• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
ABOUT KATSUCON!!!

so yeah i don't know about you guys, but on a serious note, there's rumors going around saying that there's wont be a game room this year???? yeah ive been hearing it from quite a few people. some say its not true but others think so. something to do with copyright or Maryland state tax or some horse ****. so yeah, i don't think its true at all but it just doesn't make sense why there wouldn't be. probably the best and my most favorite of convention are game rooms. any who, if anyone knows more about this, feel free to post asap
The only thing I heard was something about vendors having to get a license to sell stuff but that doesn't have much to do with the game room
As far as I know, it's only been confirmed with the artist alley, to which they have to have a license from the maryland tax people. It means, for them, that the artist alley have to charge tax with each commission (seems like the state wants to try and make money off of it.) They're not the only ones getting the treatment. Connecticon artist alley people have to do it too. The same rules in terms of license have to go to vendors in the dealer's room.

As for the game room, I highly doubt that, mainly cause we're not really buying anything. I'm sure there still would be a tournament there, but as far as there being a pot...that's something that you should directly ask the director. Again, highly doubt the case.

Shinku

Smash Champion
yeah i agree, i just dont see how there cannot be a gameroom. all it is a bunch of tvs with systems and there ya go, a game room. no reason not to have one.

Foxy

Smash Master
yeah. the website and all official info still notes the gameroom and related events, and there would be news somewhere about a cancellation because it's such a big attraction.

i am so hyped, guys

money matches?

$5 3/5 for absolutely anyone

Lobos

Smash Master
it wont be as long.....well it usually isn't because its more local (MD,VA,DC,PA) then otakon is you can also pay for each separate day if you don't plan to stay the whole weekend

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Still no idea if I'm going to this or not... I'm thinking about skipping out to save money for EVO... Gotta get a plane ticket for Vegas :V

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
February 12-14, 2010
National Harbor, MD

Yes, are u back in Bmore?
strawhats. maybe

lol @ Gaylord National Resort. I thought you was trollin til i looked it up. Nah no longer in bmore since I attend umd college park now. But on the weekends i work in bmore. i might take off for this saturday which im assuming is the main day, but not sunday

Lobos

Smash Master
The gaylord is legit LOL anyways saturday is the main day....its also the day with all the tournaments....ill post the time for stuff soon

edit:
Saturday - Pot Tourneys - Think your good! This is where you try against some of the best in VA and some from beyond!If your not the greatest, there is no greater training then playing against those better then you!!!

10:00 AM Super Street Fighter II HD Remix (PS3)
10:00 AM Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC)
12:00 PM Tekken 6 (PS3)
12:00 PM Halo 3 (360) (FFA)
12:00 PM Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (KeninBlack)
2:00 PM Street Fighter IV (PS3)
2:00 PM Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (360) (4v4)
4:00 PM Blazblue (PS3)
4:00 PM King of Fighters XII (PS3)
6:00 PM Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
8:00 PM Street Fighter IV: Wasara Style Teams 3v3 (Single Elimination)

Drephen

Smash Master
so i reallllly wanna go to a con sometime. ive never been

what should i dress up as?

for those who know me help me out

and i wont dress up as sheik

Top Bottom