• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

N

N5_Revolution

So. How about those tournaments.

I hear that there may be one at the AnimeCon at SFU sometime later this year.

Discuss.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
No there will not be one at the SFU AE Convention because if you havent heard. It is either going to be canceled or moved to a new location. Either way yes, I will be hosting a smash tourney there for people who have PAYED to go to the anime con. People like "AIDS"/Keith will NOT be able to join if he does not have an anime badge. Most likely their will be prizes like last year and special events like last year. For example last years special event was "3vsMe" and last one standing gets a prize.

N

N5_Revolution

What is this "anime badge"? Would you happen to know if it's still too late to become an entrant? To my understanding, you just go to AE and pay upfront (as told to me by my friends). What you said implies to me that there is a pre-pay method that I'm unaware of.

Sorry for all the questions, by the way. I know nubcakes like I can be a hassle sometimes.

unityole

Smash Lord
i **** in poker, mm that shiz? :D

anime thing at SFU was canceled prob due to all the spacing people are using right now, this semester lots of shiz going on in those new buildings and no one really had time to deal with it. next semester, uh prob cause due to 1st years, and people just kept getting clubs and stuff, renting room all over the place.

i believe we already got an anime club so a convention will prob not happen for a little while longer, we had one last year right? or was the year before, i can't recall it.

we should all make these people enter tournies at sfu, unless their level is too low below YOUR standard.
3vsJohn... thats really something, they worse than lvl9 CPUs?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord

anime thing at SFU was canceled prob due to all the spacing people are using right now, this semester lots of shiz going on in those new buildings and no one really had time to deal with it. next semester, uh prob cause due to 1st years, and people just kept getting clubs and stuff, renting room all over the place.

i believe we already got an anime club so a convention will prob not happen for a little while longer, we had one last year right? or was the year before, i can't recall it.

we should all make these people enter tournies at sfu, unless their level is too low below YOUR standard.
Quite often, yes.

Lol dang brawl and its spacing. :]

Firestorm88

Smash Lord

The convention happens every year. It has for a long time now. The reasoning is that rooms are booked and a lot of lecture halls are going under renovations in August.

Edit: Testing editting grace period.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Ok. If I don't really get any information on the Leadtek WinFast ExDTV2300 H, I might buy this (price match this at NCIX):
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=11340MM5853&vpn=VC500&manufacture=DIAMOND

I'd like the Leadtek one because it supports 480p through component, so I could use it at home as well. If I got the Diamond one it'd be for tournaments only since I don't use composite or S-Video at home.

It's just that the Leadtek one has absolutely NO pricing mentioned and no stores online or offline carry it. All I can find is the press release. Their support is also horrible. Here's how my emails have gone:

Me said:
This is an inquiry from internet users

Subject: WinFast ExDTV2300 H
Inquiry: Hello, I''m very interested in the ExDTV2300 H that was recently announced. However, I can''t find any information, price, or places to buy from. The only results I get direct to the press release.

Will a place to buy it from be announced soon? Could I at least get the suggested retail price?
Pat Whay said:
Dear Sir,

Good day!

Thank you for your enquiry.

Could you tell us where you are please?

BestRegards

Laedtek Service
Me said:
I live in Vancouver, Canada. I can also have someone in the United States buy it for me and ship it to me.
Monica Lee said:
Dear Sir,

Please kindly help to advise your country and location.

Regards,

Monica Lee
AGH

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
lol Vancouver Canada, people in the US have horrible geography, they probably thought that was your name or something and you were a russian lol. I love it ;)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The support is in Taiwan actually. This company seems to have horrible Tech Support and I hear build quality isn't so hot... but their cards are the only ones with component input for <$100 =( If this card is around the $50 range I'd take the risk.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what the Melee scene's gonna look like in a year or two. As time goes on it seems that more and more good players are dropping from the competitive scene. A lot of our old Melee PR is inactive right now, Chu Dat's retiring pretty soon, etc. Who knows how many more good players we may lose in the coming months.

The times, they are a changin'. Hopefully we can still keep bringing in new Melee players even though Brawl has destroyed many a Melee community. I kinda wish I got into the competitive smash scene sooner, but if it weren't for Brawl's release (I only really started getting better when my brother and I picked up Melee again to get ready for Brawl), I probably wouldn't be playing Melee now.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
mwahahahaha
That's right.
One by one you all shall fall.
No.
Brawl sux.
I'd rather main Pichu/Mewtwo 'til the end of time than play brawl.
I wonder what the Melee scene's gonna look like in a year or two. As time goes on it seems that more and more good players are dropping from the competitive scene.
Too many people are too much busier than the used to be. Like me for example, and come September I can't really see myself having much free time at all anymore. WHY CAN'T I GO TO NEVER NEVERLAND AND STAY A KID FOREVER!?!?!?!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Truth. It is not just Brawl coming in that's making people inactive. Some people are now having to worry about their "education" and "future". Sounds ********, yeah? For example, Eric will be gone for quite a while soon. I'll likely be much less active in September once I'm in school.

It's a hard-knock life for us.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I wasn't active in the melee community after 2004. Not because of Brawl, or anything smash related. It was bands and music and work and school and everything else. FINALLY I started touring and stuff since my CD release in May, and guess what! MAY WAS THE FIRST TIME I WENT TO AN SFU TOURNEY. Yeah, now the touring is done for a while and everything else picked up. After these Kelowna tourneys, I might not make it out to anything until next year.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Too many people are too much busier than the used to be. Like me for example, and come September I can't really see myself having much free time at all anymore. WHY CAN'T I GO TO NEVER NEVERLAND AND STAY A KID FOREVER!?!?!?!
I didn't mean it that Brawl is making people leave (those two paragraphs were separate ideas). People grow up and move on, it's a fact of life. It's just now that Brawl is out, there's a smaller chance we'll be seeing new Melee players in the community replacing the people leaving. That's why I'm kinda curious to see what the Melee community will look like in the coming years.

Metà

Smash Master
The community might slowly fade away, but Melee will always be the superior game. Nothing can change that; it's just up to the players to decide which game they want to put their time into.

Meta's Guarantee: As long as I'm hosting Smash events, they will have Melee.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
The community might slowly fade away, but Melee will always be the superior game. Nothing can change that; it's just up to the players to decide which game they want to put their time into.

Meta's Guarantee: As long as I'm hosting Smash events, they will have Melee.
It's also up to the players to decide which is the superior game.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Melee is superior

I remember this place, this is where VA was and I insulted some of your members then you came to my thread and I destroyed all of you lot even more, good times. *walks out never to return once again cool style*

Patooty

Smash Ace
Melee is superior

Brawl has more money.

Fancy seeing you here AGAIN, professor pro. I had forgotten about your existence.

Top Bottom