• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
looooooooooooooool i dont think sean will live this one down
Yeeeeah... That's what I get for not knowing the proper protocol for cheering someone up. ^^;
Oh well. I don't have to choose to define myself by how I'm perceived. If I know I'm straight, I'm straight.

- The Secret World of Arrietty looks cute, but I get this strange feeling that I've seen this concept somewhere before, and not just in Minish Cap. Can't place it.

- First boss in Revelations freaked me the hell out twice, first with the sound he makes before you fight him and again during the battle. Was reloading my rifle and waiting for him to come downstairs and he just appeared right next to me and said "TASTY..."
At first I just freaked out and ran, but after a few seconds I started to think "...Snake?"
I mean, he was trying to contact someone via radio...

IG88

Smash Cadet
man, i'll be in houston that weekend lol fml i should just give up on playing brawl this semester if it keeps up at this rate

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
man, i'll be in houston that weekend lol fml i should just give up on playing brawl this semester if it keeps up at this rate
Might as well. That way you can john when I take your money at WHOBO.

:phone:

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You're right. I just type things to see myself type.

By the way, I'll probably be bringing 4 T.V.s (I'm loading one heavy T.V. when it stops raining and one the day of the tournament in case I hurt myself loading ^^; ), one Wii, at least two power strips, and one extension cord to the tournament. Who else is bringing set-up stuff?

I'd really like Mike2 and Joel to bring full set-ups, if possible. Anyone else that can, please do.
If you can't, at least bring either a Wii or a T.V.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I hate you, Cloverleaf.
But I like you, Paw. :< No homo.

I will bring a full setup. Also try and practice that lolimar this week. I want to get top 3 in teams. We got dis Shaundra!
[yt]tfslY_AvhLw[/yt]

I play every day, but RE:R and TotA have been cutting my daily playing significantly. ^^;
I'll be playing more as the date approaches, though.

Also, kinda forgot that Natalia joins at level 10, so... everyone else is at 20 and she just joined.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Shaun, do you think Abyss is worth it if you've already played it on PS2?

:phone:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Shaun, do you think Abyss is worth it if you've already played it on PS2?
I think it's worth it, but I only think that because it's portable.
The 3D effect isn't significant, the graphics haven't been updated, and they didn't seem to change anything major in terms of gameplay (excluding the touch-screen controls during battle, but it's only the normal second-stick-special thing; you can only map attacks to them, not items).
It's really a matter of whether YOU think it's worth having Abyss-on-the-go if you've already played it before.

Anyone else think it's funny that since everyone declared "I want to get serious about brawl," that we haven't had a fest?
I didn't think it was funny when we didn't have enough people for a fest. :glare:
We had the club room to ourselves that week and it would have been the perfect time to discuss important tournament-related stuff.
I have something that I want to discuss with you at the tournament, Collin. It's not important in a bad way, just something neat I've been thinking about.

I'd chalk the whole "not having a fest" thing up to coincidence, BTW.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
I know no one really knows me, but I have an apartment in South Austin and three T.V.'s available for smash fests when I don't work or have school...

Just throwing the possibility out there.

Jozef

Smash Rookie
Oh neat, Mike2 lives in South Austin. Maybe we could start having fests there sometimes.

By the way, have you seen the thread for the upcoming tournament? I know you were interested. ^_^
I have seen it but I am pretty sure I work that day. If I can make it I'll be going though.
I saw some trouble with fests and getting them started so I thought I'd at least offer to help out.
(My apartment is a little ghetto but it will hold quite a bit of people :D)

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It isn't a question, and I'm too lazy to send a PM for something minor.
Do you think I'm made of time or something?

IG88

Smash Cadet
with regards to the tourney, I might end up housing a few people, got asked about it last night by tyson but we never came to a conclusion about it so i'm gonna do my best to make that happen if they still need it. Can't wait for saturday! Anyone know off the top of their head what time the tourney is supposed to start? Too lazy, or i guess too busy trying to get ready for my test at 10, to scroll up and look at the tourney thread lol

Top Bottom