• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
AFAIK, we aren't expecting a ton.

Guessing:

4-7 from the DFW area (probably Denti, ALSM, Dojo, Cake; Y.b.M has also expressed interest)

5-10 from the Houston area (Leaf, Razer, Gnes, Sync, Kilik have all expressed interest, might be more)

Maybe 2-5 from SA (Megafox and Nike have expressed interest, counting on only one carpool)

WTF Coastal bend

5-10 from Austin (have RedShadow, may or may not have Mike2, Nick, Ricky, Jozef, Nameless Wanderer)

So around 16-32 or more depending on who goes from where and what Coastal Bend is doing.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Don't think any of the coastal bend is gonna be able to make it to this since there was a tourney this weekend and one on the 3rd, 3 weekends in a row doesn't work for anyone's budget, lol.

We'll try to make future ones tho!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Lol I'm not from DFW area... I'm further from them than yall are.

If I come (should know by tomorrow) I'm bringing 4 people. I think DFW is taking about 5 if not more.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, neat. Thanks for telling me your numbers, Dojo.
And thanks for letting me know, Zano. Hope you guys can come in the future. ^_^

Where the hell do you live that you're SO far out, Dojo? That big empty space in West Texas?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh WOW. That's... pretty far out.

EDIT: HOLY ****, I just realized that my sister's wedding is a little over a week away and my dad's birthday is the day after and I haven't gotten either of them anything yet (or even started thinking about it). **** **** ****!

Also, you main Marth now, Joel?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I’m sorry to just barge into your thread, but I really want to invite you guys to my tournament in April here in Tucson, Arizona. This is a big tournament I am running, and I would be pleased as punch if you could come. Also, it’s AXE’s 21st birthday too, so that is already mad hype. I ask you guys to make the trip down here, and enjoy some cool spring weather this Easter weekend. Thanks!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=309171

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
@Shaun It's complicated... He's my my main focus, but I still have a lot to learn. In tourney, I will be going mostly Marth and G&W. Falco is on the back burner, but I will play him in tourney if I am doing well with him that day.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah... It's getting nice and cool already. There should be a cold front coming through tonight.
It already smells like moist dirt.

EDIT: NVM, I'll figure something out.

IG88

Smash Cadet
can't wait for saturday :] still waitin on a confirm from dojo's carpool, should be a good weekend though!

Knightmare00

Smash Rookie
Hey whats up everyone. Im new to this forum but I've been looking for someone to smash ever since I've been here in UT. Does anyone want to help me out?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yup! We usually have weekly smashfests (which will alternate between being on-campus and off-campus).
This Saturday, we're having a tournament rather than having a smashfest.
Next week, we'll most likely have a fest at either Jozef's place (South Austin) or Joel's place (San Marcos), depending on whether or not Jozef can host next week. We usually carpool to fests off-campus.

Just keep an eye on this thread for announcements and post if you want a ride to one.
Keep in mind that we're a Brawl group. If you want Melee, talk to the U.T. Austin Smash group, though on-campus fests will have both groups.

derkapalooza

Smash Journeyman
WTF Coastal bend
yea sorry. i really wouldnt mind going, but the rest of the coastal bend guys dont have the money or motivation to go to a tourney 2 weekends in a row. we, the "coastal bend" have actually been to like the past 2 major tourneys in austin. so dont forget about us when we actually start to get things going more down here. like on march 3rd for example :) (rgv still rises from the dead occasionally too, so dont think were alone down here lol).

Moocowfan

Smash Rookie
Just made an account for this... but I love Brawl! xD I can't go to the tournament this Saturday but I'm hoping to go to future ones. :)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
We're not going to be able to make it this weekend.
:/
So San Antonio is coming now, but Dojo's group isn't?
What a topsy-turvy world.

yea sorry. i really wouldnt mind going, but the rest of the coastal bend guys dont have the money or motivation to go to a tourney 2 weekends in a row. we, the "coastal bend" have actually been to like the past 2 major tourneys in austin. so dont forget about us when we actually start to get things going more down here. like on march 3rd for example :) (rgv still rises from the dead occasionally too, so dont think were alone down here lol).
Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for that to sound like an accusation or anything.
It's impossible for me to completely forget that you guys EXIST when I have to check your thread every time there are new posts, but it's just difficult for me to get out of the "4 main cities" mentality sometimes.

And I know what you mean about not having the money to travel. I almost didn't even have enough to enter the tournament we're hosting this weekend. ^^;

Just made an account for this... but I love Brawl! xD I can't go to the tournament this Saturday but I'm hoping to go to future ones. :)
Neat. We'll have to start holding tournaments more often now. ^_^
As I mentioned an hour ago, we also have smashfests often, if you're interested.

EDIT: Y'know, I've been watching a lot of oldish replays and really been thinking "Wow, Mike2's an intelligent player."
The ending on this one in particular is really quite impressive.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
Hey Shaun, what did you want me to bring tomorrow? I have some tables and chairs and stuff. And I can go buy some things if we need them. I'm also bringing my monitor

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
First, here's a list of what people are bringing in case we need it in here:
Sky Pirate:
4 T.V.s
1 Wii
2 Standard Power strips (6 outlets, 15 amp limit each)
1 long-corded power strip (8 outlets, 15 amp limit)
1 green multi-outlet extension cord (3 outlets every yard, total of 12 outlets, 5 amp limit)
1 other multi-outlet extension cord (4 outlets, ? amp limit)

PantyRaider:
1 Full setup (Wii+T.V.)

Denti
1 Full setup (Wii+T.V.)

Tree
1 Wii

Big Boss
1 Wii
Considering the venue, I don't think we'd need more than one table and two chairs for the T.O. station (we're sharing the room with the melee guys, so we probably wouldn't have a podium like last time).
The monitor would be lovely, as would your laptop. I'll be bringing mine (I need it for this Sunday anyway), but IDK if you have anything special on your TIO. I have a list of almost every player on the Texas PR ranked according to their tier (10 S, 9 A, 8 B, 6 C, 4 D, 2 E, 1 F), but I know you guys like to rank it manually so it might be better to have yours.
I'm assuming Joel's riding with you, so you guys are also bringing a setup. Are you sure you'll be able to fit all that stuff?

About seating, we could just have people seated the way they were last time (some on the desks, some in the chairs). It seems like it would be difficult to fit more chairs in between them...

Hmm... Can't really think of anything else.
You're more experienced than I am as far as this stuff is concerned, can you think of anything else we might need?

EDIT: Also, I'm going to try my best to bring four T.V.s, but it might be three by this point. I really hurt my arm loading one of the larger ones last night and I still have one to go.

Moocowfan

Smash Rookie
Neat. We'll have to start holding tournaments more often now. ^_^
As I mentioned an hour ago, we also have smashfests often, if you're interested.
How often are the smashfests, and when is the next one? Also, where are they? O.o I don't have a car so I'm hoping they are on the UT campus or near... lol xD

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
If the fest is on campus it's usually at Welch 3.208 otherwise you'd need to carpool with someone going to the fest.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
lol A Peach and Lucas main.

Keep Austin weird. :cool:
I played Peach in Melee, and just kept using her for Brawl. I spent a long time trying to get better with other characters (I spent most of my time playing Target Test, so I got pretty good at handling most of the characters) but I'm still way better with Peach than anyone else. But Peach (and Daisy; I use her costume) is awesome so I don't care! ^_^

Edit: And lol, turns out I already made an account a while ago on this site, I accidentally logged into it. :p

Mike2

Smash Ace
Need like a wrist brace or something to keep my wrist from bending. I think the pain is caused by the way my wrist bends when I play. Still get pain while playing brawl and brawl only. I play Gears a lot but my hand feels fine afterwards. Maybe because my left thumb is more involved when playing brawl.
And I can't. stop. playing. Gears. So addictive.

We need to play horde together on Insane some day. Want to beat it and level up things. But playing with random people is ****.

OH SHIII armored kantus in the next dlc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eetgItGbnk
^ might be fake

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh, I think the room for the next fest on-campus (on March 10) was different. Let me find the PM and I'll update this post when I do.

EDIT: WOW, I'M DUMB. It was a post, not a PM.
February 11: Welch 3.08
February 25th: FAC 21
Two weeks later (March 10th) : FAC 21
So the fest on the 10th will be in the same location as the tournament tomorrow.

By the way, Jozef can host next week either on Saturday (March 3) or Sunday (March 4).
EDIT: Wait, holy crap, I can't do Sunday.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I hope so, too.
Will you be bringing a Wii? I loaded my fourth T.V., so we'll need one more Wii.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Excellent. Thank you. ^_^

By the way, I might need some help loading my T.V.s after the tournament, if anyone would be willing to help. My arm is still killing me and one of them weighs as much as I do.

Top Bottom