• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I think part of it has to do with being bored in my room at college, and a part of it has to do with the fact that the Austin community is way smaller than Dallas'. Smaller community = close knit group. Dallas is huge, way too many people in that area to get to know.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
We should play this week. Im willing to have people over at my place tomorrow, I may be free sometime later in the week also.

Doubt it though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
There's a Chathering on Wednesday, bro.
Cool story, bro.

I had to do it. :p

I'll do my best to come Wednesday. I'll be shooting my RTF project that day, and one of my shots is a sunset shot. I'll try to come by for a while, though.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Probably can come by Wednesday for a few hours. Depending on when I'm free. Monday is a no go. Busy from 9 am to 12 am.

Those that rely on me for rides, try to find someone else Wednesday. Thought I'd give a heads up on that.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'd be able to go first off.

Second, if I go, it'd only be for a couple of hours. Which I may not want to do with the way my car has been lately.

So I won't be able to give your or anyone else a ride.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Find rides! I've been gimped up since my game saturday (knee injury) and require everyone's presence for the sake of my sanity. Luckily I have been told its not ligament damage, could be a meniscus tear though ; ;

Edit:

And John, if you can give people a ride here but can't stay for very long I can give people a ride back when we wrap everything up. So you can cut out early if need be, although you know you will want to stay the whole time to snort rails of blow off a strippers ***. (i have some surprises planned!)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My apologies for asking this, but when is the proper time to inquire about possible carpools for a tournament?

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Or planning at all.

And Jon, if you can give people a ride here but can't stay for very long I can give people a ride back when we wrap everything up. So you can cut out early if need be, although you know you will want to stay the whole time to snort rails of blow off a strippers ***. (i have some surprises planned!)
I could do that Chad (to both of your suggestions). I'll see if my car is up for it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My apologies for asking this, but when is the proper time to inquire about possible carpools for a tournament?
Well it's a first come first serve basis...so pretty much whenever someone announces that they will be driving or just call a spot after the previous tournament is done.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My apologies for asking so many questions and the incredible amount of formality, but I'm kind of new to tournament preparations and such and I'm not really in touch with the Austin brawl scene outside of my little group.

So Austin tends to throw carpools together at the last minute?
And the tournament I'm trying to find a ride to is No Koast. Is inquiring now too early or late?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's not too late. I'm just not sure if anyone from here is going to No-Koast. I think Hylian's internet is still inactive, and he would be the only person I would consider to drive up there. So, if you can find a way to contact him, that would be your best option.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah, okay. Thank you for your patience, but I don't really know any way to contact Hylian.
If anyone does decide to go up, has a space available, and is willing to take me along, please let me know.
Otherwise, I'll just talk to you guys once my car is repaired. ^^;

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hylian has a phone number listed on the front page. I think he was planning on traveling to Dallas and then riding to KS with them. Give him a call and ask. You may get ditched if Dallas only has one spot left, though... seniority and all that.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I would rather miss the tournament than bother someone I don't know by calling them to ask for a ride. That's disrespectful.
Thank you for the help, though. I'll just try to find a ride elsewhere.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
HEYYYY YOUUU GUYYYYSSS.

So i had originally planned for start time for wednesday to be 3, or show up anytime after, but I will be moving it to 5.

Only because I took the earliest possible appointment to have my knee looked at and it's 3 on wednesday.

Of course people are more than welcome to show up whenever, but I won't be home til 4-5.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I would rather miss the tournament than bother someone I don't know by calling them to ask for a ride. That's disrespectful.
Thank you for the help, though. I'll just try to find a ride elsewhere.
It's not disrespectful. The people who put their numbers on the front page of this thread put them there so that people in the Austin scene could contact them. So if you really need a ride, don't be afraid to call. :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can definitely relate.
Having three tests in the next two days sucks too. Ugh.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
In reference to people needing a ride tomorrow.

My orthopedics appointment is at 3:15 at 32nd and I-35, figureing ill be done around 4-4:15, so if you would like me to pick you up on the way back to my place just call or text me to tomorrow so we can get the arrangements figured out.

If multiple people need rides it would be a big help to meet up at one place so i only have to make one stop. (assuming most of yall are on campus.)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I got a Physics study group meeting from 5-7...then I'm gonna eat...then I'll be free. From what it sounds like, I might not fit into anyone's time range.

EDIT: Personally, if not that many people are gonna turn up at the fest, then I don't wanna go. Who's all gonna be there?

2nd EDIT: Actually, I might have to ditch, cause I just noticed I have a research paper due one week from now. Need to get started on that.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Jordan and I are going to be there from 5-11. Silent Rain wants a ride, you want to go as does Charles, and Chris and Johnathon are going to show up as well. Chad of course will be there too, and he's marginally feeding us.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Yes I do need a ride, however I need someone to take me back to my back as well. :/

Should we set a meeting spot for those that need a ride? I live on Riverside but I can take the bus to campus if that's the meeting spot for those that need a ride.

Any takes? =P

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I got a Physics study group meeting from 5-7...then I'm gonna eat...then I'll be free. From what it sounds like, I might not fit into anyone's time range.

EDIT: Personally, if not that many people are gonna turn up at the fest, then I don't wanna go. Who's all gonna be there?

2nd EDIT: Actually, I might have to ditch, cause I just noticed I have a research paper due one week from now. Need to get started on that.
WTF, one week to do a research paper? Man, Mustafa, you need to learn PROcrastination.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just got back from my shoot. It's hot as a mofo lugging camera gear around in this weather. XD

I have class from 4-6, then I'll scarf down some food and head on over.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
WTF, one week to do a research paper? Man, Mustafa, you need to learn PROcrastination.
This is what I told myself when I had to prepare for my Psych test...2 days before my Psych test, I got owned by huge amounts of work from other classes. Gotta play it safe this time.

Top Bottom