• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask XIF About Peach Thread, because Cort is like 65 years old.

JFox

Smash Hero
Dear XIF,

Does Toad have any other uses other than being a meat shield? I randomly pull Toad out, and the lag leaves me vulnerable and I can easily be punished.

Signed, Peach scrub
Something I stole from Xelic- If you get hit off the stage, you can toad to stop your recovery, than instantly go into float out of the toad to avoid wasting your double jump. Float back to the stage and use your double jump (which will often surprise opponent that have never seen this trick) to either get you out of harms way or allow you to counter attack.

Toad blows, i wouldn't use it much.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Wait...If Cort is 65 does that make me..........................................24?!

oh.

Cort needs to come back if hes done tho. lol

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I'mma test out that toad thing. I've used it to stall in the air for a bit as a mind game for recovery, but I like the idea of toad to float lol.

DoH: yeah, I agree with Vanz here, Peach needs control of the match to do those strategies, and Sheik can keep that from happening easily. Thats my two cents though.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I actually like FoD vs Falco as well.. I guess it's just preference. *shrugs*

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
D'oh - that's only if sheik gives you control of the match. her grab game is enough to make that stage hers completely. and god forbid peach ever gets grounded on a platform. but it's better for peach in this match up than battlefield is.
Then don't get grabbed?

The reason FoD is so good is that a single platform downsmash can change the moment of the match completely. It's damaging both in percent and psychologically.

Chip.

you know what to do
Xif, you're not really supposed to have other people's usernames in your thread especially since it's kinda insulting >_>

Can't we all just love eachother Peach boards?

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
wow.. if you don't mind my asking, what type of sheiks do you play? (as in aggressive, campy, defensive, drephen, etc)
Bad sheiks, Sheiks who don't know the match up and Sheiks who try to outcamp me and fail miserably LOL.

But seriously, It's just preference. Kinda like how Hugs likes BF for no particular reason. I just space/play better on that stage against Sheiks, I guess*shrugs*

MacD

Banned via Administration
i tried that toad thing, i love that so much more then trying to float cause i'd always waste that jump

i like these random things that are semi pointless but not really and are still cool and helpful

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Dear XIF,

Is there such thing as an aggressive Peach? You know, chase down a space animal, or a ****** ninja with FC F-Airs and what not?

Aggressive Brawl G&W Pro

Cia

das kwl
Then don't get grabbed?

The reason FoD is so good is that a single platform downsmash can change the moment of the match completely. It's damaging both in percent and psychologically.
:laugh:

it can, but really, what good shiek won't crouch > wait > Usmash or just roll from under the platform? it's really not enough.

What I do like about FoD: because the platforms are so low and close, Platform camping isn't AS annoying and peach can easily aerial through them. (the platforms)

Quaz

Smash Master
there have been times where I've ledge hopped and then used toad and hoped they would attack. works on your average player, but not often your smart player. It seems good enough to work for a first and then never again. Its still way too risky though because there have been a few times wehre they've taken the spore hit, DI'd it properly and still punished me for using it.

...but.. I like to use it and then just double jump and make people think Im gonna toad. Then I'll just forward air and they kinda sit there and get hit by it <_< but really all they have to do is space themselves properly and dodge the toad/forward air either way and peach is vunerable.

Binx

Smash Master
Indie, you need to nair out of shield more, also float cancel nairs when they will obviously hit his shield, don't just do them for no reason, just cause it doesn't have lag doesn't mean its safe. Also work on capitalizing on your grabs better, a lot of times you could have uthrown and nair'd him or got him off edges and you didn't. Also as a matter of preference I wouldn't use turnips vs falcon on small levels, its dangerous unless he is off the edge when you pull it. Umm also you forward smash too much.

indie_dave

Smash Ace
thanks Binx, good stuff
yeah i forward smash too much and spam fc nair.

i'm pretty sure i have generally weak defense and bad sense of spacing too. any advice on that? (after watching vidjo for the first time it really helped me with dropping fairs from full jump floats, etc.)

XIF

Smash Master
We're glad to have merc back, indie ;)

sorry I havent been around lately, my internet at my house has been down for almost a week, and I can only get on at school. I'm actually in chemistry right now.

As for spacing, it's all about practice. Learn how to space fairs from floating after the tumble animation, from approach, and from retreating. Learning how to space fairs after being attacked and floating out of tumble is really important in my opinion, as it gives you a safe way to land. Wiggle out as fast as possible and then float back fair.

MacD

the other day i was playing around and i was on the ledge and threw a turnip downwards expecting nothing to happen, but it went below the stage, i was facing towards the stage, like if i had just rolled into the ledge

on fd, the tunrip wouldn't hit anyone, but on dreamland i would hit someone, i'm not sure of other stages or if there are really any uses for this, the only person i would think you might do this against is a luigi because otherwise it seems very very situational

idk, i guess just any advice of why this might be helpful or not, i'm thinking not, because it's probably better to float z-drop and grab the ledge but just thought i'd throw it out there

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
@macd: That could work against a marth trying to sweet spot from directly under the stage but I find most of the time people don't try to recover from directly beneath the stage. Probably b/c they know they are going to get d-smashed, lol.

MacD

lol, yea, that's what i figured is if they were directly below it's a quick way to throw a turnip, but otherwise it's useless, that why i was thinking luigi because they have to be directly under when using up-b

XIF

Smash Master
It's better to float just outside the stage and stop the float > drop turnip > ff to grab ledge.

It works mainly against marth, even if they are recovering from a more horizontal position, you can float higher, and the turnip greats basically a wall, where no matter where the marth recovers at, he has to pass the turnip, because their falling speeds are similar.

MacD

yea, i figured it was kinda pointless for edgeguarding

there is like maybe one use i found for it, and it is of course situational, i was on the top platform of like FoD or something and i rolled to the edge and threw the tunip down, it hit because he wasn't expecting a turnip to go down like that, and it gives me a semi safe way to get down, at least, it seemed like it could

but, i was talking to mango the other day and he told me i should use utilt... i was like mango, are you serious, he said dtilt, utilt, then nair or something, it gets an extra 10 off them and it sets up the arieal i guess... i've always figured that it was useless, does that seem like it'd make since to use, it just seems like there are better things to do if someone is caught in a dtilt at a percent where utilt will hit

araknophobik

Smash Master
utilt is useless
are you sure he didn't mean ftilt?
either way stopping marths recovery from below is a ***** esp if they sweet spot
i tend to just float cancel a fair when they upb and hope it gay's out their sweet spot =]]

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Is using that shield fall to edge-guard thing useful for peach? Can she even do it? I was watching chillin do it with falco the other night a lot against my friend's marth and I've seen cort do it to pc before in a marth ditto, so it looks useful.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
hey xif how do u do continuous nairs so quick do u...
crouch->x/y->nair->ff->repeat or x/y->tap down->nair->ff->repeat
or do u do some funcky pro ****

araknophobik

Smash Master
very serious question for pink shinobi/xif

those float canceled nairs out of shield
you use z-button to nair don't you?
i keep dairing when i use A just wanted to see if it was the same with yall lol

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I know I'm not either one of those, but I use A personally, and it works just fine. I also know that JFox uses A alone as well. If I'm not mistaken...at least the last time I talked to him about it, VaNz uses Z. It's just a preference, really.

Cia

das kwl
i use Z. (in case anyone wanted to know)

because of this, i only have to focus on using my thumb to hit X while i use my forefinger to hit Z. it puts less stress on your thumb and let's keep up the Nairs for a while w/o finger fatigue..

LOL.. i am such a nerd

JFox

Smash Hero
I use A alone. Z sucks, but i mean i guess u can use it. As for finger fatigue, i just slide from X to A, its really not much of a move.

I think I might have the fastest straight nair pillar, idk. i have yet to see anyone with a better one than mine

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
Hey XIF how would you fight a Doc with Peach i have some trouble during this fight.

Ok before everyone talks down to me. I have a hard time fighting Falco its hard for me for some reason i play better vs a fox so any advice thanks in advance

Shakugan, maybe im a lion

JFox

Smash Hero
shield camp and hope they approach lol. if they do, full jump nair out of shield right after the shine

learn to edgeguard extremely well. gimps really help.

learn to chain grab, its really important on cp's like fd and mute city. 1 dsmash dash attack can give u a grab, and if u cg will its 0-death, which is pretty ****

Top Bottom