• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Ganon. :(

Thats right i posted!!!!!!

Oh and I'll try to show up to the tournament if anyone else goes. Won't enter and can't stay for very long.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
If you want some good Ganon, play Brawl +. He got majorly buffed.
Zero-death combos, amazing power, and gets 2nd jump back after Wizard's Foot.
Only downsides, easy to combo and bad against projectiles.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Brawl+ doesn't seem that great, but I'm gonna go with a friend for some friendlies. Hope I play some good people. Too bad I can't enter the tourny bah!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I'm gonna go. Wanna give this club a chance.

On another note, Juan, you wanna team for low tier doubles at Hobo 20 if they have that instead of low tier singles? Super Ganon+Ike Fun Time.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Brawl +...

More like Brawl -...

Burn.
lol noob.

Brawl+ doesn't seem that great, but I'm gonna go with a friend for some friendlies. Hope I play some good people. Too bad I can't enter the tourny bah!
you obviously haven't played enough of it. Hell, I didn't think it was that great first time I tried it, 2 hours later I did. Brawl is just camping and competing to outspace one another, cuz there's no hit-stun or shield-stun. At least in Brawl + if you hit someone, you have a good chance of being able to hit them again. And even better if you're not good at Melee, there's a good chance you'll still be good at Brawl +, cuz it doesn't have the same tech-skill demands, with no wavedashing and auto L-cancel. Also no lame-*** chain grabs or grab release, real COMBOS.
I would highly recommend you give it another shot. Not next meeting cuz we needs set-ups for the tournament, but the meeting after if we have at least six, there'll be a Brawl + one, and I'll be encouraging everyone to at least try it out.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I want to assure you guys that we at Smash Club are not interested in converting you to the "most fun" smash game. We believe they are all fun, try to provide all of them (though mostly Brawl & Melee) at every meeting, and let you decide what you wanna play. Hope to see you at many of our meetings!

Gea

Smash Master
Is today opposite day? Or should I say...is today not opposite day? Or should I say is today not matching day?
Espy doesn't like Melee because he believed the old rumors that Sonic was in the game. So he tried and tried to unlock Sonic. But alas, he was the fool.

That bitterness dwells within him even to this day.

He mad.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What can I say, I die hard.
So, there's more to you than just looking like me. What are you anyway?

gnes, you're becoming my favorite smasher.
Sorry Vex.

Is today opposite day? Or should I say...is today not opposite day? Or should I say is today not matching day?
Both. lol.

Espy doesn't like Melee because he believed the old rumors that Sonic was in the game. So he tried and tried to unlock Sonic. But alas, he was the fool.

That bitterness dwells within him even to this day.

He mad.
I got TWICE as many kills in Cruel Melee.
****ing Sakurai.

Nah, I love Melee.
It just doesn't have Sonic in it, so it sucks.

I love Brawl too, though not initially as much as I loved Melee, but Brawl has Sonic in it.
Ergo, Brawl is better than Melee by default. La Fin.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oookay. :p

That's cool though. We'll have to team some other time.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
lol, i like how some random guy just comes in here talking down to people.

I tried the whole UT smash club thing last year guys, i went from being disappointed to being ambivalent.

But you guys will see. I think ill be free for a bit around 6 so if you guys are still around, I may drop by before doing more work.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's looking like 5 right now.

You
Me
Juan
Jordan
Danny (my roomie--he actually wants to come)

But then again, my roomie may end up doing something with his girlfriend at the last minute...because that happens a lot, haha.

If more people wanna come this time around, we may end up with two cars after all.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Chad works on weekends, and I'm pretty sure Charles and John don't go to trnies anymore. Mike is the most likely out of all of those.

Grayfox43

Smash Cadet
Hmm, well currently I'm thinking I'm gonna sit this HOBO out. I could change my mind as November rolls around, but for now count me out.

Also Juan if you wanted us to post our schedules on here:
I have class
Monday and Wednesday: 12-1, then 3-4, then 5-6
Tuesday: 1-6
Thursday: 2-6
Friday: 12-1

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
im interested in going as long as im free.

for real this time. It has been far too long of a drought for me.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
dude i wouldnt lie to you guys. Ive tried it and that was part of the reason I said we should take it over.

Hell, we have our own little unofficial smash thing going on already, why add rules to it?

We could do crew battles against them though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
dude i wouldnt lie to you guys. Ive tried it and that was part of the reason I said we should take it over.

Hell, we have our own little unofficial smash thing going on already, why add rules to it?

We could do crew battles against them though.
Our Crew Drunk, High, and Making Love > Their Crew

In any case, I posted some suggestions in their thread. I think the main problem was more of how unorganized they were with running the tournament, and how poor the turnout was. I told them that they should do a better job promoting, and should even consider teaming up with EGADS.

Top Bottom