• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask Junebug Stuff Thread? (no fgts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
okay, so i wanna get active in the lu-lu forums. except idk how to start.

sorry if i'm not allowed to make this, i just wanna start posting. can be cario related, can be random, i dun carez.

so ask me anything! i'll try to answer to the best of my ability. hopefully, this will lead to me posting more on matchups and other important things. :D

so please help me by asking me stuffs. :)

except zucco, cause hes a fgt. (smirk)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
When are you coming to Texas?

Seriously.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Teach me how to fight Falco and DDD? D:

why do you never leave the ground.

Do you hate me? I got that impression at apex.

worst lucario main in your opinion?

Do you think the buffered upsmash out of dthrow thing will drastically affect the DDD MU?

if yes, are you going to pick anyone up for the DDD MU?

do you have any secondaries?

and

thats it I guess

edit: I lied, post in the latest backroom thread plz, this is not a question, this is an order.

edit2: nvm you did already good ****

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Did somebody say fur-

Oh...wait...it's a Q&A thread.
*kicks rock*

Oh, what the hell!

Junebug, how furry are you feeling right now?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela has always told me that Snake is his most favorite matchup, but uh...yep. Favorite =/= fun.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
When are you coming to Texas?

Seriously.
dunno. depends when i vacation there? i'm going to florida this december actually but i think i;m leaving on a saturday then i leave FL on another saturday. so no tournies. maybe a smashfest. idk

Our brotherly bond shows no bounds!!
johnzipcode

How furry are you feeling right now?
How furry are you feeling right now?
Did somebody say fur-

Oh...wait...it's a Q&A thread.
*kicks rock*

Oh, what the hell!

Junebug, how furry are you feeling right now?
i actually have to keep clean-shaven for a play i'm in, so not very furry. :glare:

Teach me how to fight Falco and DDD? D:

why do you never leave the ground.

Do you hate me? I got that impression at apex.

worst lucario main in your opinion?

Do you think the buffered upsmash out of dthrow thing will drastically affect the DDD MU?

if yes, are you going to pick anyone up for the DDD MU?

do you have any secondaries?

and

thats it I guess

edit: I lied, post in the latest backroom thread plz, this is not a question, this is an order.

edit2: nvm you did already good ****
falco: fair OOS illusion. i can't time anything else. play directly above him. don't jump into him from the side if he's playing the wait-lazer game. also, **** him offstage.

DDD: camp. pressure his shield. he's like snake except he has a CG and his ftilt doesn't **** us.

i don't hate you! i just hate when people say snake is easy lol. also i didn't expect you to be a trap. D: caught me by surprise but <3.

meh, getting grabbed by DDD is already pretty dangerous. just gotta camp harder now. might go secondaries for sure now on any stage that favors him. so if a DDD takes me to like frigate, maybe. idk for now, i'll have to play CONEY (namesearchin fgt (smirk)) and see how i feel about that.

worst lucario: zucco.

i kinda secondary everyone.

DDD seems to be a MU you are good at, any key pointers on that one?
see above, i'll write something in depth later if you guys want me to.

What is your least favorite MU and why?
snake.

cause he's lame.

keep 'em comnig, i am liking this. :D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Called it.

So how do you mix up your approach more when you have to?
What moves do you feel should be used more often?
In doubles, what is your most reliable move to break your partner free of a grab?
What are your favorite stages with Lucario?
how do you get nair/bair to work more for you? I've kind of lost touch with these moves and I want to get nair especially as a mixup to connect/work more

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
In five or 7 word can you sum up the Ike match-up?
If you wanted to be active why didn't you just post?
How do you like mixing up your recoveries?

junebug

Smash Journeyman
Called it.

So how do you mix up your approach more when you have to?
What moves do you feel should be used more often?
In doubles, what is your most reliable move to break your partner free of a grab?
What are your favorite stages with Lucario?
how do you get nair/bair to work more for you? I've kind of lost touch with these moves and I want to get nair especially as a mixup to connect/work more
umm, my approaches are: shield, SH fair, b reversing shiz, FH fair, and the ever so favorite approach of not approaching.

bair is really good cause of its range. also most players dont expect it.

i like ftilt. dunno, sometimes dash attack or jab. depends on port a lot.

frigate, FD, SV... hmmm, i needa practice on CPs more. i feel like lucario might actually be good on rainbow. idk bout brinstar. needa test some stuff out.

nair i do OOS. its the quickest aerial besides dair. for exampler, if MK FH dairs your shield, free nair. react to spaced moves with nair and you should be good. bair i use for baiting purposes. since it has a huge rnge, i jump while unsing it in the air. usually i can't be punished for it. also, it can't really be airdodged cause it lasts so long. so if you noticed they're avoiding the bair, you can switch it up for something else.

nair as a mixup? hmmm... idk how to answer that; maybe i just don't understand. rephrase plox?

In five or 7 word can you sum up the Ike match-up?
If you wanted to be active why didn't you just post?
How do you like mixing up your recoveries?
ike can't recover cause he's a fgt.

dunno. i don't know when i'm needed for posting. this makes it much easier so i know specifically what people wanna learn or receive my opinion on.

culexus・wau

When do you ftilt

I have trouble using the move since all the characters I fight have better ground games then me thus I can't use it much

[Snake, DDD, Olimar, Kinda metaknight :| ]

junebug

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Fox is a bad match-up for Lucario?
haven't played enough foxes to tell, but i think its evenish.
When do you ftilt

I have trouble using the move since all the characters I fight have better ground games then me thus I can't use it much

[Snake, DDD, Olimar, Kinda metaknight :| ]
you gotta deplete their shield a little before they try. so landing an ftilt on like MK is hard cause his shield is gdlk. olimar... hmm, idk when to use ftilt. i suck at that matchup myself. snake is a no-non for ftilt usually. DDD can be ftilted with a little shield pressure.

culexus・wau

I mean just in general lolz

I guess its good when shields are low

I'm just saying that I play a lot of ground characters
as an excuse

MK match-up tips GOGOGO

what do you think about Raindancing [immediate sh dair] to cut our dashes short?

junebug

Smash Journeyman
I mean just in general lolz

I guess its good when shields are low

I'm just saying that I play a lot of ground characters
as an excuse

MK match-up tips GOGOGO

what do you think about Raindancing [immediate sh dair] to cut our dashes short?
yeah, idk. i only use ftilt when its guaranteed, i can outspace the character, or i think it'll shield poke.

MK is lame. figure out how to beat tornado and you win. i'm at that point where it literally shuts down all of my gameplay. time to practice that DT, dair, and uair through nado! :D

raindancing? hmmm, i needa try that out. link me to it?

culexus・wau

just jump

and dair

LOL

buffer the dair during the jump start-up I guess

its the 08 term for sh immediate dair I guess

I do this OOS sometimes but most of the time it ends up like airwalk and I'm sad because I'm in the air now instead of the ground <_<

because you can jump anytime during a dash, you can use this to cut it short and be back on the ground asap

most times you think they could punish it from afar or even sometimes midrange you're able to buffer shield.
[not like snake/mk ftilt/nado status though]

Browny

Smash Hater
rofl, since when has 'raindancing' ever been referred to as that?

People just call it 'SH dair' from what I've seen.

culexus・wau

off the top of my head Stauffy, D, and I use the term.

thats what most people in socal call our immeadiate dair anyway.

if you say SH dair you don't specify the height at which you do the dair, using this term specifies that and sounds cooler then "immediate sh dair"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Leave me alone~. I'm suppose to be lurkin' and here you are calling me out.

I can't sleep. Imsomnia/bad sleep schedule joins.

Here's your stinky vid.

Do me a favor and make the opponent regret they used G&W. I hate him almost as much I hate some other characters.

culexus・wau

10 minutes.

are you ****ing kidding me.

send me the RAWs on mediafire so I can like edit this >.<

ill credit you lol

thank you though :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How about we just do this instead?

Because it won't be up anytime soon. Like 30 minutes to an hour. Hurry up and go to take a nap. I can add time tags and update the description later, you don't need to do anything.

Shhhhh~. It's okay. Big bad Kinzer's got everything under control. Just go to sleep so you aren't dead tired when you go to your smashfest. I'll be gentle...

P.S. I'll probably update the shieldstun frame data thread sometime this week. Yeah, I put it on hiatus again, but I promise I won't be gone for a year. Anime/Colors had my interest after some time though.

P.S.S. Junebug:

When was the last time you played Speed? How did it feel then? What would happen if you had to play him again in the soon future?

junebug

Smash Journeyman
How about we just do this instead?

Because it won't be up anytime soon. Like 30 minutes to an hour. Hurry up and go to take a nap. I can add time tags and update the description later, you don't need to do anything.

Shhhhh~. It's okay. Big bad Kinzer's got everything under control. Just go to sleep so you aren't dead tired when you go to your smashfest. I'll be gentle...

P.S. I'll probably update the shieldstun frame data thread sometime this week. Yeah, I put it on hiatus again, but I promise I won't be gone for a year. Anime/Colors had my interest after some time though.

P.S.S. Junebug:

When was the last time you played Speed? How did it feel then? What would happen if you had to play him again in the soon future?
he played really gay iirc. i had to time him out 3rd game on picto. it was really nerve-racking. i just needa camp harder. speed is taking advantage of me approaching cause hes a fgt. (smirk)

i dunno. i heard he's been practicing the matchup a lot. also, X just beat lee so i guess the matchup is possible. i'll just have to be on my guard.

@ D Disciple: probably couldn't. :( my parents are strict about that stuff. but you would 99% of the time be able to house with chudat. just be prepared for MMs all night. D:

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
off the top of my head Stauffy, D, and I use the term.

thats what most people in socal call our immeadiate dair anyway.

if you say SH dair you don't specify the height at which you do the dair, using this term specifies that and sounds cooler then "immediate sh dair"
It's called a riverdance you fool.

Oh, I have to ask a question... mm...
In your honest-as-possible opinion, are you the best Lucario right now?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
sorry if i'm not allowed to make this
this is a good idea as im sure theres alot of interesting things you can offer people

what kind of lucario style do you see yourself playing and why? Is it more efficient? Does it feel more comfortable?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
What players are you most uncomfortable against?

What do they do that you dislike?

How do you cope with it?

junebug

Smash Journeyman
Why did you choose Junebug as your tag?

Which color Lucario do you use most?

Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, or Agility Lucario?
well, due to the way my name is pronounced, some friends say it with a 'june' sound. one day a friend of mine was like '**** it, imma call you junebug.' it has stuck ever since. not so much with my friends (although a few special ones still call me that) but with me

EDIT: forgot one! i use red. favorite color. self-explanatory.

swords dance. funny thing you should say that, cause once i EV trained my lucario in diamond i got bored and stopped playing.

Oh, I have to ask a question... mm...
In your honest-as-possible opinion, are you the best Lucario right now?
hmmm...

the age old question.

i think that lee martin and ksizzle are pioneers for lucario. like during MLG DC i would go up to them and say 'im playing ______' and they'd say 'just do _____' and it'll work. while i may discover stuff along the way that works, i dunno some of the stuff they've found out. since lee plays MK more now and ksizzle (somewhat?) quit, i MAY be the best cario currently. but lee and ksizzle know way too much about the character yo.

also, zucco and trela are stepping it up as well. don't sleep on them. either of them could surpass me at any monet. all procarios have a somewhat different. i've been trying to mold other peoples playstyles together to form the perfect playstyle. unfortunetly, once you develop a style of your own, it is very hard to do that. so i'll keep trying at it.

honestly, i don't care whose the best lucario. I JUST WANNA WIN. just because someone is the best doesn't mean he's perfect. even if i weas the best, it doesn't mean i can't ask about stuff from lee, ksizzle, zucco, trela, you, etc. speaking of which stauffy, i'm trying that uair out of nado shiz you've been doing. it pretty goodz. like, everyone has something to contribute. thats why wanna get involved in the boards. i don't know everything. i'm just a good player.

this is a good idea as im sure theres alot of interesting things you can offer people

what kind of lucario style do you see yourself playing and why? Is it more efficient? Does it feel more comfortable?
thanks de :)

well, as many have said, i see myself as a grounded lucario. i feel like people haven't learned to punished the stereotypical sh based lucario. and for those people who did, they just ***** them. so i thought 'why am i jumping into them when i can just wait on this side of the stage?...' and thats how june cario was born.

it hurts me against characters that outcamp me. recently i've been losing alot to logic (olimar) and candy (***** snake). i'll try to camp them and they'll be like 'k' and camp me harder. i actually lost to lie a few months back cause he was camping me so hard and i got frustrated. i'm learning to deal with that but yeah. excessive walking, camping, etc; i hate it all vs my play style.

it actually does feel a lot more character. instead of seeing the inferiority of my character when i challenge characters better than mine by randomly jumping in, i can wait it out. it also helps me analyze my opponents.

What players are you most uncomfortable against?

What do they do that you dislike?

How do you cope with it?
campy players.

cause they camp and walk.

i don't, i just lose.

seriously tho, i have extreme trouble with campy players. not just your run-of-the-mil campers though, the campiest mofos ever. i think my style is based on outcamping the other player. once they realize, 'o its only lucario', i begin to have more trouble. i'll work on that tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom