• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The B.C. Canada Smash Power Rankings! (11/3/07)

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Also, I have actually beaten every player on that list in at least one tournament round (not set), with the exception of John and Eric. I know it doesn't mean much, but whatever. >_>
Which is why I said sandbagging. And it doesn't matter what you think, only what I think, and you know that which is why you can never let this go because you're just too full of yourself and how awesome you are at being great, even if you aren't.

And for somebody who apparently "doesn't care about my oppinion", you certainly have a weird way of ignoring me.

EDIT: Disregard everything I say. I think Ryan's hacking my account :(

unityole

Smash Lord
Fat
Money/blazeup
Match
Adam
Brown
$_$

Dieslow IS **** @ SFU 5,6,7 and 8
Brought to you by ronaldmcdonald500

Eat the food, and sTay healtHy!

Which is why I said sandbagging. And it doesn't matter what you think, only what I think, and you know that which is why you can never let this go because you're just too full of yourself and how awesome you are at being great, even if you aren't.

And for somebody who apparently "doesn't care about my oppinion", you certainly have a weird way of ignoring me.
when sandbagging, YOU LOSE. thats why if you want to win, don't sandbag.
this yappy talk wouldnt have started if PEOPLE didnt sandbag versus Evan from the very beginning.

not like it matters but im pretty sure, after they sandbag and started losing a bit, so they started trying too. but in the end still lost :/. GG no re

EDIT: Disregard everything I say. I think Ryan's hacking my account :(.
Ha ACK XoR!

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
when sandbagging, YOU LOSE. thats why if you want to win, don't sandbag.
this yappy talk wouldnt have started if PEOPLE didnt sandbag versus Evan from the very beginning.

not like it matters but im pretty sure, after they sandbag and started losing a bit, so they started trying too. but in the end still lost :/. GG no re
He said he won matches, not sets. Like when he got 4 stocked by John's Peach, then later beat his Marth on Rainbow Cruise, then again got 4(or maybe 3) stocked by his Peach. John sandbagged the second match 'cause he didn't really care about winning it since he was sure to win the set anyways. Evan has never actually won a set against anyone in the top 10.

P.S.
Are you agreeing with me or arguing against me? I'm really not getting what it is you're trying to say.

Metà

Smash Master
He said he won matches, not sets. Like when he got 4 stocked by John's Peach, then later beat his Marth on Rainbow Cruise, then again got 4(or maybe 3) stocked by his Peach. John sandbagged the second match 'cause he didn't really care about winning it since he was sure to win the set anyways. Evan has never actually won a set against anyone in the top 10.

P.S.
Are you agreeing with me or arguing against me? I'm really not getting what it is you're trying to say.
That's why I didn't count that as a win >_>

Also, I'm done here. Now I remember why I always used to just stay out of this thread >_<

EDIT: Also, I have won a tournament set against Robbie, in late 2006 iirc. He was pretty new in BC smash back then though, so it doesn't mean much.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
The crew battle involving:
Team1:
Superboom, Tony, Ryan, Tiep

Team2:
Eggz, Roby, Adam

Team 1 won even given how everybody prefers to have less players in order to give better players more stocks. I went even stocks with Eggz, and I'm pretty sure that superboom took out 3-4 of your stocks using his 5, Adam.
Which means our victory was on Ryan and Tony taking off more stocks.

...I fail to see why they were given the boot?
Yeah, I made that post when I was feeling ambitious about truly improving my game. Tony should still be above me, and although I did knock ryan out of singles bracket the last 2 SFU tournaments we both went to, I guess that doesn't quite warrant him going below me. Or does it? >.>

<3 ryab

i am ranked 30th with my captain falcon out of 30 people
Your Falcon is best in the village. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRGGAAAAAASSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMM!!!! ftw

I'm having a hard time maintaining the same level of interest in this game (melee) and everything that goes with it. Every now and then I get this urge to just submerge myself in it though. o.O

Divinokage

Smash Legend
There is no such thing as almost beating someone. It's either you win or you lose... Accept your fate!!! If you really want to win then you'll find ways around the opponent's tactics and exploit his weaknesses... but that why some people are on the PR and not. The highest guy usually has less weaknesses than the lower ranked people.

Beating Robbie 2 years ago.. lol, I remember doing quad downairs on him.. lol at getting up the same way everytime haha.

spindash

Smash Ace
Exactly. Listen to the warrior. :p

I've held my own against, and beaten, a couple of people that are on the PR in the CCSC. But I've never defeated anyone whose been rather high up on that list. Come close? Sometimes. Was it a definite win or lose? Definitely. They just don't leave themselves open for as many weaknesses as others lower on the list. In the end, it's win or lose.

I'll tell you one thing though. In Melee I'll definitely get my *** handed to me on many occassions. Doesn't mean I'll stop though~ The more I play, the better I get, and the better I get at hiding my own weaknesses while exploiting my opponents when I can.

Speaking of playing people that'll hand my *** to me in Melee; Adam, I promise I won't make our MM too one sided.

Metà

Smash Master
There is no such thing as almost beating someone. It's either you win or you lose... Accept your fate!!!
So, going down to last stock, 5th round doesn't count for anything? I know what you're trying to say, but I don't agree with it. There's such a thing as coming so close to beating someone that it's just a small mistake that costs you the match. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, but there are shades of grey in terms of win/loss. >_>

unityole

Smash Lord

P.S.

how long was this ago? i can say it with confidence that it will be almost impossible for anyone in top 10 to 4 or 3 stock evan unless evan really mess up in a game. set to set doesnt really matter to me cause when i do mm or in a tourney i focus on the single match, not worrying about winning the set. so a win to me still a win.

im agree and against you. im against you cause whomever you are, obviously not nate, is very confident that you can beat evan/matt without much trouble, but the truth is, he puts pressure during games against anyone. Even though i don't understand melee but i can tell how players are played and how concentrated they are during a match, don't tell me you sandbag cause for the last couple of tournament i've been watching, everyone is trying to win. SANDBAG is a choice of your own, not evan's

im agreeing with you whatever the reasoning you came up to go against evan.
Evan: seriously, you're trying too hard to get into top 10, if you can't beat them now, then try harder and wait for your chances next time. if they didn't care then one of the spot is yours, i mean you don't care if they gave up and quit melee right? you only want to be in one of the spot..

then theres this thing that, for all they care, they could just play you, beat you and prove you wrong that you're not in top 10. After all they are still better than you.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
MY FALCON IS HOT AND SEXY

it deserves a TOP 10 as well all agree NO?
Yes.

Also, Jack, I think Eric would still 3-4 stock evan because eric is good at the game... >.>

ALSO, I think Eric should be above john seein as how he ***** johns face last tourney XD.

HYYYYYYYYPPPPPEEEEE!!!!

<3 John
<3 viets
<3 falcon combos

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So, going down to last stock, 5th round doesn't count for anything? I know what you're trying to say, but I don't agree with it. There's such a thing as coming so close to beating someone that it's just a small mistake that costs you the match. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, but there are shades of grey in terms of win/loss. >_>
That's too bad then, in the end there can only be one winner!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
well seeing as John doesn't pay much attention to the Power Rankings anymore and I think I'm more involved with Smashboards then he is for now.. Why don't we start a new thread for the Power Rankings?

BUT if we plan on doing a new thread I want to do it Tieps way by doing the Tournament point system. Who agrees?

And I will be creating the thread if thats ok? I will be taking other peoples ideas as well and the same people will still be used for deciding who gets on the Power Rankings and what the order should be etc.

DISCUSS!

Dead Sexy Vocab

Smash Journeyman
Discussion carried on:

-You guys still keeping it at a Top 10, or extending it to some degree?
-Are you having separate PRs, one for Melee and one for Brawl? (stupid rhetorical question)
-Which of these 6 points Rick Astley would never going to do?
a) Give you up.
b) Let you down.
c) Run around and desert you.
d) Make you cry.
e) Say goodbye.
f) Tell a lie and hurt you.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Discussion carried on:

-You guys still keeping it at a Top 10, or extending it to some degree?
-Are you having separate PRs, one for Melee and one for Brawl? (stupid rhetorical question)
-Which of these 6 points Rick Astley would never going to do?
a) Give you up.
b) Let you down.
c) Run around and desert you.
d) Make you cry.
e) Say goodbye.
f) Tell a lie and hurt you.
well im thinking that it should stay top 10..
I think for sure we should have a Melee PR and Brawl PR and maybe even perhaps a SSB64 PR!

and for the last question... e) Say goodbye? XD

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I agree strongly. Unless people likes this pointless drama that's currently going on?

I also think all tournaments should be submitted on allisbrawl so we can pull up tournament results easily for reference.

CrackHead

Smash Journeyman
you should just keep this thread. its obvious john is still around, so if there is a change jst get him to. there hasnt been any change yet so maybe thats why it hasnt been updated? o.o even though its obvious there should be, it hasnt been finalized

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
you should just keep this thread. its obvious john is still around, so if there is a change jst get him to. there hasnt been any change yet so maybe thats why it hasnt been updated? o.o even though its obvious there should be, it hasnt been finalized
hmkay... but how about making a Brawl PR? or even a N64 PR?

and if were gonna do it with Tieps Tournament point system way we gotta start FRESH!

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i wouldnt mind a brawl pr XD, but to use tieps thing wed have to have more tournys before it starts to be more accurate.

unityole

Smash Lord
why not like update the PR chart say once every 3 to 4 monthes?

there are always tournaments happening in 3-4 monthes time period, then based on the current skills/ whomever won those tournies, everyone will be ranked upon it. also this way you can keep an interest and for those who really want to be on it, will try harder to improve through next couple tournaments in order to be on the next PR update.

Brawl PR is a nice idea but then, putting stuff on allisbrawl isnt so good. serioulsy i had so much trouble making my tournament thread up there. after i registered as a CANADIAN* they wouldn't let me create a thread/post cause I DONT HAVE A VALID STATE, and i can't put down a state because i'm registered as a CANADIAN.. i mean seriously, thats just ********.

keeping everything to SWF is good, leave everything as it is for now, more ppl attends to SWF anyway and they are use to it, like me. if people prefer allisbrawl thats really up to them, but they won't find ANY of my tournaments info up there, i can say that much for sure.

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
so we are keeping the melee pr?
sweet =)
Why not, really? ^^ Brawl and Melee are too different for the skill to be shared amongst one single ranking anyways. The CCSC's still keeping Melee around too, so that's another piece of win right there. XD!

Meanwhile I'll make my mark in the Brawl Power Rankings, since I've got too much to come against in the Melee Power Rankings anyways. ... Actually, that's not true, never say never. ;] Unless it's Carl or something. *quivers*

Hahahaha. XD! Not having Melee rankings stay around just because the new game's around would be silly, really.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
why not like update the PR chart say once every 3 to 4 monthes?

there are always tournaments happening in 3-4 monthes time period, then based on the current skills/ whomever won those tournies, everyone will be ranked upon it. also this way you can keep an interest and for those who really want to be on it, will try harder to improve through next couple tournaments in order to be on the next PR update.

Brawl PR is a nice idea but then, putting stuff on allisbrawl isnt so good. serioulsy i had so much trouble making my tournament thread up there. after i registered as a CANADIAN* they wouldn't let me create a thread/post cause I DONT HAVE A VALID STATE, and i can't put down a state because i'm registered as a CANADIAN.. i mean seriously, thats just ********.

keeping everything to SWF is good, leave everything as it is for now, more ppl attends to SWF anyway and they are use to it, like me. if people prefer allisbrawl thats really up to them, but they won't find ANY of my tournaments info up there, i can say that much for sure.
That was a bug that was fixed. AllisBrawl just integrates everything with tio a lot better and it's affiliated with this site anyway. Storing our results there as a refrence is a good idea as it shows exactly who beat who, what placing they got, etc and all we have to do is upload the tio file. It's a good habit to get into.

unityole

Smash Lord
That was a bug that was fixed. AllisBrawl just integrates everything with tio a lot better and it's affiliated with this site anyway. Storing our results there as a refrence is a good idea as it shows exactly who beat who, what placing they got, etc and all we have to do is upload the tio file. It's a good habit to get into.
i'll look into it and give it another chance, but im sooo lazy :(

TwilightShadow

Smash Journeyman
Hi, i'm sorta new to Smash Boards but i was wondering how one goes up in ranking? I live in B.C. and was wondering if you can go to the top but just challenging the number 1 player or if you have to work you way up ect. I've only played in 1 Brawl tournament and 2 Melee tournaments and have won them all but i don't think any of them were listed except for the brawl tournament since I wasn't a member of Smash Boards until very recently. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Shadow

Rampage

vx
Hey, TS, welcome to the boards. Where were these tournaments you went to held? As you guessed you have to work your way up the rankings by placing well in the tournaments you attend. There's a tournament happening on the 31st and june 7th. The 31st will have brawl singles and doubles; June 7th will have melee singles and doubles with some brawl.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Hi, i'm sorta new to Smash Boards but i was wondering how one goes up in ranking? I live in B.C. and was wondering if you can go to the top but just challenging the number 1 player or if you have to work you way up ect. I've only played in 1 Brawl tournament and 2 Melee tournaments and have won them all but i don't think any of them were listed except for the brawl tournament since I wasn't a member of Smash Boards until very recently. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Shadow
welcome, for more general discussion please visit The BC Canada Thread

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
If this doesn't get updated after Saturday, I'm calling the smash police.

n' the smash police don't F' around.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I'm down for it.. we just need to like.. actually set aside team to meet up on msn or something. So far it's all just been like "Let's update!".. and everyone agrees that it should be updated, and everyone has their opinions on what the update should look like, but because those opinions are different and we don't actually meet, nothing CAN happen. So...? I'm up for anytime next week. How's all your schedules looking?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I can do it anytime. For most people, the evening will probably work better. Although eric works later shifts, usually until 9ish.

Why don't we just send emails to eachother for now?

I'll make a list and send something out to all of you tonite just outlining my main points and arguments for the changes made and what not.

Top Bottom