• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nah, not really. Trey is only allowed to play with us when Charles can't make it. He's our replacement black guy. Still only one allowed at a time.
During middle school, my only black friend in our group wanted us to call him "Token".

Irony being that in elementary school, I was the token Hispanic in a group of black friends.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
During middle school, my only black friend in our group wanted us to call him "Token".

Irony being that in elementary school, I was the token Hispanic in a group of black friends.
Dayummm Espy, I didn't realize you were so gangsta.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
A pretty great social thread for a pretty great community.

Thanks to everyone, double thanks to Chad, and also come to NO KOAST if you want to see my shining little face again.

I don't want to spend 8 hours getting aircamped by a Jiggs.
:D

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
So, we playing this week at all?

I think I may have found another potential person to join the group. He plays falco and has potential nce he gets rid of alot of his bad habits.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My week is fairly easy. Just lemme know when you guys wanna get together, and I'll see what I can do.

Our group is growing so fast! *tear*

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
If we do play this week, i'll bring TMNT Smash Up.

Similar to brawl, but less character variety. Has combos though, so thats a plus. We'll see what happens with this game, but I'm liking it.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
I would love to go and get some games in, I need to improve XD. But my week is stupid busy and I probably wouldn't have a ride to wherever this is going down.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so I may have found a venue to host the next tournament.
Are you guys still playing Brawl? If so, more info on that sometime within' the next 2 weeks.

Another thing I want to throw out there.
http://www.savethearcade.com , if you guys can, please play the game here, collect as many points as you can and donate your points to Arcade UFO. Don't matter if you played for 5 minutes, any amount of points count. We need all the support we can get.
The Arcade with the most points will win $25,000, making the Arcade a better place. So with that said, please donate to Arcade UFO, we need that money.
Right now we are winning, however we are quickly losing our lead, and without your help, we will lose :(

Oh yeah, and a Brawl tournament happening in South Texas.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=7372180#post7372180

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yep yep Pozer, we're getting a pretty nice sized Brawl scene here in the ATX now. If you got us a venue, that is gonna be so freaking sweet. Austin needs to start hosting tournaments BAD.

(And yes, I know it's supposed to be "badly." :p)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hey if you guys are having a Brawl tourney I'll prolly be able to make it. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know of a venue we could use. I've already talked with the owner about it. He's really uptight about legal stuff, but as long as I'm hosting it and not the store it should be good. I planned on talking with him again when I find a date suitable for hosting a tournament, but I'm moving soon and lots of tournaments are happening so it's hard to find time.

Keep an eye out for venues though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmm well I'm driving to hobo19. First spots go to those I'm more familiar with obviously.

5 spots:

1. Hylian
2. PhantomX
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??

Wolf(Greyfox43 who I am now calling wolf to avoid confusion) expressed interest so he will get a seat more likely than not. Zigsta gets a seat if he wants to go cause he drove last time <3. Charles/John/Jamal/Others who is interested?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure Mustafa said he wanted to come. Don't know if he's changed his mind now that MK is legal, though. I think Chris said he can't b/c his week after HOBO is crazy.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Yep yep Pozer, we're getting a pretty nice sized Brawl scene here in the ATX now. If you got us a venue, that is gonna be so freaking sweet. Austin needs to start hosting tournaments BAD.

(And yes, I know it's supposed to be "badly." :p)
Yeah, I hear ya'.

And thanks for the points guys.
Remember, http://www.savethearcade.com and donate to Arcade UFO :D

Anyways, about the venue, it's actually located in Round Rock called "Titan Gaming".
I told to the main guy who owns the place and he said he would have no troubles of I decided to host a Smash Brawl tournament there. I won't be able to confirm anything until the next few days, however.

Another thing he mention was that they we're going to have there OWN Brawl tournament, with like prizes, goods, and what not. However, they don't have a date on that tournament just yet and they are unsure of how the out come will be. I asked if I could help them with that specific tournament, but they said they needed no help.

Otherwise, I'll keep you all updated.
SAVE THE ARCADE TOO!! haha ;p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, I sadly won't be able to go to HOBO this time around. That weekend is one of those crazy weekends where I have to read an entire novel on top of other homework. XD I'd like to go to the next one, though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hmm well I'm driving to hobo19. First spots go to those I'm more familiar with obviously.

5 spots:

1. Hylian
2. PhantomX
3. ??
4. ??
5. ??

Wolf(Greyfox43 who I am now calling wolf to avoid confusion) expressed interest so he will get a seat more likely than not. Zigsta gets a seat if he wants to go cause he drove last time <3. Charles/John/Jamal/Others who is interested?
Oh I'm going barring any huge tests or research papers due the following Monday or Tuesday. I found out Inui is coming, so I wanna see who has the better Ike among him, Lee Martin, and Me. Low Tier Singles ftw. Reserve me a spot.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
GL getting Charles to go to anything.

I won't be going to Hobo, though I need someone to pick up my blankey and pillowey(??).

And I probably won't be going to San Antonio either if we were still going. Once the weekend gets closer, I'll know for sure if I'm going or not.

Top Bottom