• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

unityole

Smash Lord
That doesn't even make sense.
the things i say or have said never made any sense before right? why so surprised?

ps to ALL: the event this saturday isn't canceled, but we will most likely need more TVs and setups. and a laptop if possible.. or i could just do brackets by hand :o

AIDS

Smash Lord
We have Victoria players on the front page, it is not just lower mainland, it is all of B.C.
Troy is almost never online anymore, almost as if we need someone to hack his account, and make it up to date =)

JProph

Smash Rookie
yes...hackage in good taste

and Falcon isn't hung like an elephant, elephants are hung like Captain Falcon. Get it right or get kneed.
Wow... I am so sorry. I'm so happy you pointed out my mistake.

19) His testicles are named Shock and Awe
20) There's no I in team, but there is one in Captain Falcon

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm currently a Canadian living in Texas but going back to my homeland (UBC!!!!) for college and was wondering if there's a brawl scene up there. It's been a while since I've been up there...

Please PM me or else I might go insane next year :)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm currently a Canadian living in Texas but going back to my homeland (UBC!!!!) for college and was wondering if there's a brawl scene up there. It's been a while since I've been up there...

Please PM me or else I might go insane next year :)
The smash tournaments usually happen on SFU's Burnaby campus these days. It wouldn't be that hard to get to. Take the 99 B-Line to Commercial Dr Station. Take the skytrain from Commercial Dr to Production Way station. Take the 145 B-Line to the bus loop.

I believe UBC has a competitive gaming club as well.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
AH!
Thanks a lot!
I found the Smashboards thread with the SFU tournaments :)
If anyone wants to play for fun as well, PM me. I'm moving up there mid-late August

P.S. Does anyone know how many entrants those tournaments usually get?

Metà

Smash Master
Alright, I'm back from Europe and I am craving smash.

First things first though; I feel like sh*t and should probably eat something and then go to sleep. -_-

Also, tiers don't matter, really. Captain Falcon is the best character in the game and that's all there is to it. Sure he isn't "top tier", but he's Falcon, which more than makes up for not actually performing the best in tournaments. Falcon for best tier.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
AH!
Thanks a lot!
I found the Smashboards thread with the SFU tournaments :)
If anyone wants to play for fun as well, PM me. I'm moving up there mid-late August

P.S. Does anyone know how many entrants those tournaments usually get?
Depends. One time we advertised with posters and stuff and got 48 for our Brawl Singles tournament. That's been the max. Last tournament I was at there were 30 for Brawl Singles and 12 teams for Brawl Doubles. When are you heading up here?

Alright, I'm back from Europe and I am craving smash.

First things first though; I feel like sh*t and should probably eat something and then go to sleep. -_-

Also, tiers don't matter, really. Captain Falcon is the best character in the game and that's all there is to it. Sure he isn't "top tier", but he's Falcon, which more than makes up for not actually performing the best in tournaments. Falcon for best tier.
Yeah sleep well and catch up. When I came back from Europe a few years ago, my cousin's wedding was the next day and I was the best man. Hadn't adjusted to the time difference, scorching heat due to cameras and the closed room... I passed out :(

Also, is there a filter that changes Young Link to Captain Falcon?

Fake Edit: Nope, there isn't. Guess you're all just crazy.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Like I said, mid-late August. Move in date is the 29th, but depending on when the soccer tryouts are I might go early. Sounds good for the tourney size, I'm used to around 80 down here in Houston. Some of these get rather dragged out but there's always quality matches to be had.

Metà

Smash Master
Like I said, mid-late August. Move in date is the 29th, but depending on when the soccer tryouts are I might go early. Sounds good for the tourney size, I'm used to around 80 down here in Houston. Some of these get rather dragged out but there's always quality matches to be had.
Cool, that's around when I get back from Minnesota (yeah, I travel a lot in the summer lol).

Btw, did you ever play in any tournements in TX or meet any of the players? They have some good players (Hylian, bluezaft, etc.), but then again they've got Ragnarok and TGM. XD

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Lol of course I've played in tournaments down here, I just said we usually get 80 participants lol. Yea I've met Hylian and TGM, thats about it.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
So, I just got a co-op job at EA from September to December which means I'll be living at home in Abbotsford for that period of time. Any crews close to Abbotsford (preferably Melee, but I'm not too picky) willing to take me in for those four months?

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
co-op SE ?
Yeah. It means I need to take summer semesters, but whatever. It gives good work experience, too. I don't know what I can or can't say about the job, given I signed an NDA before my interview about it, but it's for their Burnaby campus (which is awesome for me, because it's a two minute walk from where my dad works, so I can get a ride with him). So I may be working on NHL or something like that.

Trozz

Smash Ace
His ICs are great to watch, though probably not much fun to play against. Though it'd be fun watching yourself getting marched across the stage and getting finished by a d-throw to nana f-air spike. xD

unityole

Smash Lord
ICs for iceclimber? =o

tourney this saturday, please help out with setups/TVs, especially TVs. AND SETUPS TOO

Patooty

Smash Ace
So, I just got a co-op job at EA from September to December which means I'll be living at home in Abbotsford for that period of time. Any crews close to Abbotsford (preferably Melee, but I'm not too picky) willing to take me in for those four months?
co-op SE ?
Yeah. It means I need to take summer semesters, but whatever. It gives good work experience, too. I don't know what I can or can't say about the job, given I signed an NDA before my interview about it, but it's for their Burnaby campus (which is awesome for me, because it's a two minute walk from where my dad works, so I can get a ride with him). So I may be working on NHL or something like that.

Quoting this conversation just 'cause it was AWESOME! Here's my short interpretation:
MyInterpretation said:

talking_chicken
: Hey, I got a co-op job at EA!
Patooty: what position?
talking_chicken: WHAT TRADE SECRETS? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?...........
talking_chicken: NHL!
Must be your first work term for a game company :p

Anyways, I think

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Quoting this conversation just 'cause it was AWESOME! Here's my short interpretation:

Must be your first work term for a game company :p

Anyways, I think
LOL. That's what you meant. I thought you were asking me my degree for university. I'm working for one of the internal teams at EA Sports as an "Associate Software Engineer", as far as the official title goes. But yeah, it's just a co-op SE job. I think I'd be working on user interfaces for their sports games, but to be honest, that's about all I know, actually. I don't even know what specific game(s) I'd be working on. It's still two and a half months away.

And yes, it is my first work term at a gaming company. Don't think I'd like a permanent job in the game industry, but it should be fun for one work term to see what it's like.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
So is there tournament this Saturday as well?
If it is make $2-$5 tourneys so everyone participates in all events..

Manuel or Ryan would you be down for doing B.C Fox's vs WA Fox's like teams best of 5 or 7 the next time they come up? I'll have VCR and give it to them to upload us ****** those fooz

Infact I declare one T.V is only fox dittos all day. Discuss. :embarrass

unityole

Smash Lord
So is there tournament this Saturday as well?
If it is make $2-$5 tourneys so everyone participates in all events..

Manuel or Ryan would you be down for doing B.C Fox's vs WA Fox's like teams best of 5 or 7 the next time they come up? I'll have VCR and give it to them to upload us ****** those fooz

Infact I declare one T.V is only fox dittos all day. Discuss. :embarrass

i think we've got enough people for tournament, regular entrance fee, 5 and 10s.

Trozz

Smash Ace
The last tournament, barely anyone showed. I had my hallway setup for awhile. xD

Results of that one:
SSBM winner: probably Meta's space animal
SSBB winner: that Samus
64 winner: the guy who kept doing sick combos
Last place in Falcon-Only: me

Metà

Smash Master
Nonono, the results are as follows:

SSBM Singles:
1. Eric
2. John
3. Meta
4. Sion
5. Tiep
6. Koud

SSBB Singles:
1. Rohins
2. John
3. Trozz
4. Meta
5. Rampage

SSBM Falcon-only
1. John
2. Tiep
3. Sion
4. Meta
5. unityole
5. Rampage
7. Trozz
7. Koud

Rohins is good with Samus. Too good. Falcon-only was fun, and the finals were hilarious. Eric *****, as usual. GG Jack, 'grats on actually winning a match in Falcon-only, LOL.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
speaking of samus, who was the guy who only played as samus(as far as i saw) in melee and had that match with me which went for 3 minutes before the first kill?

the way you glided around FD without attacking was hilarious.

Top Bottom