• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
Then why would you schedule it there?
because sometimes you have to register for classes when they are available, and it doesn't always fit your schedule.

haha, don't worry bored, i chuckled at your reference

Also, how far is Chad's place from the campus?
I'm Slaughter and Manchaca, go as far South Austin as you can, then take one more step south, and you're there. But it's 15 minutes from downtown, and about 20 from campus.

thats probably not a good idea. John ill let you know when im free. Prolly late 4-early 5
The both of you better be here!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
thats probably not a good idea. John ill let you know when im free. Prolly late 4-early 5
I'm accepted in med school already, and I've always self taught myself. GPA isn't really that important, just need to pass.

@Finman... Labs **** up schedules tremendously.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It sucks that I have to go so late :/. Ugh. Hopefully people are still up to play. If not oh well.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
haha, don't worry bored, i chuckled at your reference

Also, how far is Chad's place from the campus?
Both Chris and I are going so if you don't have a car or don't want to take a bus, one of us could probably take you if you live on the way or near UT. That goes for anyone else that wants to go. Don't know who else would have a car thats going besides us.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
If you don't wait til the last minute to register, I don't see this being a problem.
But, okay.
like Juan said, Labs are one thing.

Also, as you progress through your college career you have to take more specialized courses that aren't offered at every time of the day (let alone every semester even.)

Although I must admit, I liked the world a lot better when I thought it revolved around me too. :lick:

>>edit<<

And Jordan, i'll be up to play, and I know Kyle (Thinka) wants to play you as well, and he's stuck here, so hah.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Be sure to bring your own controllers guys.

And also, another setup is starting to sound like a good idea.

Just putting that out there.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
I'm accepted in med school already, and I've always self taught myself. GPA isn't really that important, just need to pass.

@Finman... Labs **** up schedules tremendously.
Oh, that would make A LOT of sense. I don't have that problem.
Forgive me XP.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm going to try and get off work so I can come play all day.

Edit: Ok I got off :). I'll bring a set-up with me.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
My set up is a given. If we have a ps3 i might bring my tv. Or if Chris/Jordan bring their wiis, I'll bring my tv. Otherwise we can use the Mac monitor for my wii.

And do it Jordan. Who needs money, right?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, Hylian is ridiculous... but that's why we love him. I should be there around 4PM.

There better be some BlazBlue playing... I don't want to spend 8 hours getting aircamped by a Jiggs.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol, Hylian is ridiculous... but that's why we love him. I should be there around 4PM.

There better be some BlazBlue playing... I don't want to spend 8 hours getting aircamped by a Jiggs.
Are you on campus? We could carpool if not.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm not, but I have to pick up my bro from school and take him to tennis, etc. Plus I know you're gonna want to stay there til like 4AM, lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Probably not haha I just stay that late because I get there at like midnight usually >_>.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I should be able to bring my Wii if someone can supply a TV. I should be good to leave my place around 8 PM.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll bring a wii and a tv. I'll show up a little after 3..probably first lol.

Grayfox43

Smash Cadet
Hmm I'd want to go, but wouldn't be able to until about 7pm, and at that time there's a ride situation... know of any buses that'd take me there? Or anyone leaving around that time? (I live on campus - Dobie)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wolf, why don't you just wait til Chris (Zigsta) leaves? He's leaving at 8pm, that give you guys at LEAST 3.5 hours to do things if you stay until midnight, more if you guys leave later.

Also... this is gonna be the biggest Austin smashfest ever. We need to get Mustafa to come, someone should call him.

Grayfox43

Smash Cadet
Wolf?...have you been talking to Ice? Haha

And Chris, would you be able to give me a ride? :]

I'll try to get Mustafa to come

<edit>
Okay Mustafa says he should be able to go at 8 if we can get a ride!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Gray, I can give you and Mustafa a ride no problem. I have Mustafa's number--I'll just call when I'm ready to go.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Yo Austin, Im really happy for you and ima let you finish, but San antonio got the best...

dang that dont work either

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Hey John what time are you going? I want to go too! D:

I'm out of class at 5:15 and I need a ride please.
I'm leaving about 6. I get out of class at 5 and if everyone is ready, i may leave earlier. I'll let you know when I'm done with class.

I have 1 spot left for leaving at 5-6. Lol, carpools filling up. What is happening!!!!!!!

Btw, if you go with me, expect to stay at least till 10. Later if everyone else stays, but I'm usually done with brawl after a few hours.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So who all is coming to this? Danny can't make it due to homework, but I'll see if Trey wants to join my carpool.

Chad
Thinkaman
Juan
Jordan
Charles
Sergio
Me
Gray
Mustafa
Trey (maybe)

Is that everyone?

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
10 is perfectly fine with me. I'm the same way, I can only brawl for so long @_@.

I'm excited, so many people going, and lots of you that I haven't met. lol. I'll probably working on a simple assignment for my stats class in between rounds so I won't have to do so much of it tomorrow.
I'll give you a call John when I get out of class around 5:15.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This was a great smashfest. I always heard you guys couldn't get enough people, but the amount we had was perfect. I would do shout outs right now, but I'm too tired right now. Compared to Dallas, Austin players overall have more talent on average compared to the players in Dallas. Good stuff.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Was fun yesterday, level of smash in Austin is getting pretty solid XD San Antonio better watch out!

Also, Chad, how long is Kyle in town for? I didn't get to record matches with him or try out Balanced Brawl so I want to see if I can maybe drop by on Friday/Saturday to do those before he heads off.

Top Bottom