• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask XIF About Peach Thread, because Cort is like 65 years old.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Since Cort's topic seems to be dead.

And I'm bored.

And I know alot about Peach.

And playing like XIF is the fun way to play!!!.....

I have decided to bestow all of my wisdom upon you guys. The masses. My beloved Peach bretheren.

My style of Peach garuntees not only results, but FUN TIMES! (Unlike other peaches I may want to not point out). So be good without running the risk of falling asleep in the middle of matches!

I promise to respond in a timely manner!

Maybe i'll throw in some jokes and ASCII art...

YOU NEVER KNOW!!!

Reference Guide

FC is Float Cancelled, implied to be just above the ground like a shffl.

n, f, b, d, and u stand for the directionals, neutral, forward, back, down and up, respectfully, and will be in front of an attack, like -smash, or -air.

slaps (or slap) refers to her standing neutral A, A (or A).

post.

PS: This was from the other topic, and no one gave a decent response (Pink Shinobi's was kinda short albeit good) So I decided to kick things off with this::

i need some help against bowser xD
Up B out of shield owns you, so don't even think about challenging it. Luckily Peach destroy's bowser in just about every other respect.

If you even want to approach a bowser in sheild, go for some safe options. It's been a while since I fought gimpyfish at FCD, but I recall FC nair to d smash being the only viable options, where the nair gave Bowser enough sheild stun to allow the d smash to hit and shield poke him (Bowser doesn't have a very good shield). Other than that, coming in with dairs on top of him and floating away before it's ended if he sheilds it can be effective as well. The main bit of advice is that don't get to crazy bum rushing bowser. He's a terrible character, but not because you can attack with impunity. He can still easily bait half-***** approaches and hit back hard. Up B is not only great defensively, but can easily kill at 100% or below.

The cool thing is that once you've hit him, he's on full lock down. You can quite literally chain FC nairs across the stage. Bair, Nair, and Dair to d smash all work. Uairs chain at lower percents, which can be lead in directly from an up throw or dtilt. The sky's the limit for combos.

As for edge guarding, against most characters I always suggest going for nairs or bairs straight at them as even a trade from their up B generally puts in an an advantageous position, while ruining their recovery. Against Bowser though, you don't have a very good chance of hitting with nair or bair on start up (the strongest point) because of Bowser's upB's priority, but because Bowser's recovery is so one dimensional, you can easily space a fair and knock him the hell away. Practice on the spacing is the best I can tell you for that though.

And at that, I initiate this topic!

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Cort is so much cooler and better though :]

But <333 XiF for helping reviving life in the Peach boards.

- TyrantWolf

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Cort is so much cooler and better though :]

But <333 XiF for helping reviving life in the Peach boards.

- TyrantWolf
I dunno about the better part but Xif is a cool cigar smokin cuban *** ****** From da dirrty souf! LOL Cort is still too good tho :)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Lol, I'll bite

Dear XIF:

I have always had a problem with Samus...even though I've gotten a lot better at the matchup...I still need help. Would you please bestow your amazing knowledge upon such a lowly Peach player as myself?

- Sincerely, Rain(ame) aka Ame the ominous Raincloud (as shakugan calls me, xD)

*hands XIF a tray of my specially made baked chicken*

MacD

Banned via Administration
i keep being stupid and getting caught in combo's like marth fair many time to spike, it only happens here and there but i have a feeling it shouldn't, and i occasionally get caught in a falcon's wheel of forture, i think these are both bad DI though, i'm assuming both are up and away for the most part, maybe i'm just having problems actually doing that cause i'm used to towards and down

but on an actual good question, the jigs match up, i know the basics of bair's and turnip, and don't dash attack into shield because you get rested, but i can only get so far that way, what kind of advice do you have, right now my problem is spacing the bairs i think, then normally hit my shield and i just jump into the bair but miss then they hit, and i seem to get caught in my sheild a lot and then sit there till i do a random bair, i'm not sure if that is bad or if it doesn't matter, any advice in this match up would be great

EDIT so i was watching a video of you (XIF) vs SavEdge at the DDR/ITG tourney or whatever it is, and the first thing that happens is you get caught in the fairs of marth but you DI down and towards, at least i think you did, now i'm confused

here's the match http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edP5-g1ELzE

XIF

Smash Master
Lol, I'll bite

Dear XIF:

I have always had a problem with Samus...even though I've gotten a lot better at the matchup...I still need help. Would you please bestow your amazing knowledge upon such a lowly Peach player as myself?

- Sincerely, Rain(ame) aka Ame the ominous Raincloud (as shakugan calls me, xD)

*hands XIF a tray of my specially made baked chicken*
Turnips.

Turnips are far and away your best friend in this match up.

The thing you really need to practice is knowing the safe distance where you can grab your turnips. Too often you go to grab a turnip and you get punished with a nair or missle. And they're so important since Samus's priorty makes it very difficult to approach otherwise. Main attack and combo here is going to be turnip to nair or turnip to fair. The idea is to pop her up into the air on your terms, so that you may begin to follow her movements with your aerials. You can space fairs from Samus and she can't hit you out of it with nair. Your back air makes a safe approach as well against missles, but you'll get owned if you try to compete with her aerials with only your bair.

Once samus is off the stage, more turnips. The way the knock back is on your turnips completely screws samus's bomb recovery. If you stand and land the first tunip against samus off the stage, keep pulling and throwing as fast as possible. The trajectory, time it takes to pull and throw, time to travel, and the distance samus gets hit by and starts her bomb jumps again all make it so that you can stand still and throw turnips and each one will hit her progressively out and down. FC fair works if samus tries to sweet spot, as you can often times hit her if you space it out and the crown goes under the ledge.

Try not to challenge samus's sheild too much. Up B out of sheild makes pressuring her difficult, and not worth it. FC Nair to d smash isn't even safe always, and thats about your only decent bet. Also be wary of your float and double jump, as Samus has a knack of screwing dj's and floats the second you start them with a missle, confusing your recovery. Just stay calm and get back in those cases. Don't try anything too fancy. Even against Nair, with proper DI you'll live past 120.

i keep being stupid and getting caught in combo's like marth fair many time to spike, it only happens here and there but i have a feeling it shouldn't, and i occasionally get caught in a falcon's wheel of forture, i think these are both bad DI though, i'm assuming both are up and away for the most part, maybe i'm just having problems actually doing that cause i'm used to towards and down

but on an actual good question, the jigs match up, i know the basics of bair's and turnip, and don't dash attack into shield because you get rested, but i can only get so far that way, what kind of advice do you have, right now my problem is spacing the bairs i think, then normally hit my shield and i just jump into the bair but miss then they hit, and i seem to get caught in my sheild a lot and then sit there till i do a random bair, i'm not sure if that is bad or if it doesn't matter, any advice in this match up would be great
Jiggs matchup is something I generally like. I've only lost to 1 jiggs in the past year or so and well... I'll say I got nervous and played the matchup completely incorrectly and not how I used to. (Hungrybox is going down next tournament <3) Approaching with bairs is not generally the best idea. As much as I hate it, and it's against my normal play style, you need to camp your little heart out. Any moment where you do not have a turnip in hand or in transit is a moment wasted against jigglypuff. The toughest part is finding times to pull turnips safely. Your first priority should be getting far enough away to pull safely and begin your approach. Throwing turnips out of sheild is INCREDIBLY important against jiggs, as sheild grabbing is useless, and you can garuntee a safe approach from that. Attacking at a crouching or sheilding jiggs is not a good idea, but you can safely bet on FC nair to d smash in either situation, as you're looking at the least a sheild poke (always) or a cc d smash, which is always favorable. Jiggs's Floatiness actually makes it so that at low percents you'll land about 2 hits of the d smash.

THE ABSOLUTE IMPORTANT THING ABOUT JIGGS: Don't get greedy. Get your two or three hits in and gtfo. Don't even try to rush her down after that, you're just asking for a bair, and since jiggs has almost instant air acceleration, probably a combo/edgeguard will follow.

One cool thing: You can get away with d smashing the ledge against jiggs. Most don't even bother trying to tech, and those that do can't instantly grab it again or sweet spot again, so you're garunteed another hit anyway. This is assuming they come from below, which admittedly doesn't happen alot, but still does.

As for Marth and CF combos: DI away, and keep DI'ing away. Only change it up if you see an f smash or a knee coming, in which case DI up. DI'ing marth's tipper away can get you kill at 40, and a knee will get you killed at like 60. Fox, Marth, and Falcon are the 3 matchups to peach where DI is by far the most important element. It's the difference between at 60 and a 120 percent kill. Good DI (plus smash DI) against a Fox up smash on DL64 has allowed me to live past 120, which is good even for that stage. Marth is a character where if you get stuck in the combo, just cut your losses and wait for it to end, don't try to air dodge or nair or dj out of it, it'll make things worse in the end. Just wait and calmly make your way back to the stage or ledge. As for CF, Exarch had some advice for that, which basically paraphrased to "If you get grabbed at low percents, DI towards and he'll most likely not be able to combo, otherwise, DI away and wiggle out as fast as you can and nair out of his combo or knee. You'll get a tradeoff at worst, break the combo/knee at best".

Thats all for now folks.

XIF

Smash Master
Dear XIF, how do I beat Mango? Thank you.
see above post. Long story short: run away and pull turnips.

XIF-

Why don't you chaingrab Falco?
Perhaps i'm just bad at it but I never get the CG on Falco right. Fox and Falcon are not a problem but Falco is for some reason. Besides you have like garunteed u throw to dsmash on falco at 0, which is auto 30-40%. Plus I like the other combo's you can do vs falco, Like with dash attack and such.

I generally go for early edgeguards anyway. You can ask lambchops, my edgeguarding vs Falco is beast. Just go out there and get greedy. Full jump fast fall bair creates a wall of hitbox that side B cannot penetrate, and if you know they will be coming from a certain location, you can jump, float bair, and then after the first hit just slowly fall and bair again, easily dj'ing back to the stage.

If they come in from below, you can grab the ledge, let go and immediately nair. It pops them further down, and if you nair the second you let go of the ledge, you can simply dj up B back, and if not you can always wall bomb. You shouldn't have to do that however.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Time for some actual questions.

Now, I know you play with Green Mario, so I bet you gots lots of matchup knowledge here. How do you deal with campy marios? By marios I'm hoping you can help with both of the ******s LOL.

I find fighting them to be tedious. How do you do it, oh mighty cuban.

Along with that I also know that you live in the south so you've got a good book on Ganon's play styles and how you fight them. Who gives you trouble? Like I know there is Renth, Rockcrock, Chadd and Linguini.

Renth

Smash Hero

Now, I know you play with Green Mario, so I bet you gots lots of matchup knowledge here. How do you deal with campy marios? By marios I'm hoping you can help with both of the ******s LOL.

Along with that I also know that you live in the south so you've got a good book on Ganon's play styles and how you fight them. Who gives you trouble? Like I know there is Renth, Rockcrock, Chadd and Linguini.
Xif destroyed me, real talk. I need to hang out and play him some more.

john!

Smash Hero
Hey XIF,

What are some of the uses for the slap? Does a double slap combo into anything (grab, ftilt, dash attack, etc.), or does it depend on distance/DI?

Also, sometimes I see Peaches pressuring shields with IFC nair/slap combos. Is this legit or is there a way to get out of it? Thanks. :)

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Xif, I need help man... About 4-5 months ago my peach was pretty good, I was spacing good, edge gaurding good, and felt in control of my peach... But ever since I played Brawl peach, My peach hasn't been the same.... I feel completely out of control, and I feel like I just walk around the stage.... Idk wth happened but it's weird... I just feel like my peach only has like 3 approachs "short hop turnip throw to fc'd f+air, dash attack, and D+air to N+air", and I'm playing to defensive...

Can you help me find out what's wrong? Why is my peach so unstable now... I used to love playing her, but as of late I really can't... I've been using sheik because I can't perform that well with my Peach...

Also can you gimme some good approachs that you use, and is WD'ing really important with Peach?

PB&J

Smash Hero
hey xif how do u get pb&j's nana to stop being so pro.....good thread xif..hopefully this wont turn in to anarchy like every other peach thread.. lol @ doh's question and your response

XIF

Smash Master

I dunno too much about campy mario's persay, but I know everything there is to know about fighting Mario's in general. Ask about me nigg XD.

But seriously, spacing is of top priority. Fair is really good in this matchup, as it out ranges just about everything. Bair is good as well simply for it's priority. You're not going to be getting sick combo's in this match, so just get your FC aerial to some other attack, and leave it at that. Mario recovers from tumble VERY quickly, and if you try to pursue him longer than a couple of hits, you'll eat a nair or uair.

As for turnip game, don't use it as an approach. Cape comes out far before you see it, and lasts far after it dissappears. You'll just eat it if you try to jump in with it like you can against other characters. Do the reverse. Get your FC aerial, and if it's lined up, chuck a turnip at him. You've added a little bit more damage, or you've got him off balance by trying to dodge it, or you're pressuring his shield, allowing you to continue the barrage.

As for camping with fireballs, fireballs are only good to mess up your timing and spacing. It stops your momentum, and hits you out of float or DJ, both of which are critical for Peach to be able to maneuver and approach. Staying calm is important, as Mario is banking on you panicking and trying to continue what you were trying to do before, which is now completely ineffectual thanks to the fireball that stopped your momentum and float. Just let go of everything and regroup. Fireball has almost zero use combo wise against peach, and it does minimal damage, so just keeping your head together will go long ways.

I will almost always say go after the opponent way off the stage if you want, and to a certain extent you can do that against Mario, but it isn't always the best way. If you can start going out as soon as you hit him off, you can oftentimes hit him while he's lagging from his down B recovery. Aside from that, its all to easy to juke peach with a DJ, cape, fireball, etc. so just wait it out on the stage. Once he's getting back, you can either space a forward air to the ledge if you're ballsy, or you can float there and do dair to nair combo. Green Mario almost never misses a ledge tech, so I never bother with d smashing, but your opponents may not be as good at it, in which case feel free to d smash. But in general, I go for floating right on the ledge and doing dair to nair.

If the Mario is recovering from below, peach has a sure fire kill thats really easy to do if you get there in time. Just grab the ledge, and as he tried to get back, drop back off the ledge and bair. You'll either just hit him outright (and simply dj back) or trade (in which case you either are back on the stage or you may have to wall tech, both easy enough), and either way, Mario is dead because his recovery is that bad. It's alot like hitting fox and falco below the stage at low percents. It isn't the knockback so much as the stun while they fall that kills them.

As for the ganons, Chaddd is by far my biggest worry. His playstyle is just my anti-peach. We generally have one stock matches, but I lose to him more often than i'd like to <_<.

I think Linguini is extremely talented, and in some matchups he simply outclasses chaddd, but I personally have an easier time, and chaddd outplaces linguini mostly.

I havent played Renth in a minute, and Rock Crock only at Tipped Off 4 in the past year. Both are good, but I don't have a real educated answer on that. I think Rock Crock is probably the smartest one out of all 4.

Xif destroyed me, real talk. I need to hang out and play him some more.
truth.

Hey XIF,

What are some of the uses for the slap? Does a double slap combo into anything (grab, ftilt, dash attack, etc.), or does it depend on distance/DI?

Also, sometimes I see Peaches pressuring shields with IFC nair/slap combos. Is this legit or is there a way to get out of it? Thanks. :)

Slap is best used for pseudo resets and getting your opponent off balance. You can FC nair to slap, and the otherwise techable nair becomes a no knockback nair-slap from which you can keep pressure going with other aerials or a grab. Slap does not technically straight combo into anything, it relies completely on the opponents lack of reaction (which is surprisingly reliable). Most people don't react or don't realize they can move almost immediately after the slap, and your next attack is coming fast (or it should). The thing is that they have to realize they have been slapped as they are being slapped, or else its too late.

Double slap doesn't combo into anything either, again following anything after a double slap is just a pressure game waiting for your opponent to error. It can easily backfire, and the main thing to keep in mind is to mix it up. Peach doesn't have too too many actual combos, but she can mix up her game so much that you can pile on pressure and force your opponent into awkward situations. Say they expect you to attack after a double slap and decide to side step. A favorite mixup of mine is to double slap, dash dance away and back again into a dash attack. It ruins their timing and allows you to do some actual combos or damage. You can also simply run up and grab, or jump forward and dair, or any one of other options. Double slap is good because it starts a game of rock paper scissors that is in your favor. Usually. I wont make promises about how that works against marth or fox :dizzy:

FC nair double slap is something that seems to be popular now and I kinda blame myself for it being like that. Nair double slap is good, but once again only in the way it is one of many options to keep pressure going. Alot of people try to do something out of their sheild prematurely, or mess the timing up after the second slap allowing you to continue with something else, but there are ways to get around nair double slap if it's something you know is actually coming. Some characters can actually grab Peach between the two slaps. It's actually a little absurd :psycho:. Most anyone can grab after the second slap, and anyone can simply roll away.

There you are, rolling away solves everything.

But what if I decide to only do one slap and then d smash? Now their attempted sheild grab got turbo eff'd. Or I can do a solitary nair and follow up with a mid float dair moving forward, either pressuring their still sheild or getting them out of their roll. I could do nair slap grab, or nair dash dance dash attack, or one of many options.

To restate it, nair double slap is only as good as it is unexpected.

Xif, I need help man... About 4-5 months ago my peach was pretty good, I was spacing good, edge gaurding good, and felt in control of my peach... But ever since I played Brawl peach, My peach hasn't been the same.... I feel completely out of control, and I feel like I just walk around the stage.... Idk wth happened but it's weird... I just feel like my peach only has like 3 approachs "short hop turnip throw to fc'd f+air, dash attack, and D+air to N+air", and I'm playing to defensive...

Can you help me find out what's wrong? Why is my peach so unstable now... I used to love playing her, but as of late I really can't... I've been using sheik because I can't perform that well with my Peach...

Also can you gimme some good approachs that you use, and is WD'ing really important with Peach?
Brawl does that to people, and that's something I can't help you with. Just keep playing as much as you can to get the feel, or go into training mode. I find that going back to the basics helps out. I used to meteor cancel flawlessly, and about a year or 2 ago I just lost it completely. So everytime I got the chance to meteor cancel, instead of "letting it flow" like usual, I made it a conscious point to press jump the second I got spiked. At first learning how to l-cancel and wavedash took a conscious effort and required separate thought in order to do. Eventually such things become second nature, and we take it for granted. Sometimes that timing gets out of whack, and the only thing you can do is just go back to square one like that. Anything outside of that is all on you buddy.

As for approaching, turnips, FC aerials, and floating above with dair or something is fairly standard fare. Learn the max spacing on recatching turnips (how far you can be from a turnip and still catch in in the air). This is a very important tool in turnip approaches, as you can sh throw it at their sheild, and immediately do another short hop and recatch it from outside their grab range, and they rethrow it, fc aerial and then throw it, or retreat and keep it for your next attack.

and WD'ing is completely optional, but super fly :):):):):)

araknophobik

Smash Master
i thought this thread was some kind of joke
but i am honestly going to try that nair trick on falco when theyre recovering from below
you better not be lying to me and have me suicide during a tourny match >_>

XIF

Smash Master
i thought this thread was some kind of joke
but i am honestly going to try that nair trick on falco when theyre recovering from below
you better not be lying to me and have me suicide during a tourny match >_>
the timing on it is tight, you gotta flick back on the control stick to let go really quick and immediately press A, then start mashing jump again then up b.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Thanks Xif, I'll go fvck around and practice for awhile.

I have another question tho, should I start using the claw method of holding the controller?

Binx

Smash Master
Clawing with peach opens up a lot of options IMO. Leaves you a lot more room to DI while floating and probably speeds up her pressure game as well.

Thanks Xif for this thread, I haven't read a ton of it, but Peach is one of the top 6 people I use and it really helps me to see this stuff when I am doing 1 man crews lol.

XIF

Smash Master
I personally don't claw, it really isn't important. It's a matter of preference. I'd say clawing the right side isn't good, but that's just because for FC nair's I roll my thumb from the Y to A button, something that isn't as easy when you are clawing.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I "claw" or have my own weird version of it and, I'll say that using x and a makes for usually precise fc'd nair's and sometimes bairs, but fairs you'd generally want to use the c-stick for, and using the c-stick isn't exactly comfortable when clawing because you either have to flick it with your thumb (which is imprecise) or move another finger down there (which is slow and gets annoying).

But that's how I've been playing for a while now, so I can't really change it or anything.

XIF, a general question about float cancelling.... I've heard that if your fingers are fast enough, that you can fc amazingly rapidly, but doesn't peach's jumping animation slow that down?

I mean, it's not like she's full hopping, but she still has to leave the ground and Peach's jump animation is agonizingly slow. I say that because sometimes when I'm trying to do two fc'd nairs, one after the other, the first one comes out, I land, and then I full hop and it's like "Oh, snap!" and then fox kicks me in the face. I feel like I missed the timing on the second one or something.

XIF

Smash Master
I "claw" or have my own weird version of it and, I'll say that using x and a makes for usually precise fc'd nair's and sometimes bairs, but fairs you'd generally want to use the c-stick for, and using the c-stick isn't exactly comfortable when clawing because you either have to flick it with your thumb (which is imprecise) or move another finger down there (which is slow and gets annoying).

But that's how I've been playing for a while now, so I can't really change it or anything.

XIF, a general question about float cancelling.... I've heard that if your fingers are fast enough, that you can fc amazingly rapidly, but doesn't peach's jumping animation slow that down?

I mean, it's not like she's full hopping, but she still has to leave the ground and Peach's jump animation is agonizingly slow. I say that because sometimes when I'm trying to do two fc'd nairs, one after the other, the first one comes out, I land, and then I full hop and it's like "Oh, snap!" and then fox kicks me in the face. I feel like I missed the timing on the second one or something.
XIF, is it useful to be able to FC nairs really quickly in succession?
I will answer both with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIG6_zRQfc

yes.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
ok, lol. I'll just have to get my fingers faster or in a better rhythm. I almost forgot about that match. So good.

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Dear XIF, I have a problem with Sheik.

Every time I F-air, Sheik F-air's, and all I do is D-Smash spam and everyone calls me names :( I can't help it though when someone else has more priority with their F-air than you.

So in a nutshell, how do you fight Sheik?

PB&J

Smash Hero
turnips and patience is how u fight sheik, even though xif is aggresive he cuts off alot of options away from sheik...xif how do u **** nana with u..anything peach has..lol

MacD

Banned via Administration
here's something anyone might be able to answer, but i've seen a few videos where people will thrown a turnip to the ledge when a sheik is recovering

i've never seen it do anything, what is the reason behind this, will it hit the sheik before she can grab the ledge becauset that is the only thing that comes to mind

XIF

Smash Master
I'd rather not get this to become a matchup thread, since that's so generic and wide ranging, I'll be here for too long.

Past couple of tournaments I've had major issues vs Marth, but I'll blame lack of practice.

I think a better way to answer those questions about Marth and Fox is through videos:

Marth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g60dwo3r1dY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6dhqjlgPU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOYvl7sqqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXIi6JTYd7g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XeGRf3_xfc
---Pay attention to the turnip drop edgeguard, it's Peach's most useful tool against marth.

Fox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIpquspcD6o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zpfYXxA7M

this set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9a-vlQE3tg

I get owned in the end, but there are a couple of good matches. You also get to see why Fox is busted on corneria.

-----------------------

As for Sheik...

If d smash is working then use is. I will say that d smash spam does not work at higher levels. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING when fighting sheik is spacing. Her priority is too good, so you need to space yourself away and hit where she can't hit you. Turnips are invaluable. Don't go into the air too much. Short hopping and low floats are fine, but you're asking for trouble otherwise, Peach can't compete like that. Peach's d tilt is amazing in this match. It has great spacing, it's like a move made for fighting sheik. You can also get alot of combos from it, ranging from dash attack to uair to nair/umbrella; grabs; u smash to uair; etc. Bread and butter edgeguard is to hang from the ledge and get up as the sheik comes back. You force her to land on the stage instead of grab the ledge, and the lag is so long that you just d smash sheik back off. Be careful of the up B hitting you, or sheik being able to hit you before she up B's, or mistiming it and letting sheik grab the ledge anyway. You should practice that edgeguard, because it turns a sheik off the stage at 60 into a dead sheik, and letting her back on is just never in your favor.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
any general tips for DIing falcon combos? I usually either DI away, or up and towards them. I dunno what to do...cause nothing works.

Top Bottom