• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
*greases plumbing boots*

looking forward to your visit Randall where are you staying at?
I have a friend who lives relatively downtown (I think), but I'll be sure to stay in contact.

I'll do what I can to make it for SFU. I'd love to be able to play in a proper BC Melee tournament; I've watched so many of them unfold from a distance, after all....

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'm willing to travel late in the summer and through out the year around Canada, if things keep going smoothly until then.

Maybe if I take first class they'll let me play smash on the plane.

unityole

Smash Lord

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
im working on it sir! : D, ps I think i can get him for the brawl day, i dont know about the other day

Metà

Smash Master
Long, but serious post, bleh

Guys, I think I might have to take a break from Smash for a while. I don't mean like, just a few weeks or a month, I'm talking about a year or more with no smash, or very little. I don't know how I'll manage it, considering I can barely got two days without playing it, but I'm really having a hard time with my fingers/tendons. I've had a lot of trouble with repetitive stress injuries for the past year or so, and it's getting to the point that sometimes I can't even click a mouse button without searing pain in my fingers. It's started to even cause pain in my wrists now, so I may have to just give up smash altogether, and put the GCN/Wii away.

Playing through the pain won't cut it anymore, because this could cause serious long term effects, and it won't just heal overnight. The breaking point for me was really on Thursday, when I played Melee for over 12 hours straight, and I am now reduced to typing with one hand. >_<

For those of you who don't know, I'm a serious clarinetist, and that's really why I'm not taking this lightly. I would never give up making music, because it's really what I live for. Smash will have to go, and I'm sorry to say I may have to hang up the controller for good.

However, I'll still try to host that big tournament in January at SFU, but I mostly likely will sit out for most events.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Guys, I think I might have to take a break from Smash for a while. I don't mean like, just a few weeks or a month, I'm talking about a year or more with no smash, or very little. I don't know how I'll manage it, considering I can barely got two days without playing it, but I'm really having a hard time with my fingers/tendons. I've had a lot of trouble with repetitive stress injuries for the past year or so, and it's getting to the point that sometimes I can't even click a mouse button without searing pain in my fingers. It's started to even cause pain in my wrists now, so I may have to just give up smash altogether, and put the GCN/Wii away.

Playing through the pain won't cut it anymore, because this could cause serious long term effects, and it won't just heal overnight. The breaking point for me was really on Thursday, when I played Melee for over 12 hours straight, and I am now reduced to typing with one hand. >_<

For those of you who don't know, I'm a serious clarinetist, and that's really why I'm not taking this lightly. I would never give up making music, because it's really what I live for. Smash will have to go, and I'm sorry to say I may have to hang up the controller for good.

However, I'll still try to host that big tournament in January at SFU, but I mostly likely will sit out for most events.
Oh my god...
... here it comes...
... almost heeerrre...
...NO JOHNS!!!

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Lol thats noob sauce evan. Noob sauce x20 actually.

I practice multishine 10 hours a day, didn't you hear? I still play

Trozz

Smash Ace
That's sad to hear. I'll try to catch up to your Melee skill level by the time you come back.

Oh hell, I forgot my Wiimote at the last SFU tourney. Did anyone grab it?

unityole

Smash Lord
That's perfectly legitimate, quitter.
not really an excuse for evan to quit smash, thats lame..
i never had problems when i play too much smash or computer games, btw evan, if you dont know starcraft also has really high apm, other than just your 12 hours straight smashing aps.

im sure ure just over doing it from other stuff, u didnt hurt urself from smash, so dont stop

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
Nah man its the combination of them all, you cant just keep playing smash, musical instruments are all about practice, hours every day for years, it will get to you eventualy and an added game as technical as meele would just speed up the process like X10 i personaly dont care because one i havent entered practicem mode once i just play and hope to get better XD ive moved on to brawl since practicing is pretty much needed in meele , and im going to get some sorta hand injury due to all my gaming XD, Ps : YES DIABLO 3!! SOMEONE BEAT ME 2 IT ! XD, even though i knew i just didnt think of posting it

PS: WALL OF TEXT hits for 9999 <<--- THATS OVER 9000!?

Metà

Smash Master
That's sad to hear. I'll try to catch up to your Melee skill level by the time you come back.

Oh hell, I forgot my Wiimote at the last SFU tourney. Did anyone grab it?
Oh sh*t, I saw that there. I think Jack has that. Either that or I picked it up and forgot I took it. -_-

Probably not though, but if I did, could you tell me if you had anything written on it? I'll see if one of the wiimotes I have here is yours.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Starcraft is the only game in existance that can even compete with a STD in terms of gaming time limit. SC2 will be sick too, I plan to pwn at that too. I'm also thinking of getting a Pokemon game again cause I was freakin awesome at those games and had an unbeatable team.

BTW Rusty, saw Kim Mitchell tonight. I don't know how much you know about music but I'm pretty sure that 95% of people there didn't appreciate that show for what it really was. They did things that were WAY above peoples heads.

And that sucks Evan, maybe don't play either so much. I almost never play smash so I'll probably never had that problem but music is definitaly something that I never want to lose. Tough choice, tough loss if that is the case, tough love.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
wow prolly beats sc in gaming time limit XD , that game is retardedly addictive to sooo many people

AIDS

Smash Lord
wow man, i hardly play smash alone, besides that i play nothing, i like left all my games, Smash is the only thing i will keep moving with. haha!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
whoa whoa WHOA!!!

Jamesy's gettin his melee game back!

I finally worked on it some today and can now do all of those little things like wavelanding on platforms and SHFFLing again. Playing pretty fluently with Pikachu, Fox and Link (the only characters I worked with today) and can combo the SH*** out of anything with those three "almost" like I used to be able too. Played a bit of DK too. Uair>Punch is sick! Little Mewtwo, Falcon and Roy on the side too even though I was NEVER good with Roy. lol

It's actually not going to be too hard to get used to again. At first I went 1v1 with Falcons against a lvl9 and couldn't even follow up a down throw with anything cause I didn't know what to do lol. Took me a while to start all of the nair, uair, fair juggling and LCing dairs and dash dancing etc. It's all coming back though. After over 4 months with less than 1 hour of melee in that time, I think it's going to be easier to get back into melee form than I first thought. :D

Watch out SFU 10, Dynamism is coming... :p

Trozz

Smash Ace
Arrg... I only wrote on my GC controller. Bleh. I'll have to buy a new wiimote.

And on Melee, I'm probably gunna use Falcon or Peach.

unityole

Smash Lord
maybe we should have a smash fest this saturday? before evan leaves..?
looking for at least 10 players, or else i dont feel like doing it :/

may FALCON be with you, ALWAYS

It's actually not going to be too hard to get used to again. At first I went 1v1 with Falcons against a lvl9 and couldn't even follow up a down throw with anything cause I didn't know what to do lol. Took me a while to start all of the nair, uair, fair juggling and LCing dairs and dash dancing etc. It's all coming back though. After over 4 months with less than 1 hour of melee in that time, I think it's going to be easier to get back into melee form than I first thought. :D

Watch out SFU 10, Dynamism is coming... :p
no64? j/k im still watching man, at SFU 10

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

Yep, now you know exactly what I've gone through for over the past month. Just recently I noticed that even after playing 6+ hours, my thumb didn't feel like it was acting up at all. I was so happy to notice the rest of my fingers and joints getting sore well before my broken thumb did. Take like a month off smash, go easy on masturbation and clarinett, and you should be fine.

That's perfectly legitimate, quitter.
Manuel! :)

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Jack I can attend this Saturday. Last time I said I will and didn't show, but I'm confident on making it this time.

On a side note, Eric is to ****. He can make a new combo video every day.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Serious Discussion Time
I think BC needs to figure out whether or not we will be using the Smash Back Room approved ruleset once it's finished. This especially applies to stages.

Personally, I feel we should be playing with the same rules as the rest of the continent. That allows for easier transitions when people go out of the province to play and better accommodates people who are coming in from out of the province to play with us. Currently, we're still using Evan's stage list that he made up on the spot. The Smash Back Room, not finished with all the stage discussions yet, has more unbanned stages than us already and that's already taking into account the ones that are only borderline banned.

Our stage list is crap to be quite honest. I'm pretty opposed to too many stage bans as I think I made clear when the game came out. The only question is if we make up our own list, or if we follow the rest of the continent. I feel we should go with the rest of the continent and only use our own stage lists temporarily.

Top Bottom