• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Austin Smash 4 Thread - Weeklies are now at OOPLES!

Mike2

Smash Ace
Not that I really have any say in the matter, but it would be great if we could have a smashfest friday here before you all head out to another tourney I have to miss. T-T
Are you free, Thursday? Maybe we can have a fest/mini-fest then(depending on who can come). Shaun & Joel are not going to the tournament so they'd be missing out on a fest too. But Austin expressed interest in going to Nike's Friday(I probably won't be able to go to Nikefest till the morning anyway as I have plans Friday -_-). I can understand as a full night of friendlies with people OoC seems too good to pass up. Great opportunity to get experience and one of the main reasons I like tournaments.
So a Thursday fest would solve this, if you can make it and Shiken can host. :)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Not that I really have any say in the matter, but it would be great if we could have a smashfest friday here before you all head out to another tourney I have to miss. T-T
Pretend I said something like this, too.

Are you free, Thursday? Maybe we can have a fest/mini-fest then(depending on who can come). Shaun & Joel are not going to the tournament so they'd be missing out on a fest too. But Austin expressed interest in going to Nike's Friday(I probably won't be able to go to Nikefest till the morning anyway as I have plans Friday -_-). I can understand as a full night of friendlies with people OoC seems too good to pass up. Great opportunity to get experience and one of the main reasons I like tournaments.
So a Thursday fest would solve this, if you can make it and Shiken can host. :)
Mike2, you remembered me! I'm so touched (in a completely straight way).
I would be able to play Thursday, but I'll be a little irritable and tired.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Sorry, Collin. I know you play at Joel's, but not always at fests @ Shikens. So I didn't know if you would come or not. Same with everybody else I didn't mention. lol

Ricky, do you know what this is?

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
good read... i could see using that to sneak in d3 dsmashes working pretty well.
will have to practice tomorrow.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
BTW. Mike2, can you bring your T.V. tomorrow?
I seem to have entered a bit of a slump and practicing with humans on a non-laggy T.V. might help.

Also, I won't forget my power cord this time. ^^;

Mike2

Smash Ace
yea. i don't even like playing on the other tv

*scratch that. i can't bring it. it's at tofer's and i'm getting it at nikefest. someone needs to bring a non-lag to the fest or i might punch a baby in the nuts.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497

Well, I could ask Chris if he'll be home Thursday after 4 and willing to let me grab the one I've been keeping there since he won't be hosting for a month.
I'll be coming from Riverside, so it won't be a HUGE detour.

EDIT: Also, took invisible mode off just now.
I didn't realize how strangely exposed it makes you feel to have it off. <_<;

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Okay, Chris confirmed that I can pick it up.

1. Are any of the U.T. guys going Thursday?

2. If so, is anyone picking them up?

My thought was that we might be able to meet up at Chris' complex (since I don't really know where to pick you guys up at U.T.) if anyone wanted to actually arrive at Shiken's place on-time.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I would have been fine with "Pound Puppies", but "My Little Pony"?
This is terrible and Paw should feel terrible for bringing it in here.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm on it!

****, IT'S NOT WORKING!

EDIT: Certainly, Joel. I definitely won't be able to get U.T. people now, though.

EDIT 2: Maybe just one if they're willing to walk to Chris's.

EDIT 3: Maybe two if Joel's T.V. is small enough to fit in my trunk.

EDIT 4: IDK, it's a long day.

TheAlpacaMan

Smash Cadet
Okay guys. Found a possible place to host tourneys. It's in San Marcos, which would be ideal since it's in between San Antonio and Austin. I talked to the owner today and he seems like a really cool guy, and said it would be no problem if we organized and did a tourney there. Keep in mind this is just an idea, just wanted to see what you guys thought since Austin doesn't really have a steady place for tourney's.

Questions, ideas, concerns?

http://www.gamemorenow.com/

That's their website.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I don't get out of class till 7 on Thursday and I don't think anyone would be willing to wait that long to give me a ride so I probably won't go.

Top Bottom