• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ask Junebug Stuff Thread? (no fgts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zucco

Smash Master
Junebug has the best recent results for sure, so Its only fair to call him the best at this point.

Such a modest guy.

Zucco

Smash Master
lol I hate you!

I entered something yesterday, yo. I still play, just not as much as before. Working on some things.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
Junebug has the best recent results for sure, so Its only fair to call him the best at this point.

Such a modest guy.
im modest to everyone besides you. (smirk)

Any low tiers you have a lot of MU experience again June?
lucas and ness.

lucas cause i used to play (and still do in tournies) pink fgtfresh a lot.

ness cause i used to play shaky alot on wifizzz. then when i played him at MLG DC, all the experience really helped.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
hehe, I knew that people have differing opinions on Falco's best neutral ;)

BF = more recovery options + platform **** for Falco to play with (Falco's aerials are really good at hitting people on plats)
FD = lots more camp + run away space, but also lets the opponent live longer (yay lucario), and limits his recovery to an extent (aka one flat plain), which Falco usually hates against characters like Snake and Diddy, and the like.

Not saying either person is entirely wrong per se, just that there's more to stage pick than meets the eye.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Hey June will you help me out with learning more about Lucario next time i see you?

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
What part are you going to? If it's the Tampa/Orlando area, you should come teach me some stuff. I'm the best lulu main in fl so I'd like to learn first hand since there are no other lucarios to be around

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Give me a good write-up [at least one paragraph or a lot of good one liners] of how to be **** with bananas with lucario

How do you fight diddy [I already know that I have to ALWAYS bait the fair since it SHUTS US DOWN A LOT, but is kinda punishable]

Whats the best way going about killing diddy in a:
- neutral position, IE either baiting each other, zoning, diddy is being a fgt and trying to time you out.
- no bananas
- one banana on the field
-- his control
-- your control
- two bananas on the field
-- One in your control, One in his
-- He's Holding one, other one is in your control.
-- He's Holding one, other is in in his control.

Best ways to rack damage? (VS Diddy)

Best ways to **** diddy's Recovery?
-SideB?
-Barrels?
-High? Low?

How do you get out of diddy's pressure.

Do you hate diddy kong as much as I do? [a lot, one of the gayest character in the game imo and my least favorite match-up]

This post has been brought to you by:
If you didn't get the joke its salt.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lol I thought that was crack

then again, the snorting form of cocaine is a hydrochloride (aka salt)

I have a warped mind :\

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
Real talk, I'm picking up Lucario (for teams) and I've been using him for a few days (mind you, I never used this character and read some stuff on the forums here)

Anyways, how do I approach with this guy ._. he's mad slow, floaty and has no reach lol. Just give me basic ideas, whether is Junebug or anyone else.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Real talk, I'm picking up Lucario (for teams) and I've been using him for a few days (mind you, I never used this character and read some stuff on the forums here)

Anyways, how do I approach with this guy ._. he's mad slow, floaty and has no reach lol. Just give me basic ideas, whether is Junebug or anyone else.
Well, you have fair, and well...

no actually that's it

jk, luckily most characters that outrange you in the air are outcamped by you (marth, MK, DK). fair is kinda safe, you have some good mixups with it like AD, AS, b-reversals, bair/nair/dair, etc. AS is a really good stuffer for mispaced stuff

Also remember that he's very capable of being high and jumping and not having as much vulnerability as most characters to a juggle, merely because floatiness and dair.

Oh yeah and because of that, fullhop fair is pretty safe, it's mainly coming down that's the problem :p

I would ask Trela/Zucco, they're probably the best lucarios in knowing how to approach. Junebug's playstyle is very effective, but it's much more campy and he sometimes admits that he has issues with MUs that he's forced to approach in.

culexus・wau

Walking towards your opponent and reacting to what they do is an underrated approach.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
You can be the best "lulu" as long as i'm the best Lucario.
Snipa you dont main Lulu and you have no results D Who is a better lucario main no question. Keep CGing people with that ic's that what your good at.

@ June
When are you coming to FL and what part of FL will you be staying.

There are many tourneys Coming up in FL for December. The biggest one being Holy Smash: Leviticus Here is a link check it out. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287325

culexus・wau

^
THE CALLOUT

but in response to phil's pos

You don't even need to walk

just bait with anything that looks like it puts you in an disadvantageous position, LOOKS [hence LOOKS] like you can get punished, or even things that ACTUALLY put you in a frame advantage but you're confident that they'll do what will benefit you [via reading or conditioning] and then react to it what they do, then act accordingly.

I think what I just wrote was the basis of passive aggressive in this game lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol I thought that was crack

then again, the snorting form of cocaine is a hydrochloride (aka salt)

I have a warped mind :\
Thats just too weird, even by lucario board standards.

I feel like I dont know you anymore phil.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
But it's true!
Cocaine Hydrochloride (aka the most common form people usually see this stuff in) is a salt!

btw don't do drugs kids, or you'll turn into a furry, a drag queen, or worse...

btw Junebug how did you play Felix so closely (or I guess just play against a good Diddy in general)? Like seriously game three could've very easily been yours, you almost always got the first kill in the last two stocks, and it was almost literally hit for hit most of the time.

edit: Felix, come out of your lurking hole

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This thread is useless now...

junebug

Smash Journeyman
idk what im gonna do as of now. if i come back, it'll probably happen in the next week. if not then its probably quits for meee.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll leave the choice ultimately up to you, because telling you to stay would be selfish of me it's a game and you should be having fun while doing/winning it.

So while I would like you to keep playing, I think you should do what you want. I will respect and recommend you so what you want.

<3 Junebug, no matter what choice you make.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
alrite guys i decided. i'mma lay off for a few months. but i will be back. hopefully.

so yayuhz. :)

i really wanna answer some of these questions when i come back. so lock for now i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom