• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kyles leaving midday Friday Juan.

That was an awesome smashfest!!!! Thanks for hosting chad and it was nice meeting everyone I haven't yet. Hope to play with you all in the near future! Everyone seems to be getting better :).

Bored!!! Teach me ike I don't want to be 3 stocked in dittos anymore ;_; haha.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
This was a great smashfest. I always heard you guys couldn't get enough people, but the amount we had was perfect. I would do shout outs right now, but I'm too tired right now. Compared to Dallas, Austin players overall have more talent on average compared to the players in Dallas. Good stuff.
This is true if you're washing away all your talent in pointless/talentless PBT tournaments. Should of played with Me, Bwett, Utdzac (all power ranked), Fogo, Ice, Shuz, etc etc.. dallas is a star studded community and I really think you missed out if you think Austin players overall have more talented players. I think you just played the wrong people Bored. Not saying Austin doesn't have talented players but I do believe Dallas has more/better players.

Also Hylian please give me tons of ICs practice at the upcoming hobo I plan on doing my MM with Lain at No Koast 2 :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
For sure Andy, I'm always up for practice against you :).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Well, it sure was exciting to get everyone together. Let's do this again sometime soon!

Esca

Smash Champion
This is true if you're washing away all your talent in pointless/talentless PBT tournaments. Should of played with Me, Bwett, Utdzac (all power ranked), Fogo, Ice, Shuz, etc etc.. dallas is a star studded community and I really think you missed out if you think Austin players overall have more talented players. I think you just played the wrong people Bored. Not saying Austin doesn't have talented players but I do believe Dallas has more/better players.

Also Hylian please give me tons of ICs practice at the upcoming hobo I plan on doing my MM with Lain at No Koast 2 :).
And they have...

TAKEURLIFE

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Power ranked people go into the same equation as those "scrubby" players. Hence, the total average talent of Dallas is less than Austin.

However, you are right when you say that Dallas has more "power ranked" players. Not gonna deny that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bored!!! Teach me ike I don't want to be 3 stocked in dittos anymore ;_; haha.
I'm sure there was some sand bagging going on in your part. Low Tier doubles or singles for that matter must suck over at Hobo if you made it to grand finals with that kinda performance >_>.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
we cant even top that if we had a SA only tourny
I had a Brawl tournament at my house June of 2008, before I entered the Brawl scene on SWF.

I had 23 people show up, although only 16 of them entered the tournament.
I'll admit, I'm a little upset that San Antonio has less Brawlers now than we did back in June and July.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I'm pretty bad at ike dittos I guess haha.

Though I kept suiciding XD.

Couch Guy IV

Smash Rookie
great turn out yesterday guys, was really nice to see new faces.

I think Mike and Mustafa were the only people I didn't get to brawl with yesterday, let's make it happen next time.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
I agree, yesterday was fun although I was dead tired and I was doing homework in between.

I didn't get to play with everyone, but I hope to be able to play with you guys more often.
You guys are too good at this game. =P

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I agree, yesterday was fun although I was dead tired and I was doing homework in between.

I didn't get to play with everyone, but I hope to be able to play with you guys more often.
You guys are too good at this game. =P
You have a sick Zelda. Gave me way too much trouble then what I thought I would get.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
My Ganon got so much practice yesterday... feeling pretty good about low tier (not expecting top 5, but hopefully I'll break top 10).

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Power ranked people go into the same equation as those "scrubby" players. Hence, the total average talent of Dallas is less than Austin.

However, you are right when you say that Dallas has more "power ranked" players. Not gonna deny that.
wait wtf? who lives in austin besides hylian?

dallas is definitely better in comparison to the number of really good players...

i fell for name bait once again...

*goes back to blazblue*

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
wait wtf? who lives in austin besides hylian?

dallas is definitely better in comparison to the number of really good players...

i fell for name bait once again...

*goes back to blazblue*
Lots of people live in Austin. No one really knows them though except PX and I. I don't know why people from other cities are coming in here judging the skill of people they've never played before, but whatever lol.

Bored never even compared the number of really good players, he compared an average lol. There's no need to get defensive over your city because of one players opinion. Why does everything have to be so serious? We just like to chill :).

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
Pssh, shows how much you know chad. We have a second black guy in eclipse already.

Get with it son.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Nah, not really. Trey is only allowed to play with us when Charles can't make it. He's our replacement black guy. Still only one allowed at a time.

Top Bottom