• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Thread

Zero_P

Smash Ace
hey guys whos the other mark here? o_O cos im my names mark too

and uh random question here.. What the **** is '10char'??

in b4 lurk moar
when you want to post a response in a thread like ">_>" a message will pop up saying you must have 10 characters

10chars is filling it in.

and this isn't /b/ lol

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
sooo how was the tourny i was planning on going... but i played rock band till 7 am last night so gg i was like **** it il suck with no sleep lol

AIDS

Smash Lord
tournament was awsome GG's Everyone

doubles went

1st John(Hitsugaya) + Shane(eggz)
2nd Tony(Dieslow) + Ryan(cowear)
3rd Manuel(FirexEmblemxPride) + Tiep(Patooty)
4th Robbie(Genesisftw) + David(the beef)
5th Roby(space Falcon) + Keith(AIDS)
5th James(popsider) + Jamo

And singles went
1st Eggz
2nd Adam
3rd Tiep
4th Ryan
5th Tony
5th Jamo
7th Keith
7th Manuel

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Thing is you're YL plays old school, thats why some people were having trouble with you.

You did pretty good against my Fox in friendlys.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Team names, please.

I wanna know if Keith and Roby kept "ExtremeAIDS" as their nametag. :p

Congrats to all. Nicely done.

Eggz: It's not just your music that ***** my ears.
We did not use a team name.
7th Manuel
7th Keith is what you meant to say right? ;p
Not really, I'm sure 7th = 7th one is not above the other, so it does not really matter.
young link sure is horrible, please stop losing to young link those of you bc players who that may happen to
lol And you play and **** good players with bowser who is worse...im pretty sure those who lost to YL should not feel that bad after playing you enough times. =P

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Had fun at tourny, Zelda showed up, won some lost some, drank a crapload of water, sucks living on Vancouver Island, etc

See you guys in brawl next time :D

AIDS

Smash Lord
Had fun at tourny, Zelda showed up, won some lost some, drank a crapload of water, sucks living on Vancouver Island, etc

See you guys in brawl next time :D
we should have i guess a last big melee tournament in feb, we normally tend to have atleast one tournament a month and this is the real melee's end, maybe someone can start making plans to host?

AIDS

Smash Lord
but we have one a month on average, so im sure since we had one in early jan, one in early feb is not asking for somthing that is not normally there, im just sugesting of organizing it sooner cause this last one was not well organized and not updated and the thread was made a little late, and the only reason people would be asking for another LAST melee tournament is cause brawl keeps getting later release dates.

unityole

Smash Lord
Special thanks to my university friends as well as people from here helped me and made my last tourney possible.

I will be hosting another SuperSmash Brothers 64 tournament here on SFU campus. Jan 19th which I believe it is next Saturday. We will have people arrive at 10 am and start as soon as possible, 11 am / noon so hopefully we can end it early.
(in ENSC lounge)

There will be food/snack provided, and I will make sure this tournament is much better than the last as I was very inexperienced the first time. I will be using a tournament bracket program called TIO so things will go smoothly.

Again, we will be waiting and I'll be happy to see you along with your friends here for ssb64.

Events are as follow:
- Just for fun, ffa, 1v1 or 2v2
- Tournaments for Doubles
- Tournaments for Singles

Importance:
- Doubles
$6 / team, best of 5 games, 5 stocks no item, team attack ON, single elimination. Percentage wise, pot split 80/20.
- Singles
$5 / player, best of 5 games, 5 stocks no item, double elimination. Percentage wise, pot split 70/20/10.
- Doubles seeded randomly, singles seeded through Rn-Robin.
- Finals are best of 7 games.

Rules:
- Stage / Character counterpick rule, ranked by seeds.
- If the game was ever to freeze, the match will be restarted despite the remaining stocks of both players, unless there was a clear winner.
- Stages banned are Yoshi's Island, Saffron City and Mushroom Kingdom due to cloud, piller and edge camp.

Our Equipments:
2 TVs, 1 VCR, Cheap pop and snack machine, 2 64-console, 6 controllers and 2 ssb64 game.
so far 2 setups confirmed. (1 tv needs a RF switch, and would love to have 4 setups in all)

Map/ Directions:
Skytrain to Production Way station, take bus #145.

Events will take place in engineering lounge just like last time.

Controllers will be provided but it is still necessary to bring one of your own as ours are loose and old. Aside from SFU people, I am aiming for at least 25 players in all which is 5 more than last time. (more the better ;))

Players confirmed:
- SFU players:
Jack, Wayne, MSC, Kume, Panda, Gavin, Jeremy, Willy, Stephen, Tuan
- Smashboard players:
Meta, xXxNoobKingxXx
- Players within BC:
Rip the Jacker, Princeloki

If there are more questions just let me know, feel free to PM me and hope to see you all soon!

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I'm horrible against other Young Links :p Any character with projectiles really. For some reason I can't deal with them.

I can dish it but I can't take it :(

AIDS

Smash Lord
its only for the n64 smash..

i am pretty sure do to the fact there will not be huge numbers for just ssb64 you should make it both since of the fact we have SFU, im sure it would not hurt and it does make WAY more sence, i recall this being the time of melee and it is ok to have 64 with it, but i do not think we should have 64 INSTEAD of it and you have SFU so im sure you should change it to ssb64 and melee

Peanut_Reactor

Smash Apprentice
haha what a coincidence... remember that tournament gary was talking about for the competitive video gaming association in ubc?
its smash tourney (melee) is on the 19th

AIDS

Smash Lord
haha what a coincidence... remember that tournament gary was talking about for the competitive video gaming association in ubc?
its smash tourney (melee) is on the 19th
but that sucks for people who want to do both, we should discuss this more and see is some "FFA fan" wants to comprimize, im sure if there is a melee tournament on the same day, there will be almost no one at the ssb64 tournament lol

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Keith, you're too aggressive with your posts online. Not everyone knows you are joking. And you don't know that people won't show up for ssb64 tournament... there is a big enough community at SFU for that to happen regardless of BC community involvement.

UBC smash means additional fees, remember.

Plus, ssb64 tournament features very talented smashers, whereas UBC melee would feature decent players and our regulars. Don't jump to conclusions, especially with such a head-strong attitude.

RikyuXz.~

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i was going, but i was supposed to hitch a ride with eric and tiep but eric didn't end up going and i don't know tiep so... i didn't end up going. =( And, do you even have experience with YL? and... can you put a link to that UBC tourney thread on here?.. if it isn't already

AIDS

Smash Lord
Keith, you're too aggressive with your posts online. Not everyone knows you are joking. And you don't know that people won't show up for ssb64 tournament... there is a big enough community at SFU for that to happen regardless of BC community involvement.

UBC smash means additional fees, remember.

Plus, ssb64 tournament features very talented smashers, whereas UBC melee would feature decent players and our regulars. Don't jump to conclusions, especially with such a head-strong attitude.
i said one thing that he MIGHT take offence to and there was a "lol" at the end so im sure it is all ok, also what type of fee's would there be? and im just stating that it is silly to have a SFU and UBC tournament with the same comunity and having them to choose one or the other, it is mainly or regulers that would go and i am just stating that it would be kinda silly to hafto choose, so maybe adding melee to the SFU tournament since it is a big enough place to hold both, would be the better choice, i do not get why he is only choosing 64 and not melee.

Lol, i was going, but i was supposed to hitch a ride with eric and tiep but eric didn't end up going and i don't know tiep so... i didn't end up going. =( And, do you even have experience with YL? and... can you put a link to that UBC tourney thread on here?.. if it isn't already
one is not made yet, i will talk to him more about that later and post it when it is made
i play YL once and a while for fun, he is a funny charecter

Top Bottom