• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Awesome Official Weekly Fox Doubles Thread--Week 14/15: Pikachu

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Theoretically, this team sounds awesome (I've never played with him as a teammate), but if the partner can make up for Peach's lack of kill moves - it's an instant 7/10. A couple things make it better than that though.

Turnips! Have the Peach throw them upwards and airdodge/aerial into them. Once caught, you have a cute new approach. Turnips are awesome in teams - made better if the partner has a good glidetoss.

Though, I thought Fox has a really "eh" one?

You get the stocks! I'm not an expert on Fox, but from the several I've played I came to the conclusion Fox can KILL. Peach is amazing as a damageracker - just watch as the percents shake up to 100%, then zoom in with a signature usmash. Peach's ability to float on a different plane then the rest of the characters also helps in not getting killed herself. It's a really awesome combination.

Toad tricks! As a counter, Toad is only "adequate", but in teams, Toad can be used to his full extent. Have Fox start bombarding with lasers and Peach use Toad - you now essentially have a high ranged, high knockback fan of spores to use at any moment. Normally, this works well with any projectile partner - but with Fox's lasers, I can't think of any other projectile best suited for it.

It works by hitting Peach from any angle, but it'll throw the spores out in front of her. Awesome as an edgeguard.

As a team I give it 8/10. Peach is naturally good in teams.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fight the opponent DDD can't chaingrab lol.

Oh and this team sucks at killing.

>_>
/sarcasm

Irsic

Smash Ace
DDD sets you up for upsmashes really well, and can be done at pretty much any point in a fight.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
hmm can DDD eat Fox on purpose to help him out of somethings? i think it could be a fun combination, wih i ev er had a partner to try this with D:<.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
All i gotta say is FOX DDD is in my top 3 favorite and most fun team to use. I'll just drop one fact/tip. Remember that fox doesnt have kill shots that are so cheesy you can land them at will, BUT when you have a DDD DTHROW the whole game gets ****ted on by fox.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
All i gotta say is FOX DDD is in my top 3 favorite and most fun team to use. I'll just drop one fact/tip. Remember that fox doesnt have kill shots that are so cheesy you can land them at will, BUT when you have a DDD DTHROW the whole game gets ****ted on by fox.
OMFG Rookie hit the nail on the head! So many team combos are opened with Dedede's downthrow.

One of my favorite combos is Dedede's down throw to Fox's down air to Dedede's regrab during the drill.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I've never teamed with a Fox to be honest. He'd be an amazing partner under all circumstances except aiding you when you are being gimped. He does not have multiple jumps or a projectile, and hitting someone up with the bike is easier said than done. As far as damage racking/tanking/setting up kills he's great, though. You cover ground really quickly as well so you can help him out of grab releases as needed.

I'd say an 8 or 9 b/c of how good he is in teams in general and as a partner, no 10 b/c he can't really save you if they've gimped you kinda far.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah Uair from JP can really save Fox, just watch those Usmashs so you don't kill JP on accident. since JP ducks low enough to avoid lasers, if your not fighting a camping team Fox can start shooting and have JP Dtilt in front to guard.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
yeah Uair from JP can really save Fox, just watch those Usmashs so you don't kill JP on accident. since JP ducks low enough to avoid lasers, if your not fighting a camping team Fox can start shooting and have JP Dtilt in front to guard.
I agree with this full. I remember playing G-Reg's Jigglypuff in a friendly doubles match and he kept saving his partner with up airs. IT WAS ANNOYING! =D

G-Reg is too good!

Veril

Frame Savant
Jiggs in general is very good on teams. She can't be gimped, can save fox from gimps. Her aerials can setup a fox up-smash. Phantasm is great for getting Jiggs out of rest lag.

Fox: great ability to get vertical KOs, has a projectile. Very fast grounded
Jiggs: great ability to get horizontal KOs, has incredible aerial maneuverability and speed.

Really dangerous, maneuverable and fragile team. 8/10 due to the insane KO potential and speed.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i main puff and secondary fox i find that they tem very well actually. jiggz can rest opponents while fox is dairing, the priority of their airs are similar, fox is like a faster jiggz. very good teamup.
7 out of 10

MrEh

Smash Hero
You beat the crap out of people, let Bowser to the killing.

Seriously, Bowser wrecks in teams. 8/10

Zhamy

Smash Champion
7/10

You wreck their ****. Bowser wrecks their ****. Win?

I mean, really. There's quite a bit of killing power in this team, and used correctly...

B!squick

Smash Master
With Fox controling the skies and Bowser controling the ground, how can you go wrong?

8/10 Because MrEh said so. I honestly have no idea how good this team would be, lol.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Fox does the damage, Bowser does the killing. The spikey turtle is generally a beast in teams, and a good Fox-Bowser-Team using Fox' speed and Bowser's defense and weight correctly can absolutely destroy.

I'd say 8/10, too.

RPK

Smash Lord
Just Shiek? Or Shiek/Zelda? There is a big difference. >_>

Anyways, Shiek is a very good damage builder. With the combination of tilts, jabs, and grabs, shiek is a beast when it comes to doing damage. However, she suffers from the ability to kill. Which is, of course, where Fox comes into play with his out of no where up smashes.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Okay... I main Sheik but my partner doesn't. So we done our best to see how the performed.

Alright we found that despite that he doesn't main Fox that they perform rather well. I will list the ups and downs now.

pro's:
Sheik's Needle's are an awsome support for Fox.

Chain and Fox A combo go well together.

Sheik grab hold into Fox hyphen kept on working for us a lot. (Sheik has a good grab game so this works well.)

Sheik can combo with f-tilt and have Fox keep the other player away (even with projectiles) and Fox can help Sheik with the combo some times.

Both are fast so they can keep the foe on edge.

con's:
Really the only con is that we kept on hitting each other. Both of these characters use a lot of moves to kill. ie Combo's
These combo's also hit your ally too. If FF would by any chance be off then I would hate to fight this team!

That is my opinion.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Ftilt lock = Epic damage racking up. Fox can keep the opponents in the ftilt lock when they DI out (difficult but good for damage). Both rack up damage really fast, and fox has no killing problem with Usmash. Perhaps this team will be bring combos to brawl?

> >

M@v

Subarashii!
I'd opt for the Sheik player switching to Zelda in this one(As long as they are comfortable with her). You already have the fast guy in fox, get Zelda in there for firepower. Of course there is an exception when one of the opponents can get easily ftilt locked.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I'd opt for the Sheik player switching to Zelda in this one(As long as they are comfortable with her). You already have the fast guy in fox, get Zelda in there for firepower. Of course there is an exception when one of the opponents can get easily ftilt locked.
or if one of the opponets is pika......*shudders*

if fox is being ganged up on Zelda can toss out dins too. and since Fox inflicts most of the damage most of Zeldas moves stay fresh enough for earlier kills.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I think is better to stay with shiek... the speed of the match with fox and shiek together is so fast that it can cause the opponent to make a lot of mistakes and two things can happen: 1) sheik can get the opponent of the stage and try to gimp him/her while fox take care of the other one, or 2) while one or the other is comboing one of the opponents the other comes and finish it with a simple but devastating up smash that both have. The only problem is that both are lightweight so they to be careful with taking to many damage. With this team even pika can be such a problem for fox because sheik would help him almost inmediately. In my opinion this is the best team so far we have discussed, I really like it. By the way, the next one can be Marth-Fox? I am really interested in that one.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fox is incredibly good at teaming with pretty much every character with a good zoning / spacing game. A character like that is able to divide the stage up, limiting opponents movement options, and allowing Fox to capitalize on mistakes due to the added pressure.

We all (should) know that Fox is one of the better offensive characters in the game. He combos and kills quite well... so almost every argument of "A" kills and "B" racks up damage is fairly obsolete... Fox can do both by himself. He just needs two things in a great teammate:

1. A character that is able to hold stocks, living to high %s

2. A character that can apply constant pressure, limiting opponents movements, allowing Fox to rip them up, while they are worried about the pressure.

If his teammate can kill as well, it's simply beautiful, but I don't really think that's necessary.

Characters that I have played with who made for very good teammates are as follows:

Olimar - does not hold stock very well at all, sure... but is quite good in a limited teams situation, and the combos and kill moves that he and Fox both have just work out quite nicely

Luigi - incredible teammate... does everything I just said, has a great air game, a great combo/priority game, and can kill quite well

Samus - Really odd choice, I know... but the team seems to do incredibly well just due to a Samus's good spacing game, and good recovery.

Snake - sure...no brainer. Kinda risky, since Fox can get blown up a lot with his speed getting in the Snake's way, but overall good.

MK - uh... duh

DDD - double duh

ROB

Wario

Sukai

Smash Champion
Maybe next time Zephil, by decision of coin flip, the discussion is how well does Fox work with his very kryptonite, Pikachu?
Go.

Zephil

Smash Ace
OMG awesome pick for pika!! xD... lets see... Pikachu is a nightmare for fox but as some people say: "If you can´t defeat them, join them"... Pika is a good partner for fox, he also has very quick moves and is easy for him to make damage... his edgeguard and pressure game is great basically thanks to his tilts and thunder. One think I like from this team is top kills FTW!! both have great moves to kill at the top of the level... fox has the legendary "flash kick" and pikachu has decent wanna be "flash kick", also pika combo utilt-thunder is very good and even fox´s utilt is helpful for pika as is also great to lift the oponent at high %s... Oh an intersting fact I see very common against pikas is that normally (don´t know why) if the oponent DIs the Dsmash... normally he escapes frem the left side, fox can predict this and when the opponent DIs the smash, FLASH KICK!! sexy...

Good team indeed 8/10 in my opinion because the drawback is that both chars are fair light but at least pika is heavier than shiek (I think, correct me if I am wrong)

But the best thing about this team is that for the first time we don´t have to worry about a lol grab

Top Bottom