play the following chords: D, A, E, Dm, Am, Em, G, C, and F.
I'm somewhat consistent at changing in between chords, but I'm not nearly as good as I need to be to play a song cool-ly. Also my strumming patterns suck.

I've learned what I have by going to http://www.justinguitar.com

Advice?
You got the callices on your fingertips yet manuel? XD It hurst like hell to ACTUALLY get good at a decent pace. You gotta "play through the pain". Essentially, I would reccommend playing until your fingers bleed, and then playing some more ^_^

Metà

Smash Master
Jack, I think you're looking at the wrong issue here. We shouldn't ban MK, we should be playing games that don't have MK in them....

and Falcon is actually good. XD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
talkingchicken: fox in melee takes a lot of skills to be good and fast. DI can prob get you out of most of it's combo. even though fox is somewhat overpowering, it is NOT 3x better than marth or falco. infact its not even 2x better, so in that case it isnt really that broken.

mk on the otherhand is one of the few character in brawl, has almost no lag in almost everymove compare to all the other characters in brawl. it's like auto l cancel. fast and powerful, can trap players with it's b moves, tornado. hardly di out of the tornado cause it is broken and overpower most attacks out there.

tiep: we not asking players to switchmain, mk is not completely banned to what we've talked about earlier. it's just an idea of only able to use MK after losing previous match as a counterpick and albe to use MK when randomed.

evan: i don't agree on the soft ban since it'll just not work, anyone who wants to win with mk will just ignore it.
Or you can stop trying to analyze and trying to make rules for a game you don't play.

unityole

Smash Lord
Or you can stop trying to analyze and trying to make rules for a game you don't play.
or people can stop complaining that MK is too broken and won too many tournies.
but seriously, even I think mk is too broken. can't even DI below the tornado

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
or people can stop complaining that MK is too broken and won too many tournies.
but seriously, even I think mk is too broken. can't even DI below the tornado
Won too many tournies?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182935 (won by Snake/DDD, MK not in top 8)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182217 (won by Wario/Pokemon Trainer, maybe 1 MK in top 8)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182299 (won by Wario/G&W, only MK made 8th)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180643 (won by Wario, 3 MKs, but none in money positions)

I took 4 from the last 6 tournaments (at least, the ones with the 6 most recent posts at the time) in the results forum (the other two were won by MKs, but one of them was M2K playing him, so I think it's justified). Where is the so-called broken character winning tourneys everywhere?

I don't think many people think MK is broken. Overpowered and easy to use, but not broken. And he won ONE tournament in BC. Brawl hasn't degraded to the point where you NEED to play MK to win. You can just as easily say "Ban Snake, since dieslow keeps winning tournaments with him" with your reasoning.

There are other ways to stop the tornado. Diddy's bananas can stop it if you throw it, for example, though I don't think it does damage/makes them trip, but at least it stops it.

Scrubs say "Ban him!". Competitive players say "How can I stop him?". Only when that question has no answer do we say "Ban him!", but that hasn't happened yet. It's only been five months.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
its not like clouderz is unbeatable anyways XD, i know a few people who can beat him consitantly, with dk and snake ect, i can proly beatem if i got some mk practice he and marth are my weak points atm XD

Canadian*Sniper

Smash Cadet
Has anyone tried using Wario as a main to take on MK? Wario practically lives until 300% and has some mean, fast attacks. I would also say DK if you were really good with spacing and timing.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Wario lacks priority. He'd be pretty good against nub MKs because you can murder them with d-air to f-smash. And DK is great, if you can get over the fact that he has no vertical recovery and MK can do laps around stages all day. My anti-MK is still Lucas though (his d-air beats MK's up-b).

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
The new Melee PR is up if you want to find it.

Please do NOT post until Adam, Eric, and Tiep have posted. This is just so they may later edit their posts in case I cannot update it (ie, die, go emo etc.).

Adam, Eric, and Tiep: go post in it right now! Check facebookf or a link if you're too lazy to look for it.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol go emo, that's so true.

DK, Luigi, Lucas, Pikachu, Snake, they all beat MK! DO IT!!!

Clouderz and dieslow are just too good right now. We need to step up our game, get sleep, focus, and do goodness!

Edit: Cool, after seeing that melee PR, I don't feel too far off. I played most of the players on there and did alright. With some work I could get back into my melee form and maybe win some mms next time lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Sooner than later is good yeah. Who wants to start? Tony and someone has to be panelists, should David be one cause he's a top player? I don't think he fully understands the whole concept though.

PS
lol Evan's dumb

Rampage

vx
lol...I'm actually a little excited for barlw PR list. I'm gonna be trying my best in tourneys now just to get on the list :D

also, Who can we see as panelists? Tony? Eric? Tiep? John?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
That was the loser's bracket semi-finals =)
sad semis lol

Results for the last tournament are finally up (had to re-enter everyone from day 1 into the second day's file): http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1740

Tell me if I got anything wrong. There like 3 Matts and 3 Erics and stuff @_@
I posted there, Adam played the melee low tier for me under Dynamism. You can change that if you want. There were also 2 Adams at the tourney lol

As a related note, I'm stupid.
lol
*agrees* jk

lol...I'm actually a little excited for barlw PR list. I'm gonna be trying my best in tourneys now just to get on the list :D

also, Who can we see as panelists? Tony? Eric? Tiep? John?
John? The fossil guy that's extinct? lol
Tony, Eric, Tiep yeah. You go to a lot of this stuff too so maybe even you. Do you think you have the right idea on how to observe players though? Like if I pwn you including a 2 stocking in an mm, that doesn't mean I'm better than you yaknow, you did place higher than me in the tourney after all. ;]

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
xXx-NoobKing-xXx;4940555 EDIT: On another note. HERE IS THE NEW AND UPDATED MELEE BC PR!!! - [URL said:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183373[/URL]
[price is right]
Show em what's behind the curtain!

IT'S A NEW PR!!!

[/prise is right]

Rampage

vx
John? The fossil guy that's extinct? lol
Tony, Eric, Tiep yeah. You go to a lot of this stuff too so maybe even you. Do you think you have the right idea on how to observe players though? Like if I pwn you including a 2 stocking in an mm, that doesn't mean I'm better than you yaknow, you did place higher than me in the tourney after all. ;]
I think I have a pretty good idea on the top 8

although I still don't know if john even plays and other players like ryan and stuff...

Top Bottom