• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
x is for xtreme.

as in META KNIGHT!
on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not so extreme, and 10 being extremely extreme, I give it a 9.5, EXTREME!!!!

Dang, stfu, Chad. I'm pretty sure I asked you at least 30 times about your leg over the course of the weekend, lol. Stop blameshifting your acts of "toughness" onto me :p
I just want someone to rub my back and give me a warm glass of milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
That's what hos are for.
Bingo. There was a reason previous comment was directed at you, sweetie.

Ohsnap.

::edit::

Mustafa, if you can't come at 6:30-7 with Chris due to "dinner time" don't fret, My place is packed with food atm... amazing, left over, mother is in town, home made food.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Chris, leave at 8 so I can come. Fear my wrath if you don't do as I say.
Dammit Mustafa!

Haha, 8 is fine with me. I'll work more on my script for my next short while I'm waiting on your slow rear eating.

EDIT--Daaaang, Juan gettin' wrecked by the Chadinator!

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So I haven't posted in a while. I'm in MO right next to St Louis. I find a group of Brawl players up here and went against Legan and a few others. Jeez I shouldn't stopped playing because my Kirby is seriously lacking. Lucky for the Falco and ROB backup.

>_> I miss TX, it's too cold up here.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Ya when the intros were happening I heard Legan and I thought to myself, 'I think I'm suppose to know this person already.'

They're all going to No Koast this weekend so they were doing more then just friendlies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, my weekend is free then, but I don't feel like driving that far. XD

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Y'all SHOULD go to No Koast. I kinda wanna go to No Koast and it'd be better to see people I know =D?

F' it. That's a long *** drive to KS from Austin.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Well if I can get a ride from one of these MO brawl kids, I'll be there too. I'll be the guy with a Longhorns hat on lol.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
UT Smash Club meeting tomorrow, Friday Oct. 23rd, 5-11pm in WEL 3.502! We'll have 5 setups running Brawl and Melee. It will be mostly friendlies; no events are planned, though if people want to do a little fun tourney or something we can certainly do that. As usual, there will be snacks and we'll record some matches. Please come for a while!

Edit: The room for friday's meeting has changed to Welch 1.308!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'll think about it. I got my dose of smash for the week at Chad's. Great stuff guys. Had a whole lot of fun. Juan and I are taking Low Tier Teams.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm feeling really good about HOBO 20 in general. That was some effing good Smash last night.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Was goin' on, Ernie? (I bet only Mustafa gets that one, haha.)

I'm going to be making a documentary about competitive Brawl and its players at HOBO 20 next month. For everyone who's coming to HOBO, you guys are gonna get priority, so I'd love to be able to interview you all for the video. For more details of the documentary, check out the thread I made:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8710335#post8710335

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If you're not planning on going to HOBO, Chad, I can bring my gear during a fest at your place sometime. Getting interviews in a different setting could make for a better video.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm not 100% sure if I can this week. Something pretty crazy happened over the weekend: I met a man who works as a producer in Hollywood over the weekend, and I pitched him my story idea I've been working on since 8th grade...and he loved it. He asked me to send him the treatment of it via email, so I need to work on getting it properly formatted ASAP this week.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Get together is going to be hard for me this week and the next one if it's planned for Wednesday as is the norm, have papers and tests up the ***. The only time that would really work for me is Tuesday or Friday, b/c Saturday is Halloween party time.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
I can do tuesday evening i think, i dunno yet.
Anyone know where i can find some 70's clothes?

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
wtf? i keep my picks in my secret stash, along with all of my spare cookies.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I can do tuesday evening i think, i dunno yet.
Anyone know where i can find some 70's clothes?
LOL Juan.

Try some of the vintage shops here in Austin. I don't really shop at vintage stores too much and right now I'm too sleepy to think. Just google them. =P
If you are making a costume, try Goodwill or something. =P

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno about who's driving, but as far as Chad's goes, I'm free up until Thursday. And yes, I got the reference Chris lol.

And the interview thing sounds great. I wouldn't mind repping the low tiers for your interview. Juan can dive into Hispanic culture and how it goes hand in hand with Brawl.

Secret filming technique: Have Chad stare at the Camera for a bit = A+

Edit: Chris, I expect this project of yours to have the whole bang. Love, drama, action, explosions, comedy, Batman, and Nicholas Cage.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Chris, we're probably going to nominate you again, lol. You haven't been to anything for a while and Jordan has driven to one HOBO and Dallas (for No Koast) while I drove all of us to Steakfest and then drove to Dallas with Chad.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
That's cool. I have no problem driving this time around. So if I've got this right, who's coming is:

Me
Juan
Jordan
Mustafa
One more person

Top Bottom