• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Patooty

Smash Ace
In case you didn't know, there are like SO FEW members of the UBC Comeptitive gaming club that I am sure if many people show up, we will NOT mind paying full price.
Really? Cause I would like to go but I'm on a tight budget right now after paying off student loans and I have to pay for gas/food to get there. Last time I spent about $5 on mcdonalds and then for entering the tournament I was the only non-member so I ended up winning my entry fee + ~70 cents back. But 2nd and 3rd gave me their winnings lol so it payed for the mcdonalds :chuckle: I think I'll go no matter what but everybody paying the same entry fee would be tight!

I

I Moose I

heya people...i have no job, i have no school, i have no social life...i have only, SMASH!!! this is James btw. im back and better than ever. so yeah, lemme know if you wanna smash cause i gurantee im up for it!!!

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to smash today just gimme a call. I got kill bud to.

778-227-4215 cell
778-329-5810 home

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Lol I'm watching this thing on CityTV they show new games coming out and a bunch of scrubs giving info on the games.

This guy interviewing some woman about nartuo clash of ninja: 2 and he says "Is this naruto going to be a one button mash game like smash brothers?"

I felt like taking my controller and throwing it at the guys face on the tv.

Zero_P

Smash Ace
Lol I'm watching this thing on CityTV they show new games coming out and a bunch of scrubs giving info on the games.

This guy interviewing some woman about nartuo clash of ninja: 2 and he says "Is this naruto going to be a one button mash game like smash brothers?"

I felt like taking my controller and throwing it at the guys face on the tv.
hulk smash

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
so apparently its come to my attention that someone(s) has been telling ppl that i talk **** about others. or that im not very nice to those who arent as "good" as me in smash.

anyone know wut this is about?

if i said some mean things to someone then please let me know so i can apologize and figure out where these "rumors" r being formed from. thnx

AIDS

Smash Lord
so apparently its come to my attention that someone(s) has been telling ppl that i talk **** about others. or that im not very nice to those who arent as "good" as me in smash.

if i said some mean things to someone then please let me know so i can apologize and figure out where these "rumors" r being formed from. thnx
i do not think you where dis respectfull, i enjoyed playing you and id invite you down again, GG's at the tournament.

good luck at the Dan 2 everyone.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Yes if that means you'll come :)
I'm supposed to attend SSB64 on the SAME DAY at SFU >.<
As soon as I get eliminated at SFU I'll come straight to UBC. How long would that take do you think???

Who wants to smash before dan!!!

?
My gf gets back today which means no smash TILL the Dan, LOL. I'd love to try and make some time though. Contact Mark on MSN Tiep, he really wants to practice more as well.. yoyoyo_21@hotmail.com

Well the only thing I heard was from Mark AKA DDay AKA Best Samus main in BC >.> LOL it's funny cuz it's true xD. I heard that when you and him were playing with the South Van guys (you know that small group of quiet flips) that you were like criticizing their playstyles and taking multiple turns even after losing and being like "what you gunna do about it?". I don't know how serious you were about any of that but that's just what I heard from Mark. Personally Stephen, I have nothing against you and I think you're a good guy =). It was great having you come out from EC to smash with us and I hope you learned a thing or two while you were here.

Dan2 list and transportation: (just for the sake of it)

Tiep, Ryan, Tony (Going with Tiep)

John, Robbie, David, Eric (Going with David)

Me, Mark (going with Mark) Sorry Daz, Mark has his "N" still and can only take 1 other person. I would recommend talking with Manuel or any other people that plan on going and see how they're getting there and going with them.

Manuel: You... are going to Dan, right?

CREWS: Just wanting to know how we plan on doing crews BC. Depending on how big they make the crews I'd say team BC could have 2 crews. A team and B team. Team A being the most stacked **** to come out of Canada (maybe aside from Quebec). If so, we need to decide who's on each team. Who are starters, who are alternates, what are our counterpicks against certain opponents/characters, etc. We should discuss this at dan's place and before hand if we end up smashing together b4 Dan.

discuss...

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
uhh... i was messin with the south van guys u say?... how bout asking the south van guys. i partnered kuinn so i wouldnt take ne shots at him.... but if u say i was messin around with them then please tell me wut i sed cuz i really have no idea wut ur talkin about.
also, "what you gunna do about it"... thats like tryna start a fight, so i wouldnt ever say that. AND, if i lost, i wouldnt take multiple turns.

if any of the south van guys use the boards then hopefully they can reply to this, if they actually feel like i was being rude to them, etc, then i apologize

PS. to adam... last i remember, patooty main'd samus and hes prolly one of the best samus's in canada, so i unno how mark would be the best samus in BC while tiep is around

unityole

Smash Lord
.............im from alberta... =/

but really ill come if its worth the trip for $$$$
need help from you guys please? would love to have this guy show up but since next sat is the ubc thing, and like 3 of my buddies had work/ families reunion stuff etc, thats couple of people short. (still having around 15 - 20 ppl)

im trying not to extend the date to 26th (the following sat after 19th) so any suggestions would be great.
ex. there is nothing big scheduled on the 26th, and allows people lot of time to plan ahead.. etc

anything big happening on the 26th?

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
@Adam: ****. lol. Uhm I thought he had plenty of room in his car...? o_o

Yeah... who's manuel? And is he even going? Cuz if not, Daz ain't gonna be able to go :(
Can i have an manuel's msn for Daz to add or a phone # or both... Cuz Daz really wants to go to his first tournament already and Dan2 is gonna be over 9000..

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I'm manuel, commonly referred to as manLi.
I'm not going to Dan, if that's what you're talking about.
On msn, I'm tha[underscore]pimp[underscore]panther[at]hotmail[dot]com

lol don't laugh, it's genius.

JDZL

Smash Rookie
eh? what's this about a ubc tourney?

also, troy/gary, is there a list of all the ubc smashers? not necessarily the ones who live there, but either the ones who do (like me) and just the ones who study (like troy!). or both... (gary)
a nice little compilation of names so we can get more local smash going on, perhaps? or even as a revision to the main list on the front page?

i've been itchin to play. sheesh, my hands are going cold...

Patooty

Smash Ace
eh? what's this about a ubc tourney?

also, troy/gary, is there a list of all the ubc smashers? not necessarily the ones who live there, but either the ones who do (like me) and just the ones who study (like troy!). or both... (gary)
a nice little compilation of names so we can get more local smash going on, perhaps? or even as a revision to the main list on the front page?
I dunno if there's a list, so let's make one. Add yourself as you see this.

1. Patooty

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
lol i decided to go one day of the tourny in washington : D what day is singles and doubles btw anyone not have a doubles partner ? : D

Hey I Moose I : D if your popsicler wanta get popsicles and double with me? : D

I

I Moose I

i dont even know if im doing doubles...i will if i can find one...but i suspect i'll be with some random in washington. and popsicles...that does sound like a good idea, but im gunna stick with toquito's. now thats good stuff!

unityole

Smash Lord
:O the posts/replies difference is gettting smaller between this thread and the montreal thread

bc becoming more popular eh..

Top Bottom