• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Anime Convention Thread! Discuss upcoming cons and tournaments!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'll be there for 24 hours a day of Melee, I'll be the dude with the jet black hair.

<3 smash at conventions

Gods, they had BETTER LET US BRING OUR OWN CONTROLLERS THIS TIME

All of the broken/horrible controllers last time were unbearable.
Do they not allow controller D:? That's gonna be pretty awful if so >_>.

I'll be there Friday and Saterday :s, I'll have an Adidas red sports jacket. Hope to see you all there :p.
They won't.

They don't want anyone *****ing about their lost controller. >>

0kin

Smash Journeyman
sorry i didnt get hang out w/ u guys. D: I randomly got incredibly sick and only showed up on saturday fer like, 4 hours....

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Well I went all Saterday and part of Friday. Friday was a little disappointing with the lack of enough great games and the insanely long pre-registration line (no Guilty Gear Accent Core). I'm glad they changed that on Saterday and Saterday was nice.

As for playing Melee...... God you people are too good to the point where it's impossible for me to even think about playing , even in 4 man free for all , I think I'll just stay with Brawl ;~;. And that's what I did. I can only imagine what it'll be like in Otakon (and no, I haven't been to Otakon)

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I had fun, I got 2nd at the brawl "tourney" and I use that term loosely because it was 2:00 time limit 3 stock........so pretty much every round ended up in sudden death. And no prize for 2nd place, even though the Guilty Gear tourney rewarded 3rd place with a $10 gift card.

My "bracket" was also easy as hell until the last round against forte -_-

~rh

Smash Lord
Ahhh too much fun... I don't think I played anyone because I won like 5 before I got up...

I didn't call Btree cause I lost him number from Otakon lol... I was going to see where ya'll were at but I then realized I lost it D:

CRISMAS I have no clue what you look like and I was looking for your table D:< Me wantz stickerz.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I loved the con, rooming with crismas, lightxdream, Thumbs, EE, Rockin, Korn, and skins. Seb, I want you to suck my ****.

Also, **** was mad fun, especially singing 99 bottles of beer on the wall with two of team richmond, and two random people. We did the whole ****ing thing and moved like 10 feet in line. Too good.

cristin and alex, I want to room with you guys again for Otakon.

Oh, and SOVA BABY!!! E UNIT!
-Rei

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
I agree, the whole thing was mad fun... shame it had to end so soon :( Think there'll ever be a week long con?

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Fu........sion............HA!

I'm down to share a room with someone.

Btw thumbs good **** teaming with you in melee, random knees FTW

Sorry you lost to a random falco in the tourney >_>

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
I had fun, I got 2nd at the brawl "tourney" and I use that term loosely because it was 2:00 time limit 3 stock........so pretty much every round ended up in sudden death. And no prize for 2nd place, even though the Guilty Gear tourney rewarded 3rd place with a $10 gift card.

My "bracket" was also easy as hell until the last round against forte -_-
Oh yeah that was mainly the reason I decided to go Friday, but the Brawl tourney filled up fast when I finally got through the 3 hour line :<. I heard people were taking spots though of people when they weren't even on the list <__<. Really though, I hate people who aren't there when they're being called up for on a match <_<, someone attentive would have been not a waste of a slot.

I did make the Guilty Gear tourney and did suprisingly better than I thought I would for someone who doesn't play the game that often and hasn't really played competitively (got to the finals in the losers bracket and almost won). I played as Potempkin :s. I think this tourney though made most of my day though and it was pretty **** crazy fun hearing people scream after a potempkin bustaaaaaaa XD. There were quite a lot of close matches that were fun to watch.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
what made my day was Street fighter 4 ! and yea..... im still mad tired Hahahah 40 hours plus staying up Say wah?! ..... xD

no worries though thumbs felt the pain :p

hahhaah but yeaaaaaaaaa con was fun even though some of it was trying not to fall asleep

i intend never to stay up that long again ! :x

Shinku

Smash Champion
i dont think ill be at otakon, ill post later on why eventually. so take off dat list til further notice.

also, thumbs is a angry drunk. he said if i ever talk about his sister again hell, **** my *** with his **** and chop my **** **** *** with his mouth and then i cried.

sike, he kept trying to make out with me :urg:

edit - yay my sig posted! ^__^

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
yes, this convention was indeed fun. never thought of such advantages with a hotel and con all at one spot. ^^

Not a lot of things went on, but it was still fun. Chili's was too good

also, Mike and thumbs, I looked at both the pokemon skits and the other one. They were both good ^^

btw, Forte is a jerk in teams =/

Reioumu

Smash Lord
lol you guys are too funny.

There was so much gay in our room xD
Admit it Cristin, you loved it.

I loved hanging with md/va baby lol
We need to do it again :D. You and Cristin were too good. We also need to rock out to Transformers again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QgjwxPZxWo&feature=related
Also, we should give Seb a bukkake next time.

Forte, you need to enter everything as Leon Magnus, also too goodz. Don't forget to remind Cristin later this year to make you a daisy sticker. Also, QUADRUPLE STEVES!
-Rei

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
jerk?! haha what'd I do
I was playing forever on saturday night/sunday morning but I was just trying to stay awake
you constantly kept kicking my *** with Peach. and your Gay and watch friend had bad timings lol

my only legit john was my partners were scrubs, especially the jigglypuff one :p

forute

Smash Ace
Not Peach, Daisy!
I think that Game & Watch player was the second girl, I didn't know her

I hated those controllers lol, and when people got them really sweaty I didn't wanna touch them, gross

I'm glad you found your camera, Korn

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
DAISY STICKER is a go. Promise to have it next time I see you Forte.

Rei, gay all day, too funny. It doesn't work the same since I'm female but I can manly it up to be in teh gay like everyone else lmao.

/no homo

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Okay...for me next up is Anime Boston, who's going? I already have my room :3

Also, I had a BLAST this weekend hanging out with everyone, Shinku, Thumbs, Mike, EE, Korn, Forte, CK, Rei you guys are awesome :D Cons are usually more of a social thing for myself, I'm always at my table doing AA (not that I mind, but I usually don't get to explore the con) so hanging out is one of the best parts of my weekend.

MANY thanks to Mike (not sure if he'll read this lol but thumbs feel free to relay) who drove us from Travel Plaza, and then to DC for the way home (hah, following the bus was amazing xD!).

I got to know you all a little more and you guys are too fun, and we should do this again!

Notable mentions:

*Gay
*E Unit!
*Ugly maids
*Elevator with Captain Falcon rock out
*Melee
*Melee Melee
*Rei's cool and awesome culture
*lol yaoi pictars

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i apologize to Shinku for almost killing him with my drunk/ angry mob of friends in the elevator LOL i had fun playing friendlies with everyone sorry i wasn't in the game room too much i always had a bag with me and was too lazy to get it checked but i'd always wander in there when i was hella drunk LOL. also i can't wait to get SF 4 tomorrow LOL. someone teach me how to play.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
DAISY STICKER is a go. Promise to have it next time I see you Forte.

Rei, gay all day, too funny. It doesn't work the same since I'm female but I can manly it up to be in teh gay like everyone else lmao.

/no homo
I'm gay for you

/no homo

You also forgot the part where we saw all of that *** outside of the hotel with that bunny girl line. Me and shinku took pics with out phones lol. Rockin should have taken his camera out since we got ****ty pics. And LMAO Cornhole :o
-Rei

Top Bottom